PDA

View Full Version : since they can use the suits to get to the outside

Ed
April 10th, 2010, 06:53 AM
why dont they try and fix the other shuttle would double their fire power fighting the aliens fighters.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 10th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Ed,

why dont they try and fix the other shuttle would double their fire power fighting the aliens fighters.

With their handy dandy glass manufacturing facilities they have on board? What about putting the glass into place? You know, I'm really curious to find out how they got outside. To the best of my knowledge they hadn't found an airlock up to this point, right?

Mike.
April 10th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Even if they fixed the shuttle they wouldn't be able to use it - the airlock door on Destiny's side is jammed open. The only thing keeping them from depressurizing is the *shuttle's* door (see "Air" the senator had to sacrifice himself to close the door from inside the shuttle).

escyos
April 10th, 2010, 08:01 AM
unless they fix the door

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 08:07 AM
maybe in a future they find a lab with stuff to repair the ship

reddevil18
April 10th, 2010, 08:13 AM
And how exactly would they fix it? Put some cardboard in the broken window?

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 08:16 AM
no , they'll find and ancient clip and an ancient rubber , after that they'll call Jack O'neill :jack:

Phenomenological
April 10th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I'd quite like to see Chloe's reaction when/if they fix the door and get it closed.

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 08:30 AM
sure there 'll be a state funeral ... maybe disintegrating the rest with the stargate like the tok'ra do..

MattSilver 3k
April 10th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I'd quite like to see Chloe's reaction when/if they fix the door and get it closed.

Chloe: "Oh my god, you just left him there?!"
Young: "He wasn't going anywhere!"

Cue Mutiny Number Two.

reddevil18
April 10th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Eli stares at the sealed door. "Well, it's fixed and the shuttle's pressurized. So...who goes in first?" he asks of those around him.
Young ponders the situation, glances at Rush and Scott, then nods to himself. "I'll do it" he says.
"Wait." a voice echoes down the corridor. From the darkness, Chloe appears, tears brimming in her eyes. "I should be the one to do it."
"No. You shouldn't even be here" Scott objects. He moves to embrace her and take her away, but Chloe pushes him aside.
"No, I HAVE to. I feel useless. And it's all because my father was a far better person than me. Perhaps, if I say good-bye properly I shall become a real person, just like Pinocchio."
"But..." Eli tries to intervene.
"No, she's right." The gravelly tone of Young's voice carries authority, but it isn't unkind. He knows it's going to be hard for her to face the demons of her past.
"Right. Shall we get on with it, then?" Rush asks impatiently. Chloe simply nods and wipes away the tear streaming down her left cheek.

The door slides upwards.All of them hold their breaths. Half a minute passes and Eli is turning blue. Finally, Chloe steps inside. Tentatively, one foot in front of the other, her gaze fixed on the corpse sitting in the control chair. She stumbles and falls to her knees. She is in hysterics, the tears no longer in check, a stream of sorrow bursting from within. "NOOOOOOO!" she yells into the heavens, while Scott rushes to her side and takes her into his muscular arms.

"Well, he's frozen, so he might yet be of use to us." Rush says to Young, looking at the scene in front of him with contempt in his eyes. "We've all been longing for some meat to go with those tomatoes."
Eli can't contain himself any longer and throws up.

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 08:44 AM
"Well, he's frozen, so he might yet be of use to us." Rush says to Young, looking at the scene in front of him with contempt in his eyes. "We've all been longing for some meat to go with those tomatoes."

Come on ! we'll seen that rush has a picture of his wife or another person that he loved or still love !! He is not such a ******* !!
And i'm still going with the stargate funeral =D

reddevil18
April 10th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Come on ! we'll seen that rush has a picture of his wife or another person that he loved or still love !! He is not such a ******* !!
And i'm still going with the stargate funeral =DYes, a person HE loved. He doesn't give a crap about the dead Senator, especially if eating him accomplishes his goal, whatever that may be.

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Yes, a person HE loved. He doesn't give a crap about the dead Senator, especially if eating him accomplishes his goal, whatever that may be.

but in the last episode we have seen that he "start's " a special relation with Cloe ... i don't see doing something like this in front of her....

jelgate
April 10th, 2010, 09:13 AM
They lack the materials and equipment to fix Destiny. At least for now

reddevil18
April 10th, 2010, 09:15 AM
but in the last episode we have seen that he "start's " a special relation with Cloe ... i don't see doing something like this in front of her....You do realize I was kidding, right?

Replicator Todd
April 10th, 2010, 09:16 AM

Then Eli goes on a rampage killing several members of the crew.

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 09:23 AM
You do realize I was kidding, right?

sure !

Then Eli goes on a rampage killing several members of the crew.

with a teaspoon !

Demoniser
April 10th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Ed,

With their handy dandy glass manufacturing facilities they have on board? What about putting the glass into place? You know, I'm really curious to find out how they got outside. To the best of my knowledge they hadn't found an airlock up to this point, right?

They can get outside through the holes in the hull, altering the shield strength to allow passage through the holes and vice versa. Its clearly shown in Divided. They could also quite easily use the working shuttle as a mobile airlock, and where the shuttle docks to the main ship, like how Eli used the Kino to see the outside of the ship.

kymeric
April 10th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Well the could just weld some metal over the window. I mean a window frames probably pretty freaking strong material. Just find some of whatever magic metal the hull is made out of to seal it from the outside, and then from the inside too. Wouldnt hurt to fill the space between them with something too. Liquid metal, foam, some kinda sealant. Pretty much just patch the hole with something that can take the space pressure.

Dont get shot in that window tho....

garhkal
April 10th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I dont remember seeing any welding tools.

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Well the could just weld some metal over the window. I mean a window frames probably pretty freaking strong material. Just find some of whatever magic metal the hull is made out of to seal it from the outside, and then from the inside too. Wouldnt hurt to fill the space between them with something too. Liquid metal, foam, some kinda sealant. Pretty much just patch the hole with something that can take the space pressure.

Dont get shot in that window tho....

True ! if it's an ancient ship with kinos inside sure that in some lab we can find some material ... or better find the main bay ( it has to be somewhere ) where should be other ships and repair kits !

Demoniser
April 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
i find it hard to believe that the ancients didn't consider a contingency plan for ship repair when constructing and send a ship out into the unknown universe for a long voyage without constant human maintenance.

I would bet that there is a way to repair the damage to the ship somehow.

kymeric
April 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM

Spaceships without repair materials dont last millions of years.........

jelgate
April 10th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Spaceships without repair materials dont last millions of years.........

In our mindset yes. But who is to say that isn't a material out theiir that can last millions of years

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 12:06 PM
In our mindset yes. But who is to say that isn't a material out theiir that can last millions of years

if the ancients where aboard the ship or think in have a nice operative ship they should thought in bring repair kits aboard.
and last millions of years ? like the co2 converter ?

jelgate
April 10th, 2010, 12:10 PM
if the ancients where aboard the ship or think in have a nice operative ship they should thought in bring repair kits aboard.
and last millions of years ? like the co2 converter ?

What is your point? Yes the CO2 converters broke down but its at least in the realm of possibility that a material could last millions of years.

kirmit
April 10th, 2010, 12:21 PM
i find it hard to believe that the ancients didn't consider a contingency plan for ship repair when constructing and send a ship out into the unknown universe for a long voyage without constant human maintenance.

I would bet that there is a way to repair the damage to the ship somehow.

I agree, I'm holding out hope that there's some kind of repair droids onboard that just need to be activated. I know TPTB have done this whole, seal off parts of the ship for story purposes but they did that with Atlantis for so long that I've kind of gotten bored with it and just want to see them investigating the ship.

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 04:44 PM
What is your point? Yes the CO2 converters broke down but its at least in the realm of possibility that a material could last millions of years.

My point ? I think that's impossible to create a material such you're proposing ... they are the first form of the ancients ... for example the chair that we have in the ship is one of the old designs ( i think )

Demoniser
April 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I agree, I'm holding out hope that there's some kind of repair droids onboard that just need to be activated. I know TPTB have done this whole, seal off parts of the ship for story purposes but they did that with Atlantis for so long that I've kind of gotten bored with it and just want to see them investigating the ship.

Indeed i think we all want to see more of the ship :) It is a character in itself.

While one of the most logical and realistic outcomes The only real gripe i have with the whole automated droids/repair drones or whatever concept is that surely if the ship did have these things it would have been able to put them into use itself. Course im making the assumption that the ship is semi aware, if it did then surely it would have just parked arounda star for an endeterminate amount of time to repair while replenishing power.

But my guess is that anything like that would need a bodily presence to give it instructions...i,e, the crew.

If it does have some repair capability perhaps it needs raw material to do so which needs to be physically transported by say a crew from a planet and processed on the ship beforehand.

jelgate
April 10th, 2010, 04:55 PM
My point ? I think that's impossible to create a material such you're proposing ... they are the first form of the ancients ... for example the chair that we have in the ship is one of the old designs ( i think )

With so much vastness of unknowns out their in space I would say very few things are truly impossible. Maybe for us but the Ancients were a lot more advanced then us. Note I'm not saying for the Destiny that this is the original material just that is possible

reddevil18
April 10th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I agree, I'm holding out hope that there's some kind of repair droids onboard that just need to be activated. Yeah, maybe the Destiny crossed a galaxy far, far away, a long time ago, and got stuck with R2-D2.

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, maybe the Destiny crossed a galaxy far, far away, a long time ago, and got stuck with R2-D2.

:lol: so where are the lightsabers ?

Captain Obvious
April 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM

in "Water" they used a plasma cutter to mine ice. They could use it to weld if they needed to.

The Swarm
April 11th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Destiny has repair droids on it , they just havent found them yet.... they will try and use one in the episode "Sabotage" to fix one of the FTL drives that explodes.

garhkal
April 11th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Interesting. i wonder what they look like.

reddevil18
April 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Interesting. i wonder what they look like.http://www.daleklinks.co.uk/media/45871/leemation-daleks.jpg

They're especially efficient when it comes to clogged up toilets.

hiro
April 11th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I think more like kino's but with more tools stuff

Pharaoh Atem
April 11th, 2010, 07:00 PM

with what materials ?? and what tools??

hiro
April 11th, 2010, 07:10 PM
with what materials ?? and what tools??

Give them time to search the ship ...=D

Pharaoh Atem
April 11th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Give them time to search the ship ...=D

but that might take 8 seasons ....oh wait that's a good thing

hiro
April 12th, 2010, 12:13 AM
but that might take 8 seasons ....oh wait that's a good thing

:indeed:

garhkal
April 15th, 2010, 04:11 PM
It does look like they stopped exploring the shipo.. Same as the crew on atlantis did not really explore atlantis after mid season 3..

jelgate
April 15th, 2010, 04:21 PM
It does look like they stopped exploring the shipo.. Same as the crew on atlantis did not really explore atlantis after mid season 3..

They were just exploring the ship in Life. Then the blue aliens appeared so priorities kind of shifted