Opening Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Song

Does anyone know the make of the song playing when Chloe is walking thru the halls and finds herself in that tank? It was a cool song, and I want to know who sings it and the title.
    Then To Tyolous
    Say to the people of the low plains
    Seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors
    Lest it finds purchase in your own house.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11388598

your answer
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ugh, it was terrible IMO. The whole sequence was over-dramatized and painful to watch. I rolled my eyes about 5 times throughout.

JMO though.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
        Ugh, it was terrible IMO. The whole sequence was over-dramatized and painful to watch. I rolled my eyes about 5 times throughout.

JMO though.
        I agree 100%. Overly dramatic scene. Dramatic depressing song. Painful to watch. Didn't add anything to the episode.

Comment

Well for what it's worth (not much I'm sure) I have to chime in and disagree. I was seriously moved by Space (previous episode), finally we have some real alien interplay here, and so watching Divided with this sequence and this music I was nodding my head and muttering, "Nice." I thought it was surprisingly appropriate.

The cliche of a nightmare is to have this eerie, haunting ambient music that leads to unmusical noise and discomforting sound effects at which point the character wakes up in a cold sweat. Instead, they decided to play on how this character feels while actually entertaining us, using a highly dramatic rock tune. Good of them, I say.

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy77 View Post
            Well for what it's worth (not much I'm sure) I have to chime in and disagree. I was seriously moved by Space (previous episode), finally we have some real alien interplay here, and so watching Divided with this sequence and this music I was nodding my head and muttering, "Nice." I thought it was surprisingly appropriate.

The cliche of a nightmare is to have this eerie, haunting ambient music that leads to unmusical noise and discomforting sound effects at which point the character wakes up in a cold sweat. Instead, they decided to play on how this character feels while actually entertaining us, using a highly dramatic rock tune. Good of them, I say.
            I wouldn't call that scene entertaining and I wouldn't call that song rock, it was more like pop.

Comment

it was ok, but I think the reliance on songs will come back to bite the series. like that god awful song in the club.

Comment

It's funny, I recognized the vocals from the song, as I loved the band's first two albums, but after that their music just took a weird turn that I couldn't get into. This song belongs to one of their later albums that I know nothing about. It was weird to suddenly say to myself "Wait a second, is this a Brand New song?"

For the record, though, I loved the scene. As I said in another thread, it depicted the feeling of isolation and helplessness Chloe was feeling. The few shots of her mother were so random, but dramatically relevant, as anyone could find themselves thinking of a relative in situations like that.

I wouldn't exactly crank up the song on the radio, but I thought it was effective in the scene for sure.

Comment

When the song played I was expecting chole to try to kill herself considering the song brought up hanging and rope
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jimv1983 View Post
                    I wouldn't call that scene entertaining and I wouldn't call that song rock, it was more like pop.
                    No, that was rock. Pop-punk, maybe.
                    And wouldn't you know it? You didn't like something about the show. What a surprise.

I thought it was cool, much better than most dream sequences on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                      . It was weird to suddenly say to myself "Wait a second, is this a Brand New song?"
                      same here. When I was watching the episode I was like - hey that songs sounds familiar - is that Brand New? Holy, it is Brand New! I've listened to the "The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me" CD for a long long time and know the songs by heart.
                      For me SGU definitely makes up for the fact that it's not that great with including great music into the episodes.
                      First they had Flogging Molly with "Worst day since yesterday" and now Brand New with "You Won't Know".
                      Awesome!
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked it
                        General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

I've been very impressed with the music they've chosen so far, too. Is there anyplace that lists the songs in each episode?

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...aired-episode*

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                              I've been very impressed with the music they've chosen so far, too. Is there anyplace that lists the songs in each episode?
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...aired-episode*

EDIT: Damn you Vapor!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X