The Chair vs The Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chair vs The Post

A while back Rush states that the chair is like the one used by O'Niel. But I thought that O'Niel stuck his head in some kind of post ( or obelisk, not sure if that's right btw) when he had the ancient knowledge downloaded into his head. Even the one Daniel used was more of a standing unit then a chair. Though I'm sure that why Rush said it the beta unit, but still that is one big leap to guess that. Specially when considering past events. After all it like Brody said they don't have little grey aliens to help them out. So why make the assumption?

Originally posted by Mr.Xcelent View Post
    A while back Rush states that the chair is like the one used by O'Niel. But I thought that O'Niel stuck his head in some kind of post ( or obelisk, not sure if that's right btw) when he had the ancient knowledge downloaded into his head. Even the one Daniel used was more of a standing unit then a chair. Though I'm sure that why Rush said it the beta unit, but still that is one big leap to guess that. Specially when considering past events. After all it like Brody said they don't have little grey aliens to help them out. So why make the assumption?
    If he had time to analyze it, he could have figured out what it was. His first thought might have been "control chair" and then, only after looking at its systems realized that it was a Repository device.
    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Maybe he ment it was like the repository device that stuck info in your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Xcelent View Post
        Rush did not said anything before the scene with him explaining to Young what it was, since he have already examine it and the computers. Since the chair obviously have to make phisical contact with your head and causes pain, the ancients at least made something for you to not to fall into the ground. Probably because the ancients at that time where not all that evolved and could also experience excruciating pain and/or fall unconcient or they predicted someone to come and try to use it while not beign evolved enought to use it..
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
        X