Diplomacy Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diplomacy Fail

Good to see that, despite the fact that Young offers an olive branch and despite the fact that this is the man who nearly killed him not so long ago, Rush still doesn't know how to shut up. On the brightside, his snarkiness reminds me how bad he is at being an effective manipulator. A smooth operator would have kindly accepted the olive branch, and bide their time.

I like the ray of hope at the end, with the chess conversation. I'm pleased that Young is working to redeem himself. I'm not ready to say he has, but he's getting closer. The way he handled this entire episode was spot-on. And the scene with him, Rush, and Wray was nice. It showed the three of them finally behaving like a leadership team. I was not on Rush's side in that argument he was making, but he had a valid enough viewpoint. Hopefully this is a sign that the three will continue to behave themselves and stop trying to ruin each other.

Originally posted by Daro View Post
    Hopefully this is a sign that the three will continue to behave themselves and stop trying to ruin each other.
    They've seen what happens when they oppose each other: anarchy. No matter which Team you subscribe to, it's become increasingly obvious to us (and the characters) that they need each other to survive. I'm happy that Young is taking Wray and Rush's opinions as advisors seriously, but he's still the man calling the shots (and taking all the responsibility). This does bode well for the future.
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
      They've seen what happens when they oppose each other: anarchy. No matter which Team you subscribe to, it's become increasingly obvious to us (and the characters) that they need each other to survive. I'm happy that Young is taking Wray and Rush's opinions as advisors seriously, but he's still the man calling the shots (and taking all the responsibility). This does bode well for the future.
      I couldn't agree more. I just hope the three of them can keep it up.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was actually surprised rush was so quick to opt for the 'force them at gunpoint' argument, especially with how last ep went.
        I loved young's comment of the chess like, while watching rush make some pieces..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          I was actually surprised rush was so quick to opt for the 'force them at gunpoint' argument, especially with how last ep went.
          I loved young's comment of the chess like, while watching rush make some pieces..
          I was only slightly surprised at what Rush suggested. He was not behind the rebellion for the same reasons Wray was. And he's demonstrated the ability to use any tool or option to do what he thinks is best. I don't agree with him here, but I can see why he'd want to round everyone up. Letting people leave sets a precedent, so that when the Destiny finds a new planet, people will want to leave again. Eventually, you might lose most of the crew, including people who are vital to the mission.

I liked Young's comment too. And Rush's response, staring at Young like he'd gone mad, but giving a slight nod. True surprise, I think.

Comment

True dat. Though i liked young more for japping on rush for suggesting it so quickly.

Comment

Yes, Young actually won a lot of points in my eyes for this episode. It's been a long time since I actually didn't despise him. Though, I do kinda miss the two sides fighting - we don't have anything to get riled up about and type essays over who is right and who is wrong.

Comment

I don't why. Everytime I see the title for this thread it reminds me of the Janeway's line in Memorial:

"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: Violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." "

Last edited by Commander Zelix; 17 April 2010, 08:30 PM.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                  I don't why. Everytime I see the title for this thread it reminds me of the Janeway's line in Memorial:

"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: Violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." "

I actually started saying "Diplomacy Fail" or "Rolled a 1 in diplomacy!" to make fun of myself among my friends, since in person I have the tendancy to say the absolute stupidest things. Picked up the phrases from Dungeons and Dragons games.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: Violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
                    Looking at your quote, I automatically thought of this:

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Isaac Asimov

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                    X