Young and Rush - thier Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young and Rush - thier Issues

I think Divided showed while there are two camps on ship. The main two polorizing figures are Young and Rush and their Issues with one another.

Young sees Rush as the egotastical little back stabbing toad that marooned him light years from his wife. Someone he loves just as they where getting their marriage on track. Untrustworthy to boot and perhaps Rush feels a little guilty giving in to his rage and marooning him.

Rush sees Young as a man not able to go far enough. Not fit to command, whose pansy footing around is preventing Rush from learing the secrets of the Destiny. As his only real obstacle to unlocking the secrets. I think its deeper then just need of knowledge his weeping in the pilot seems something more deeper and personel.

Seriously , they just need to hug it out.

Does anyone besides me see this as a reverse and more darker reflection of the Mckay and Sheppherd relationship in Atlantis. A deconstruction of the Military leader and the Genius or the Team leader and the Archelogist.

I have this fabulous quote from an interview at chicagonow.com with Louis Ferreira regarding the state of Young & Rush after the first season:

Well, I'm not giving that away ... I think like an unhealthy [but] loving relationship, the ups and downs will forever be there. They love each other; they hate each other. They need each other; they leave each other on abandoned planets.

Eventually they come back and say, "I'm sorry, I need you, I can't live without you." And it recycles over and over again--think Sean Penn and Robin Wright.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

They need to do battle in a ring full of jello. Teal'c can refree. They are just two complete mindsets that will never agree and the problem is they both want the same thing
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
        I have this fabulous quote from an interview at chicagonow.com with Louis Ferreira regarding the state of Young & Rush after the first season:

Well, I'm not giving that away ... I think like an unhealthy [but] loving relationship, the ups and downs will forever be there. They love each other; they hate each other. They need each other; they leave each other on abandoned planets.

Eventually they come back and say, "I'm sorry, I need you, I can't live without you." And it recycles over and over again--think Sean Penn and Robin Wright.
        After the next fight between Rush and Young. Both bloody and bruised. Young stares up at the sky as both lie exausted on the ground and says..

' You know the thing I wish most in this Verse besides getting home you insufferable *******. I wish I could quit you. '

Comment

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
          I think Divided showed while there are two camps on ship. The main two polorizing figures are Young and Rush and their Issues with one another.
          Don't forget about Wray now. After all it was her idea and Rush was of course happy to help.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

After Divided its pretty clear I feel that Young should not be in command, I mean he took the ship back by force, and was comparable to a dictator....

While Rush's motives may not be pure, he's still the only person that can really say yes or no to anything to do with Destiny/Alien technology... and thus he needs to pretty high up in the chain of command, defo above Young who's answer to everything is just shoot

and you really can't hug out attempted murder and things like that haha
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I really wish those two would establish a more healthy relationship with each other *not only because I need a new slash pairing besides McShep"

The potential of the show would be even bigger, if Young and Rush get their personal problems fixed.
              Love/Hate relationship really sums it up: Light was love and Justice was hate, Space somewhat in between
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                I really wish those two would establish a more healthy relationship with each other *not only because I need a new slash pairing besides McShep"

The potential of the show would be even bigger, if Young and Rush get their personal problems fixed.
                Love/Hate relationship really sums it up: Light was love and Justice was hate, Space somewhat in between
                Hmmmm... Yoush? Ruung? Dam it ! Can't figure a decent shipper name...better minds then mine are needed.

Comment

Youngush.
                  A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                    Youngush.
                    I know I shouldn't laugh at this but I did
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                      After Divided its pretty clear I feel that Young should not be in command, I mean he took the ship back by force, and was comparable to a dictator....

While Rush's motives may not be pure, he's still the only person that can really say yes or no to anything to do with Destiny/Alien technology... and thus he needs to pretty high up in the chain of command, defo above Young who's answer to everything is just shoot

and you really can't hug out attempted murder and things like that haha
                      Yes, because Rush and Wray didn't take it by force, their brand of force. My not be pure? Of course they aren't pure, he marooned them there, and doesn't care if they ever get home. Just because Rush sorta knows how the ship works, doesn't mean that he's made of command material. He's basically just a consultant, he should give advice, but the final decision should not be with him.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post

Anyone seen Ridley Scott's The Duellists with Harvey Keitel ad Keith Carradine? I see it as that.

Comment

Working...
                        X