PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. Greer Catchphrase?

Serenity000
April 11th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I've started to notice that Greer has gotten a catchphrase of sorts, because when ever something weird happens he always says "what the hell" with a voice, and I laugh at this because it sounds funny.
I'm holding out the that will become his catchphrase like Teal'c's "Indeed".

tessa
April 11th, 2010, 04:05 AM
I hope so!
Because I’ve noticed that when something weird happens my "what the hell" thought comes with exactly the same Greer’s expression! :D

Serenity000
April 11th, 2010, 11:10 AM
He is sort of a mix of Teal'c and Ronan Dex, though not as stoic as Teal'c(but who could be any way. Teal'c is the master of stoicalness) and not as wild as Ronan.

gatefanjo-m
April 28th, 2010, 12:02 PM
That would be funny.

His other line that he says a lot is: "You heard the man."

JustAnotherVoice
April 28th, 2010, 06:10 PM
That would be funny.

His other line that he says a lot is: "You heard the man."

God, I hope that doesn't become his catchphrase. Some people already see him as little more than Young's bulldog/thug. I don't think they'll be any redemption if he officially heads down that slippery slope.

ProclarushTaonasAt
April 28th, 2010, 06:21 PM
God, I hope that doesn't become his catchphrase. Some people already see him as little more than Young's bulldog/thug. I don't think they'll be any redemption if he officially heads down that slippery slope.

I think he is viewed as Young's bulldog because Young is his superior in the military, and by extention, he follows Young's orders.

I personally like his 'what the hell.'

xxxevilgrinxxx
April 28th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I wish he said he was going to shoot people in the face more often. ghastly, yes, but damn if it doesn't have a ring to it :D

JustAnotherVoice
April 28th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I think he is viewed as Young's bulldog because Young is his superior in the military, and by extention, he follows Young's orders.

I don't dispute this, but his character should be given the chance to grow, rather than remain two dimensionally Young's thug.

I wish he said he was going to shoot people in the face more often. ghastly, yes, but damn if it doesn't have a ring to it :D

Green for you, good sir!

tessa
April 29th, 2010, 04:35 AM
I don't dispute this, but his character should be given the chance to grow, rather than remain two dimensionally Young's thug.
Young’s thug is too mach strong term for my taste. What’s wrong with the following orders of your superior?
To grow? I think he’s one of the most colorful and many-sided characters in the show. I’d like him to take a bigger part in the developing events though. If that what you mean, I agree.

xxxevilgrinxxx
April 29th, 2010, 06:36 AM
mmm...yummy green! Thanks :)

kusanagi
April 29th, 2010, 06:39 AM

:lol:

JustAnotherVoice
April 29th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Young’s thug is too mach strong term for my taste. What’s wrong with the following orders of your superior?

Again, I don't dispute this, but the phrase "Young's thug" and the like have been thrown around these forums.

To grow? I think he’s one of the most colorful and many-sided characters in the show.

This, however, I will have to respectfully disagree with. I honestly feel that Greer is one of the flatter characters, up until recently. Of all the main credits, we know the least about Greer, which is disproportionate to the screentime he gets, and Smith's screen prescence.

Its a tribute to Jamil Walker Smith's abilities that he can take what little the writers have given him to date and made him into the show's dark horse favourite.

Serenity000
April 30th, 2010, 03:26 AM
maybe because Greer is the main character we know the least about, is the reason we like him more because we know none of his deep dark secrets.

Egle01
May 16th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I wish he said he was going to shoot people in the face more often. ghastly, yes, but damn if it doesn't have a ring to it :DGreer doesn't shoot people in the face. He puts bullets in their faces. :cool:

I like Greer's line - 'I'm a little busy right now.'

Bismillah
May 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM
These catchphrases can be catchy. I personally have used "indeed" for about ten years, and it has become part of the way I speak. It came naturally, and took some time realize that I was plagurizing.

AndSoItBegins
May 20th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Again, I don't dispute this, but the phrase "Young's thug" and the like have been thrown around these forums.

This, however, I will have to respectfully disagree with. I honestly feel that Greer is one of the flatter characters, up until recently. Of all the main credits, we know the least about Greer, which is disproportionate to the screentime he gets, and Smith's screen prescence.

Its a tribute to Jamil Walker Smith's abilities that he can take what little the writers have given him to date and made him into the show's dark horse favourite.

Absolutely. Could't agree with you more. And I can't argue about your nickname Young's Thug because I too get tired of Greer's main purpose as being the obedient follower of Young while on the ship and theobedient follower of Scott while on away missions. This character is too interesting to have him be a "yes man" to Lt. Scott every time the two characters are part of some team sent to explore a planet. The reason why I go around praising Kino 25 "Drop the Sirs" is because it does a tremendous job in conveying to the audience Greer's loyalty while at the same time making him out to be more than a one dimensional caricature.