Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient research lab

WRAY: What is this place?

RUSH: Well, as far as I can tell, it's some kind of Ancient research lab. Not exactly ideal for our purposes, but the level of connectivity of the ship's main systems should be adequate.
    It's another dark room with a glowing pillar-like thing in the middle. So... What does the lab for research into? Is it just a random science lab for generic experimentation or something specific? It would be far too easy for it to be the ascension research Rush is after. Will the lab become just as important as the chair? Is it the ZPM room?
    I think it's great to see new rooms explored in the ship again. What do YOU think about this new room?
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

I think the room is for researching and creating new ship programs, and for test running them in simulations. Either that or it's the computer lab.

Comment

seeing as the ancients hadnt been to destiny, the lab would have been for nothing....just a generic lab they can use for any things.

Comment

Yeah, nothing special with the room. Maybe a backup command station in event of an attack.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
          Yeah, nothing special with the room. Maybe a backup command station in event of an attack.
          Or, ya know, backup for in case you need to stage a coup. The Ancients thought of everything.

Comment

Maybe we'll find out more later? Or maybe it's just a general lab, which would get a purpose when the Ancients returned to Destiny...
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
              Or, ya know, backup for in case you need to stage a coup. The Ancients thought of everything.
              Or maybe some perverted Ancient was using that as his secret command center to spy on his fellow Ancients.

Comment

pipi,

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                Or maybe some perverted Ancient was using that as his secret command center to spy on his fellow Ancients.
                Spying on Destiny? I'd be shocked if that's what was actually going on.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                  well most big ships on earth have back up bridges in case of battle damage.
                  ----------------------------
                  You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                    well most big ships on earth have back up bridges in case of battle damage.
                    Very true, but remember, Rush said it "wasn't ideal." I think a redundant bridge would have been his choice if he'd had access to one.

Comment

The Ancients pretty much littered the universe with labs; one more's not much of a surprise.

Comment

It might be a lab for ship's systems though I think it would have had more access. I suspect it might be for monitoring astronomical events, or perhaps more extensive planetary scans.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                          The Ancients pretty much littered the universe with labs; one more's not much of a surprise.
                          agree, they had labs everywhere for example in atlantis , i guess that in this big ship a lab it's essential
                          Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                            It might be a lab for ship's systems though I think it would have had more access. I suspect it might be for monitoring astronomical events, or perhaps more extensive planetary scans.
                            Which might explain why it had the capacity to take over the ship. The consoles were already configured to the ships systems.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Which might explain why it had the capacity to take over the ship. The consoles were already configured to the ships systems.
                              Yes, agree with both these posts. The Ancients probably had redundant systems on Destiny, though it begs the question of why they didn't seem to have them on Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X