Treme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treme

Which is 'treh-MAY', in case anyone was wondering.

http://www.hbo.com/#/treme

Has anyone watched this yet? It's David Simon's (as in, the guy behind The Wire) new series on HBO, set in New Orleans three months after Hurricane Katrina. The premise of the show is that it follows musicians, chefs, and everyday people trying to rebuild their lives in the aftermath of the hurricane. It had its 80-min premiere just this past Sunday.

It also has Clarke Peters, Wendell Pierce, and Kim Dickens in it (that's Lester Freamon and Bunk from The Wire, and Joanie Stubbs from Deadwood). Plus, John Goodman playing an angry ******* in the premiere episode.

It has an initial order of 10 episodes, but HBO already renewed it (yesterday) for a second season. I've only just started watching the premiere now so I don't know how it is just yet, but hey, David Simon. So I thought I'd put a heads-up out for anyone who hasn't heard of it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

It's not over here yet, but damn am I excited for this. With this and Boardwalk Empire HBO do have some of the best tv lined up.

Comment

HBO always have the best TV lined up

I watched the premiere episode last night.... It's a little thin on plot right now, but damn it has some of the most amazing style I've seen on TV. For that reason alone I'd be checking out next week's, but it's also David Simon so this has "win" written all over it
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        HBO always have the best TV lined up

I watched the premiere episode last night.... It's a little thin on plot right now, but damn it has some of the most amazing style I've seen on TV. For that reason alone I'd be checking out next week's, but it's also David Simon so this has "win" written all over it

Since its by David Simon you know, even though it looks like a tv show focused on the musicians of New Orleans that its going to become about the city as a whole, just like The Wire started with the police then branched out.

Comment

The first episode had amazing style, but was a little light on the story.

Episode 2 aired last night. More plot this time, that's nice. More solid music too. And I howled at John Goodman's stab at Harry Potter, and Bunk and his wife's conversation on the smell of...erm...barbecue
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 20 February 2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Season 3 premiere delayed till the fall.

Poop.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

On the plus side of things though there's enough good tv coming from HBO, Showtime, FX, Starz, AMC etc that I think I can wait till next Autumn. I just hope they get to do 4 seasons like they planned.

Comment

Season 3 of Treme premieres Sunday, September 23!

Comment

Renewed for an abbreviated fourth and final season

Comment

Working...
                  X