A Surgeon/Proper Science Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Surgeon/Proper Science Team

The stones were used for something quite cool when they needed the surgeon. Don't they need people to help them get home or to study the Destiny.

Remember when Rush said "If he had properly skilled team to do research..."

Why doesn't he propose that people can use the stones and switch bodies with people who are experts in all things Ancient for a period of time.

Do you guys also think that Daniel will switch bodies with someone and get on the Destiny

Originally posted by Orion475 View Post
    The stones were used for something quite cool when they needed the surgeon. Don't they need people to help them get home or to study the Destiny.

Why doesn't he propose that people can use the stones and switch bodies with people who are experts in all things Ancient for a period of time.

Do you guys also think that Daniel will switch bodies with someone and get on the Destiny
    I think that more scientists and other professionals will use the stones, and I would bet money that Daniel shows up eventually. I can't imagine he'd be pleased at the situation he will find.

But the practical reasons for not using the stones constantly are also there. From a story perspective, it creates many stories that are like "Life," which was by most accounts the worst episode so far. It also distances the viewer from the characters onboard Destiny. At the end of the day, the story is about them.

From an in-story position, the stones have proven to be unreliable. They short out, and also the aliens have one. All that has to happen is for one very clever alien to figure out how to immitate a human being sufficiently, and then he's inside the Destiny with access to all kinds of information and systems. While those blue aliens have a stone, using them will always be a risk. I personally would love for just the situation I described to occur. It may give us an opportunity to learn more about the aliens, and might also provide an interesting villain (or unlikely hero, even.)

Comment

I don't think so (Daniel on Destiny). While SGU is stuntcasting some SG1 folk into the series (such as Dr. Brightman) Im' hoping they keep it to a minimum. Plus, all the actors are going off to other shows (Tapping on Sanctuary, Browder now on Hellcats, etc. etc.)

but anyway, it was nice to see them FINALLY bring in an actual physician. TJ is a medic. They can only do so much due to limited training. THey're trained to keep people alive until they get to the doctors.

Comment

im guessing that they have the right sort of people on board, just not the right people. they scientists might be uneasy under pressure and such and they dont have the right supplies, itd be like having them bring over carter to fix a hole in the hull and give her glue and paper....it cant be done

Comment

I have only one problem with Dr. What's-Her-Face swooping in using Chloe's body like it was nothing.

For one thing, they weren't the same height, they were not built the same (Chloe's skinnier), their hands weren't the exact same size and neither were their fingers (size, length, thickness, etc.). Chloe doesn't have the same scars, callouses, eyesight (does Chloe have 20/20? Or maybe a bit of astigmatism, which would seriously screw up someone's vision if they went from non-astigmatism to astigmatism in a matter of seconds), etc. that Dr. What's-Her-Face has. In other words, it would've been very easy for Dr. What's-Her-Face to slip a bit or something.

Yet she just swooped in, took over Chloe's body and acted like she had absolutely no problems instantly adjusting to her new body. I mean, it doesn't take much adjustment to simply, say, walk and talk using someone else's body. But precise heart surgery? That, my friends, takes adjustment. Because you need to be extremely precise and your aim needs to be perfect. It's like Chloe ran to the stone room, placed the stone and then 2 seconds later, Dr. What's-Her-Face was 100% ready for the surgery.

Because of this, they should have a proper "medical team" on board. Round together a bunch of civilians who aren't non-essential personnel (i.e. doing anything essential for survival at the moment) and have them routinely body-swap with a team of medical personnel back at the Pentagon/SGC/whatever. This way, not only will the people on the ship get some much needed R 'n' R back at home, they'll also let the medical team get used to their "new" bodies so that they can easily swoop in and perform complicated medical procedures within minutes should the need arise again in the future.

Comment

It was Dr. Brighton, FAII.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

so they should have just had chloe do the surgury on her own.....

Comment

i need an iu explanation as to why they havent stoned in people like daniel and mckay to help with the secrets of destiny
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                  i need an iu explanation as to why they havent stoned in people like daniel and mckay to help with the secrets of destiny
                  well.............daniel is probably wanting to go to destiny and check it out but chances are theres no need for him as many can read ancient and i assume mckay is busy trying to get atlantis to do what he wants

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                    For the same reason no Zat guns were brought to Atlantis, and no Wraith Stunners made it onto SG-1. Heck, not even Ronon's gun made a non-SGA appearance. Different shows, different characters, different plot.

And I say good riddance to SG-1 and SGA characters. This is SGU, a whole new animal and IMHO, far superior. Logistics aside, leave them to their own devices.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      well.............daniel is probably wanting to go to destiny and check it out but chances are theres no need for him as many can read ancient and i assume mckay is busy trying to get atlantis to do what he wants
                      thank you for giving me a possible in-universe explanation which i specifically asked for as opposed to an out of universe explanation with a little sgu rhetoric .
                      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

I thought I saw him in a promo for SGU. This was quite recent, so it couldn't have been the other franchises. The scene only lasted like 1 second. I could have been mistaken. Maybe a Daniel lookalike. Anyway I think they are making up excuses like they are not available or something that's why the experts arn't coming in yet, but we can always hope for some guest appearances! If Carter is not too busy with filming Santuary and Teal'c not too busy with his new show, don't know what the other 2 are doing IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                          I thought I saw him in a promo for SGU. This was quite recent, so it couldn't have been the other franchises.
                          Spoilers ahoy!

Spoiler:
                          The clips are likely from "Human" - my understanding is that we will see flashbacks of when Rush was first recruited into the Stargate program by Daniel Jackson - Jackson won't actually be on Destiny.
                          sigpic
                          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                            Spoilers ahoy!

Spoiler:
                            The clips are likely from "Human" - my understanding is that we will see flashbacks of when Rush was first recruited into the Stargate program by Daniel Jackson - Jackson won't actually be on Destiny.
                            Spoiler:
                            But he will reappear in Subversion, episode 18, as well. And we don't even know if he shows up on the Destiny - the first thing I thought of when I saw that shot was the interior of the Hammond, for some reason.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Okay, McKay appears in somebody else’s body. Can you imagine Rush collaborating with him? Indeed Destiny will fall apart sooner
                              Can you imagine Rush collaborating peacefully with anyone… hmm… smart at all? Other scientists aboard the ship doesn’t count, he’s too far beyond them all. There is Eli, but he’s young and inexperienced. Rush doesn’t respect him yet, only appreciate his talent.
                              My point is Rush wouldn’t let go his position of a smartest guy without a fight. There won’t be any real benefit from new minds, only more mess.
                              Everything will be okay in the end.
                              If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X