Destiny and the Ancients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny and the Ancients?

The most likely course of events to me. Would be that while Earth was investigating the 9 chevron address they caught the attention of the Ancients. One or more were curious to see how their experiment unfolded as they are not all-knowing. I think an Ancient went through the gate with them and has been watching them and possible has given them a way out.

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
    The most likely course of events to me. Would be that while Earth was investigating the 9 chevron address they caught the attention of the Ancients. One or more were curious to see how their experiment unfolded as they are not all-knowing. I think an Ancient went through the gate with them and has been watching them and possible has given them a way out.
    Even the Ancients couldn't create a planet out of nothing though. Plus there's the whole non-interference thing...

Comment

Not feasible. Ever since the whole non-interference stance was called into question during the battle with the Ori, there is no way an ascended Alteran is going to hitch a ride with the Icarus group.

Comment

seems unlikely. If it was a rogue ancient that traveled to the destiny why would they wait until now at that particular spot to help them? they could have done so at the beginning (in whatever galaxy destiny was when the team arrived) and would still have been far enough away from the other ancients that they couldn't really do anything about it.

Comment

Would it not have been easier to say, poof up the power to the gate so they can dial earth...
          Making a planet, with an obelisk, that shines a light yadda yadda, seems like a ton of work, to 'give them a way out'. Kinda like building a space ship to get across a river to me.
          Why is there a spoiler tag?

Comment

The only reason for their non-interference stance was the Ancients fearing the humans worshiping them and by that worship becoming corrupted like the Ori. They don't have that to worry about helping Destiny.

If it wasn't the Ancients then who. I highly highly doubt some race created a solar system.

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
            Would it not have been easier to say, poof up the power to the gate so they can dial earth...
            Making a planet, with an obelisk, that shines a light yadda yadda, seems like a ton of work, to 'give them a way out'. Kinda like building a space ship to get across a river to me.
            Why is there a spoiler tag?
            The Ancients aren't all powerful. But they do have control over the elements and nature so maybe building a solar system is possible. And about the spoiler tag, I dunno. Cuz west coast people haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
              Even the Ancients couldn't create a planet out of nothing though. Plus there's the whole non-interference thing...
              Actually, they can.

Re-watch the end of "Full Circle".
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The most logical explanation for the planet, other then the writers just needing a paradise planet for the episode, is that an alien civilization noticed the seeder ship(s), and analyzed its equipment to determine what it was scanning for.

For instance, since the seeder ships only put stargate's on habitable planets, they would be scanning for specific properties. Perhaps this advanced civilization was able to determine exactly what the ships were looking for - and for one reason or another, decided to build the planet (if you include the element of time travel, you could say the advanced civilization knew the Destiny would arrive there)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                  just building a star system to help destiny get some supplies IMO doesn't count towards that rule. maybe some of the ancients feel bad for the crew of the destiny
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    just building a star system to help destiny get some supplies IMO doesn't count towards that rule. maybe some of the ancients feel bad for the crew of the destiny
                    Just like when the ancients felt bad for humans when the Ori slaughtered countless of them across the milky way galaxy... oh wait

IMO, the only thing the ancients are doing is thinking how dumb we are for getting in way over our heads, and or questioning whether our actions are crazy or stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Halzman View Post
                      Just like when the ancients felt bad for humans when the Ori slaughtered countless of them across the milky way galaxy... oh wait

IMO, the only thing the ancients are doing is thinking how dumb we are for getting in way over our heads, and or questioning whether our actions are crazy or stupid.
                      but after 15 years and the amamzing things we've done you can't tell me we haven't earned just a tiny amount of respect from the ancients. i refused to believe that all of them just ignore what's happen in the past 2 series and now the accident that got the crew to the destiny. i think we've earned just a small favor from them and maybe this planet was it.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Halzman View Post

You don't realize the reason the Ancients don't interfere. They refuse to help cuz they are afraid of creating an image for the humans to worship. In turn giving the Ancients power like the Ori and possibly corrupting them.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                          You don't realize the reason the Ancients don't interfere. They refuse to help cuz they are afraid of creating an image for the humans to worship. In turn giving the Ancients power like the Ori and possibly corrupting them.
                          It's more than that though. The Ancients' Rule #1 is a lot like the Prime Directive. They do not interfere with less advanced races period because history has show time and again that leads to disaster.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Which is exactly what they would have been doing if they helped them this time. Look at the way the people who chose to stay rationalized the planet. They believed that they were supposed to find it. That sounds kind of religious to me. Not to mention if they wanted to help them why wouldn't they just power the gate up and send them home?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              but after 15 years and the amamzing things we've done you can't tell me we haven't earned just a tiny amount of respect from the ancients. i refused to believe that all of them just ignore what's happen in the past 2 series and now the accident that got the crew to the destiny. i think we've earned just a small favor from them and maybe this planet was it.
                              1 or 2 years ago, in the stargate universe, we defeating the ascended Ori finally - the only threat the ascended ancients ever had (I suppose). The only thing they did for us was let us use Merlin's weapon. Every single time an ancient helps, they get burned for it. We didn't even get a fruit basket.

It wasn't really an accident that got the crew stuck on the Destiny, it was actions by certain people; the Luccian Alliance attacking, the specific properties of the planet, Rush's ego, etc etc.... the sacred geometry of chance, that's what it comes to. I do believe the ancients at least owe us for dealing with the ascended ori, but even then, as with all of our other problems, it was specific actions by certain people that made the past 15 years happen, for good or worse.

And for that same reason, is why the ancients will never interfere and solve or improve our situation. If the ancients really wanted to help, as someone else mentioned, they should of just boosted the power reserves on the ship, allowing the Destiny crew to get home, or close to it (maybe they could of dialed to Pegasus or something).

Comment

Working...
                              X