Chloe's Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe's Nightmare

Was it just a nightmare? Or did those aliens mess up their brains somehow?

Who was that woman who approached Chloe when she was in the water behind glass, but then turned into an alien? What was that about?

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post

Who was that woman who approached Chloe when she was in the water behind glass, but then turned into an alien? What was that about?
    i think she's just expercing post traumatic syndrome. she's just a regular girl who was kidnapped by the first aliens she's ever encountered. and the woman was her mother.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Her mom. It was just a nightmare, a manifestation of what she stood to lose forever when she was captured... the Destiny's her only chance at ever seeing her mother again, after all.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It was a dream, one that apparently Rush was having in a similar matter. It was a fantastic sequence too IMO.

Comment

I think it was just a nightmare or even night terrors. It makes sense given the tramuatic experence she and Rush suffered
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

It's possible Chloe has some issues with her mom. For her to have a nightmare in which the mother is present mean there's some negative emotions or issues surrounding her mother. Maybe she is tormented in some way by her mother in a similar way the aliens tormented Chloe during her captivity (minus the physical abuse of course). Usually dreams play out in similar ways to the way we feel or think about things when we are awake.

Comment

It's possible Chloe has some issues with her mom. For her to have a nightmare in which the mother is present mean there's some negative emotions or issues surrounding her mother. Maybe she is tormented in some way by her mother in a similar way the aliens tormented Chloe during her captivity (minus the physical abuse of course). Usually dreams play out in similar ways to the way we feel or think about things when we are awake.
              chole seems to really like her mother. if anything her parents pressured her to be a good student,
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Just a nightmare, in my opinion. But it was a catalyst for her and Rush to get together and start scheming, so a plot-important nightmare.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  Just a nightmare, in my opinion. But it was a catalyst for her and Rush to get together and start scheming, so a plot-important nightmare.
                  They weren't really scheming... besides, the mutiny had been planned before that, long ago enough that all the civilians knew what they had to do on a moment's notice. I think they were just bonding over a mutual experience, nothing more.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    They weren't really scheming... besides, the mutiny had been planned before that, long ago enough that all the civilians knew what they had to do on a moment's notice. I think they were just bonding over a mutual experience, nothing more.
                    Well yeah. Scheming is just what sprang to mind though, as only they knew about the tracking device, and of Rush's intention to use the mutiny to hopefully send the aliens away by not slipping up.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I thought it had to do with something the aliens might have done to her while she was in the tank, they had a device that let them into your mind who knows what all they did to her.

@SupremeLegate
                      Apogee Institute
                      Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Somewhat unfortunately, the dream didn't advance the plot at all. It was just a mean to show us Chloe was traumatized by the abduction experience. We don't know more of what happened to them or the motives of the Aliens or something like that. Still it was an ok scene (beside the music).
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I too didn't really care for the music. But I think that showing the damage done to Chloe opened the door for her to build on her new friendship with Rush, which certainly did advance the plot.

What I would really have loved to see was Rush's dream. Who does he see outside his tank, eh?

Comment

i quite liked the music, i felt it fit quite well with what we were seeing, but then i am a fan of Brand new anyway

Comment

It was noted that Chloe did not have a tracking device implant, however, do we know that she or Rush do not have some other form of implant? It could also be that the alien who interrogated them with the "Seven of Nine" eyepiece (not the guy with the stone who swapped places with Young and was strangled by Rush...) maybe has some limited contact...

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X