The Three Gates. Which Came First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Three Gates. Which Came First?

If the gates on Destiny are older then those found in the Milky Way, then what does that mean about the other gates?

Is it that Destiny Gates are the early stage ( i.e... Analog), Milky Way Gates are stage two ( i.e... Progressive Analog) & Pegasus Gates the third and final stage ( i.e...Full Digital) when looking at the growth of Ancient technology. And if so how does that reflect the Ancient, and there development. (i.e... Cavemen, to Barbarian to Civilized race of Scientist and Explores).

Pegasus model <- newer than the Milky Way model <- newer than the SGU model
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

The "Cavemen, to Barbarian to Civilized race of Scientist and Explores" question.

Difficult one to answear, since we know nothing about how the ancients was before they got more focuzed on technology, unless they always since day one of their birth been a society of scient and exploration.
      When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Morganrone93 View Post
        The "Cavemen, to Barbarian to Civilized race of Scientist and Explores" question.

Difficult one to answear, since we know nothing about how the ancients was before they got more focuzed on technology, unless they always since day one of their birth been a society of scient and exploration.
        They were once one society with the Ori, but split because of differences in belief between the Ori who favoured religion and the Alterans (Ancients) who believed in science and reasoned debate. Before that they evolved on a planet in their home galaxy, probably Celestis, but how their civilisation developed before the split we do not know.
        "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
        "That he is concealing something."
        "Like what?"
        "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
        "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
        "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
        "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
          They were once one society with the Ori, but split because of differences in belief between the Ori who favoured religion and the Alterans (Ancients) who believed in science and reasoned debate. Before that they evolved on a planet in their home galaxy, probably Celestis, but how their civilisation developed before the split we do not know.
          Oyeah, how could I have forgotten that, now when I think about it, we never really got to know much about the ancients themselves, just that they are uber advanced and so, but what else do we know? Next to nothing.
          When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

The Destinys gate is older then all of the others (Eli said that Rush thinks that its a prototype to all the others, its just his theory but they wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't relevant..) plus the steam shooting out, the fact that it has a smaller range then the milky way gates, the lack of DHD's and the fact that all of destinys tech predates all the other ancient tech that we've seen... its never being stated that its x amount older but guys come on its clearly the oldest gate.... the destinys one is possible the first gate

The way I see it, we know the 9 chevrons is more of a lock for a certain gate rather then coordinates so perhaps when they were designing the gate they gave the destinys one that and sent that out with the seeder ships cos that was actually the original reason they designed the stargates, then after they sent out the seeder ships and destiny they needed a way to travel quickly between planets in the mw cos their civilisation had gotten bigger and they had colonies on more and more planets so the used newer technology to improve on the orginal destiny design and slowly but surely seeded them throughout the mw and then the plague and so onto pegasus at which they had more advanced tech again so again they improved the gate design slightly and then wraith war, ascending etc
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I wonder how much of the Asgard galaxy was seeded with MW style gates.

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
                For any Star Wars fan, does this sound failure. Jedi vs Sith anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                  I wonder how much of the Asgard galaxy was seeded with MW style gates.
                  Well it seams that the asgard galaxy was among the first to be seeded with stargate, this way Ancients and Asgard come to know and trust each other. Or maybe the Asgard where already pretty advanced when they encounter the Ancients maybe during their exploration on a new galaxy (milky Way).
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Why are we still stuck on these questions that have been answered a thousand and one times on this forum? Why aren't these threads deleted as soon as they're posted and the respective posters PM'ed instructions on something called the SEARCH button. Why why why. Why isn't this thread closed already? Good grief.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I'm definately thinking;

SGU = Gen1
                      SG1 = Gen2
                      SGA = Gen3

Comment

Here's what I don't get though. The Ancients would send their prototype gates on the furthest mission they'd have? It seems a little ambitious that they'd send out a new technology so far into the universe before using it locally.

What else I don't get, and no I didn't search, was they've stated that the Antarctic gate was around 50 million years old, but I think I saw somebody quote that Destiny is around 5 million, how does that work out?
                        Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

The 1st Gen gates were likley around for quite some time before the 2nd Gen were created. At the time of the 1st Gen's use they had a broader concept of what they would do with the gates. And as time went on they refined that plan and the gates themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero View Post
                            Here's what I don't get though. The Ancients would send their prototype gates on the furthest mission they'd have? It seems a little ambitious that they'd send out a new technology so far into the universe before using it locally.

What else I don't get, and no I didn't search, was they've stated that the Antarctic gate was around 50 million years old, but I think I saw somebody quote that Destiny is around 5 million, how does that work out?
                            Yep! The skipped the Quality Assurance phase to fast deploy it on the Destiny! They couldn't way for a few more millenia for them to implement a better version with more power. The Atlantis Cyti is 50 plus millions years fact! So the Destiny is older than that!
                            Spoiler:
                            In faith the unknown star system should have been formed at least 200 million years ago!
                            Quiet some time after the seeder ships arrive to scan and deposit gates.
                            sigpic
                            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

"Why are we still stuck on these questions that have been answered a thousand and one times on this forum? Why aren't these threads deleted as soon as they're posted and the respective posters PM'ed instructions on something called the SEARCH button. Why why why. Why isn't this thread closed already? Good grief."

This post started last month, and after lost aired there is now another post having the same argument. It was addressed here and resolved just as quick. That why Lordofseas these post aren't erased, once issues or questions are resolved/answered. They like to think that some people will research this stuff prior to starting new post. I myself was unable to find the answer when I first looked into it. I'm not trying to be an a**hole, but not everyone is going to be successful searching into some of these things like yourself. Sorry if where not all as perfect as you are, the rest of us or human, but I'm guessing you are not being that you have put it upon yourself to moderate and judge all things in a forum.
                              Last edited by Mr.Xcelent; 04 May 2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X