Young's actions in Divided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young's actions in Divided

anyone else starting to love his charchter more and more? i like the man. I also like rush but he is such a little worm

I've always liked Young and he's now slowly becoming my favorite character. It's between him, conniving Rush and Greer's hot body. I can't decide yet.

Comment

I've always liked Young to some extent, but this episode further solidified it. The scene where he walks in on Rush and Wray just makes me laugh. They thought they were so awesome in their position of power for thirty seconds, and then he walks in like nothing's wrong. lol

Comment

i liked especially when he told everyone to go to their quarters at the end, then stood at the door looking at everyones faces. He just oozes power . He is by far my favourite charchter him and greer and rush. I dislike wrays charchter alot

Comment

Young is probably my favourite character. It feels like a long time since I've liked a character this much. He's got gravitas, badass moments, the occasional hero moment, and most importantly: He's insane. Well, not really. But his unpredictability and temper just make me like him all the more.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Young is probably my favourite character. It feels like a long time since I've liked a character this much. He's got gravitas, badass moments, the occasional hero moment, and most importantly: He's insane. Well, not really. But his unpredictability and temper just make me like him all the more.
            Did I ever mention how much I love your sig? It's one of the reasons I like Young so much. He's so unlike any SG character we've had so far. I mean, we've seen different facets of him in different characters throughout the franchise - Col. Everett(Everett Young, eh?), Mayborne, Makepeace, but also O'Neill and other valuable commanders. But he's the first character to have all of those traits rolled up into one, messed-up, bad-ass, awesome package. Though, I dislike his curly hair. He needs to get it cut, pronto! Curly hair just doesn't suit him.

Comment

Rush is abosolutely correct when he calls Young dangerous. When Young isn't upset and angry he's fairly easy to deal with. When he's pissed off he attacks people when they aren't looking and leaves people behind on alien planets. I'm still curious to find out what happened regarding the attack on Col. Telford.
              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Personally I find Young to be an interesting character, but I far from like him, and I am sure if'd be on the Desitny I wouldn't be able to stand the guy. For one, he's the worst military leader we've ever seen on stargate. Not to mention his disloyalty to his marriage, i.e. his affair. His aggressive behavior. His closed-mindedness. His short-sighted-ness. His radical behavior. And I could go on, but for now, his lack/inability to be a good leader makes me wonder how he ever made it to be an USAF Colonel.
                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                  Personally I find Young to be an interesting character, but I far from like him, and I am sure if'd be on the Desitny I wouldn't be able to stand the guy. For one, he's the worst military leader we've ever seen on stargate. Not to mention his disloyalty to his marriage, i.e. his affair. His aggressive behavior. His closed-mindedness. His short-sighted-ness. His radical behavior. And I could go on, but for now, his lack/inability to be a good leader makes me wonder how he ever made it to be an USAF Colonel.
                  Well, here in Canada there's an Air Force colonel on trial for murdering two young women and sexually assaulting two others. He was the commander of one of our biggest military bases. Just goes to show that you can be professional at work and a criminal at home.

Regarding Young, I think he's starting to grow. He needed to show everyone that he wouldn't bow to their demands or their blackmail, but now he needs to show them that he will talk and cooperate. I hope that's what his dialogue with Wray at the end was all about, anyway.

Comment

For one, he's the worst military leader we've ever seen on stargate.
                    Are you kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                      Are you kidding?
                      No, I'm dead serious. He's one of the worst leaders on stargate I've ever seen. His inability to communicate with the civilians is one of his biggest flaws. And the scene with James in Air was horrible. So was the confrontation between Rush and O'Neill in O'Neill's office. Leaving Rush on the planet was a grave mistake. He has his (good, even great) moments, but overall he's not fit to lead in this situation. He lacks diplomacy and in this situation this is crucial. Also, always taking Scott or Greer with him on mission is a serious mistake imho.
                      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

No, I'm dead serious. He's one of the worst leaders on stargate I've ever seen. His inability to communicate with the civilians is one of his biggest flaws. And the scene with James in Air was horrible. So was the confrontation between Rush and O'Neill in O'Neill's office. Leaving Rush on the planet was a grave mistake. He has his (good, even great) moments, but overall he's not fit to lead in this situation. He lacks diplomacy and in this situation this is crucial. Also, always taking Scott or Greer with him on mission is a serious mistake imho.
                        How so? Captain Kirk always took Spock and "Bones" with him. Well, a couple of ablative redshirts as well, but you get my point

Comment

I'd say he's not in line with the stoic leaders we've seen, like Hammond, but to call him THE worst, as you did? Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                            I'd say he's not in line with the stoic leaders we've seen, like Hammond, but to call him THE worst, as you did? Come on.
                            Yeah, what about Cowan? Or Colonel Simmons? I mean, sure, they were villains but still... Worse than Young I think.

Comment

He's a bad leader, but a good character.

I still can't believe he didn't even make a speech after the mutiny but just stood there as civilians walked pass him. Not the mark of a good leader, imo.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X