This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate differences {Spoilers included}

ok, so far the atlantis stargate has proven to be more advanced then the earthen one: it has a protective forcefeild, it can be in space, it can be remotely dialed, its alot more cool-looking and has alot more lights.

The ancients were running from atlantis to earth (as seen in Before I Sleep) to escape the wraith. so why didnt they update the stargates here on the milky way? or at least the one in the Antartica outpost? (they couldnt be 100% sure the wraith wouldnt make it inside the city, so there was a small danger that the wraiths could had connected to earth and invaded it...)

There's no reason for them to upgrade MW-gates. Our gates can also be remotely dialed (Asgard, Nox, Cassandra) and we have no idea what other fancy stuff the gate can do since we don't even have a DHD at the SGC. The Alpha site does though(probably to dial faster, avoid gate-through-the-sun-stuff)

And not all gates in Pegasus has an energy shield

Comment

The protective forcefield is an upgrade unique to the Atlantis gate. Normal Pegasus gates do not have this, and we've seen Milky Way gates with Force Fields.
      Any gate can be in space...It's just a matter of dialing.
      Other than in 48 hours, have you EVER seen a DHD connect to a gate via a wire? Didn't think so.

I agree with the 'a lot more cool looking', and I love the lights, though
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X