Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe - USA Today: Syfy Moving Friday Night Series to Tuesdays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe - USA Today: Syfy Moving Friday Night Series to Tuesdays?

At USA Today:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

'SmackDown' entering the Syfy ring

World Wrestling Entertainment is moving its Friday Night SmackDown series to cable: Syfy will air the series starting Oct. 1 because its current home, MyNetworkTV, decided to end its contract. Syfy also is moving original series such as Stargate Universe, Sanctuary and Caprica from Fridays to Tuesdays, when viewing levels are higher, and in turn will drop WWE's new NXT series, now being shopped to other cable outlets. SmackDown, a top Friday draw among young men, premiered in 1999 on UPN; Syfy sibling USA airs WWE's Raw.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Hmm...This could be a good move or it might backfire. Sure, viewing levels are higher, but so is the competition. Lost might be gone next season, but American Idol's still there, even without Cowell. And so's the highest-rated scripted drama, NCIS. Still, it could be interesting.

Comment

wrestling is sci-fi?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        wrestling is sci-fi?
        Nah. SyFy, maybe.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          wrestling is sci-fi?
          It's fi, but not sci.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
            It's fi, but not sci.
            fi but not sci...oh why

Comment

Won't make a difference to my DVR.
              MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by K^2 View Post
                Won't make a difference to my DVR.
                your....Drunk VelociRaptor?

(i know what it is btw)

Comment

Very little ever makes a difference to a drunk velociraptor. Alas, I do not own one.
                  MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Does anyone know what the competition will be?

Comment

So what does this mean in reality? Does this apply to the rest of season one episodes, or is this only for the season two episodes?
                      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Does anyone know what the competition will be?
                        Well, this would probably happen in the fall for SGU. And it depends on the timeslot. NCIS is the highest-rated scripted drama, so that's always a problem. And NCIS LA is the highest-rated freshman series. Maybe even V if it gets renewed. It's hard to say what the networks will have on. NBC's commissioned a lot of pilots, ABC is losing Lost(HA!) and V is on the bubble, Fox might reshuffle and of course there's American Idol. HOWEVER, a 9 PM Tuesday slot with a good lead-in might not be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          So what does this mean in reality? Does this apply to the rest of season one episodes, or is this only for the season two episodes?
                          Says Oct 1st so it would be season 2, not season 1.

Comment

New SG has always been a Friday thing. Oh well, let's hope it does good to the show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I will hate the competition. I need to digest this.

I would choose SGU and Caprica, although we do watch American Idol and NCIS and my wife is coming around but getting her to choose SGU and Caprica over those two...we'll see. Hopefully they'll continue to play them again after prime time for those that can't catch the first time slot. I guess I could always catch Hulu.

I'd likely just watch Caprica on Hulu on watch SGU whenever it comes on! I wish Sanctuary came on Hulu!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X