• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantian submersibles or puddel jumpers underwater

if u watch Befor i sleep
    Spoiler:
    after weir gose back in time and get shot down
    you hear the atlantian Janus mentioned the fact they retrived wier from the ocean floor which would mean they have subs or the puddel jumpers are able to go underwater.

would be cool to have a atlantian powered sub with advanced weapons on it to help protect the planet. if the wraith attack it launches thousands of them squid looking torpedos at them

<edited to add in spoiler space>
    Last edited by Skydiver; 05 January 2005, 03:33 PM.

If you remember.....any ship that could fly in space can go underwater. Put that in your lake and sink it.
    Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

The Jumpers look like they can probably survive underwater... but this kind of conversation always reminds me of this bit from Futurama:

Originally posted by Futurama
      Leela: Depth at 45 hundred feet, 48 hundred, 50 hundred! 5000 feet!

Farnsworth: Dear Lord, that's over 150 atmospheres of pressure.

Fry: How many atmospheres can this ship withstand?

Farnsworth: Well it's a spaceship so I'd say anywhere between zero and one.
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
        If you remember.....any ship that could fly in space can go underwater. Put that in your lake and sink it.
        Sure... um... why is that again?

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
          Remind me too, but i'm sure that the ancients had ships and vehicles that were able to travel underwater, they have a massive city so i'm sure they can do underwater stuff.

Comment

Puddlejumpers may be able to go underwater but it'd still be cool for them to find some proper subs in there!

Comment

it would be nice to see dedicated sea exploration crafts that could also fire stuff at badies ,like that thing in UFO!
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Mayby Puddlejumpers can't "fly" underwater but if Atlantis' City can be underwater without problems (or not many) it's possible that the ancients have their own underwater-ships. So they are the ancients, I have no doubts, it's possible to have an underwaterShip.
                E per ço foren per los antics ordenades justes e torneigs, nodrint los infants de poca edat en l'exercici militar, perquè en les batalles fossen forts e animosos, e no haguessen terror de la vista dels enemics.

Comment

Originally posted by Besonh
                  Mayby Puddlejumpers can't "fly" underwater but if Atlantis' City can be underwater without problems (or not many) it's possible that the ancients have their own underwater-ships. So they are the ancients, I have no doubts, it's possible to have an underwaterShip.
                  Ummm... Atlantis can't be underwater without problems. That's why everyone was so concerned in Rising when the shield started to fail...

Regarding spaceships being underwater... Common sense dictates that the internal structure of a craft designed for 0 atmospheric pressure would be designed to pull the outer-hull inward, wherewas a submersable vessel would be designed to push it outward (if this makes sense).

Comment

yeah it does which is why it makes more sense that they also have submarines in addition to space vessels!
                    sigpic

Comment

The ancients are advanced enough that their jumpers will most likely go underwater. I doubt we'll find any big ancient submarine with great weapons because ont many battles are founght underwater when your attackers come from space.
                      -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                      -Jack O'Niell

Comment

well im sure the sea would hide the sub to some degree!
                        sigpic

Comment

Not with good enough sensors.

A PJ could very well go under water if they have a good enough shield.

Or the Ancients could just have beamed Weir from the bottom of the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurgle
                            Regarding spaceships being underwater... Common sense dictates that the internal structure of a craft designed for 0 atmospheric pressure would be designed to pull the outer-hull inward, wherewas a submersable vessel would be designed to push it outward (if this makes sense).
                            Im glad you mentioned that. I thought of it halfway down the page. and my only solution, if you can even call it that, was that the puddle jumper would have to be one big piece of metal. even then, im not sure that'd be sufficient.

Comment

This has been bugging me since Before I Sleep. The first time the expedition came to Atlantis, when the shield started to fail big time, Weir, Zelenka, and Sheppard were in the puddle jumper trying to get the door in the bay open to allow them to get to the surface. It never made any sense to me since once that door opened, water would pour in and it would no doubt have to be able to be underwater, right? I just don't know!

Comment

Working...
                              X