Lost References

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost References

It is clear to me that this episode was influenced by the show LOST.

The beam of light towards the sky was like the beam of light from the hatch in LOST.

There was mention of a plane crash and survivors.

Well...I...guess....maybe?
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

That's kinda grasping at straws here.

Comment

I don't think so. Many shows have used the whole beam of light thing, and plane crashes are a legitimate concern when you have a not-so-functional shuttle. I'd rather avoid trying to make connections in the plots, since Lost (contrary to popular opinion) didn't invent most of the devices it uses. The closest I think SGU gets to referencing other shows is the occaisonal reference to the other two SG series, and of course Eli's dialogue.

Comment

No.

There was however, a dig at BSG here. Do you remember the line regarding, "This isn't part of God's plan..." or whatever it was.

Anyway, as a BSG fan, I laughed.

Comment

Come on now! You can't tell me that this episode wasn't a nod towards LOST.

Let me put it this way.

If the show LOST didn't exist, this episode would have been different.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              That's kinda grasping at straws here.
              ^^ This.

Originally posted by drallafi View Post
              No.

There was however, a dig at BSG here. Do you remember the line regarding, "This isn't part of God's plan..." or whatever it was.

Anyway, as a BSG fan, I laughed.
              This, however, I definitely noticed. And laughed at too.

The planet looked suspiciously like Kobol. And suspiciously like our Earth
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Lost View Post
                Come on now! You can't tell me that this episode wasn't a nod towards LOST.

Let me put it this way.

If the show LOST didn't exist, this episode would have been different.
                I've watched every episode of LOST to date, and I just cannot see it really. Maybe the episode "Lost" will share similarities...but I just do not see them in this case.
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Oh well, I'm a crazy LOST fan. So, I guess that explains it.

But, I am also a crazy Stargate fan.

I hated BSG and yes I see glimmers of BSG in SGU, but not enough to ruin it for me.

Comment

Dude! I totally agree!

They also had trees and bodies of water and even grass!

Those things are totally one hundred percent in Lost as well!

The similarities are UNCANNY.
                    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Oh well, I'm a crazy LOST fan. So, I guess that explains it.

But, I am also a crazy Stargate fan.

I hated BSG and yes I see glimmers of BSG in SGU, but not enough to ruin it for me.
                      I was a huge BSG fan, and I agree that there are glimmers. But SGU is better, so far. The characters are not all bi-polar, and the plots are not as wild. Plus, I like my science fiction to have some, ya know, science. BSG had practically none, they were careless with things like....orbital insertion trajectery. Which is why Rush saying that line made me laugh. I don't think it was a dig at BSG, but it did remind me of it. Little touches like ships not diving straight down into an atmosphere (good way to explode) make me think that SGU has a solid footing with regard to physics.

Comment

i don't remember hearing about a plane crash in faith.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It is clear to me that this episode was influenced by the show LOST.

The beam of light towards the sky was like the beam of light from the hatch in LOST.

There was mention of a plane crash and survivors.
                          In a word: no.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            i don't remember hearing about a plane crash in faith.
                            It was when the "Atheist Civilian" said something like the plane you missed crashed isnt God, its just **** happens.

I agree there may have been nods to Lost, but I dont agree that the episode would have been any different if there were no Lost.

Comment

Never have watched LOST so I can;t really agree or disagree.

Comment

Working...
                              X