Robots ? SPOILERS - faith onwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robots ? SPOILERS - faith onwards

what are they for? repairer, battle bots, helpers to the ships occupants or all three any good ideas

Early replicator technology. It's supposed to be the main story line for season 3.
    sigpic

Comment

Man i wish you had just made the title *spoilers for faith* with a nondescript extension.
      Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
        Early replicator technology. It's supposed to be the main story line for season 3.
        How do you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
          How do you know that?
          I think he's making a joke (re: Stargate Atlantis and the Asurans). I could be wrong.
          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Na. i think they are FEM BOTS!

Comment

I've read that *spoiler for sabotage*
              Spoiler:
              This robot is gonna be repairing that damaged FTL drive in Sabotage.

They are coming...Smurfs!

Comment

methinks:

those are there for the purpose of repairing the ship (fix holes, get material via the stargate and repair technology and such...rush should have taken a look imidiately....)

that (that rush didn't look right away) is one of my grievances about this episode, because they didn't really show what rush did in the 4 weeks (and a few days) he had with the shields at max strengts (thus being able to run around in most of the ship (he should have searched for the bridge (or the engine room) imho

greetings LAX

Comment

I've gotta go with repair bot.
                  What I don't understand is why doesn't Destiny have some automated repair robots flying around repairing damage as it happens?
                  Guess they could have all been destroyed (apart from the bot seen in Faith if it is a repair robot and not something else), but then why wouldn't Destiny have some means to make more?
                  Seeing that the Ancients likely intended Destiny to keep going for as long as possible.

I guess it could be some kind of probe, for special situations.

Comment

well, i looked at it again and i still say a repairbot is the best shot, because the design would be my take on a repair bot (a sphere shaped main body and lots of arms combing from that sphere...and it looks that way

greetings LAX

Comment

Im calling it 'Steve the Robot' i named it first, therefore ppl should refer to it as such from now on.

Comment

wasn't steve a wraith?

i'm calling it Tin. tin the tinman. eh robot.

i think it's a terminator

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                          methinks:

those are there for the purpose of repairing the ship (fix holes, get material via the stargate and repair technology and such...rush should have taken a look imidiately....)

that (that rush didn't look right away) is one of my grievances about this episode, because they didn't really show what rush did in the 4 weeks (and a few days) he had with the shields at max strengts (thus being able to run around in most of the ship (he should have searched for the bridge (or the engine room) imho

greetings LAX
                          I was thinkin the same thing.When rush said he wanted to explore i was thinkin here we go,we're finally gonna see some cool parts of the ship.
                          But unfortunately it wasn't to be. However i actually kinda liked the fact that he couldn't get to it immediatly coz of all the other stuff that needs to be done, adds a bit of realism when compared to the likes of atlantis when they find something cool, mckay figures it out in about 12seconds and there off blastin wraith in 5mins

Comment

Unlike SGA/SG1 it does not seem that a month or so passes between each ep where he could have spent time doing those things.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Unlike SGA/SG1 it does not seem that a month or so passes between each ep where he could have spent time doing those things.
                              yeah that makes sense. its much better this way imo

Comment

Working...
                              X