PDA

View Full Version : Chloe's Nightmare

erotavlas
April 9th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Was it just a nightmare? Or did those aliens mess up their brains somehow?

Who was that woman who approached Chloe when she was in the water behind glass, but then turned into an alien? What was that about?

Pharaoh Atem
April 9th, 2010, 09:13 PM

Who was that woman who approached Chloe when she was in the water behind glass, but then turned into an alien? What was that about?

i think she's just expercing post traumatic syndrome. she's just a regular girl who was kidnapped by the first aliens she's ever encountered. and the woman was her mother.

s09119
April 9th, 2010, 09:13 PM

Her mom. It was just a nightmare, a manifestation of what she stood to lose forever when she was captured... the Destiny's her only chance at ever seeing her mother again, after all.

Replicator Todd
April 9th, 2010, 09:17 PM
It was a dream, one that apparently Rush was having in a similar matter. It was a fantastic sequence too IMO.

jelgate
April 9th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I think it was just a nightmare or even night terrors. It makes sense given the tramuatic experence she and Rush suffered

erotavlas
April 9th, 2010, 09:34 PM
It's possible Chloe has some issues with her mom. For her to have a nightmare in which the mother is present mean there's some negative emotions or issues surrounding her mother. Maybe she is tormented in some way by her mother in a similar way the aliens tormented Chloe during her captivity (minus the physical abuse of course). Usually dreams play out in similar ways to the way we feel or think about things when we are awake.

Pharaoh Atem
April 9th, 2010, 09:39 PM
It's possible Chloe has some issues with her mom. For her to have a nightmare in which the mother is present mean there's some negative emotions or issues surrounding her mother. Maybe she is tormented in some way by her mother in a similar way the aliens tormented Chloe during her captivity (minus the physical abuse of course). Usually dreams play out in similar ways to the way we feel or think about things when we are awake.

chole seems to really like her mother. if anything her parents pressured her to be a good student,

MattSilver 3k
April 9th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Just a nightmare, in my opinion. But it was a catalyst for her and Rush to get together and start scheming, so a plot-important nightmare.

s09119
April 9th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Just a nightmare, in my opinion. But it was a catalyst for her and Rush to get together and start scheming, so a plot-important nightmare.

They weren't really scheming... besides, the mutiny had been planned before that, long ago enough that all the civilians knew what they had to do on a moment's notice. I think they were just bonding over a mutual experience, nothing more.

MattSilver 3k
April 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM
They weren't really scheming... besides, the mutiny had been planned before that, long ago enough that all the civilians knew what they had to do on a moment's notice. I think they were just bonding over a mutual experience, nothing more.

Well yeah. Scheming is just what sprang to mind though, as only they knew about the tracking device, and of Rush's intention to use the mutiny to hopefully send the aliens away by not slipping up.

SupremeLegate
April 9th, 2010, 10:26 PM

I thought it had to do with something the aliens might have done to her while she was in the tank, they had a device that let them into your mind who knows what all they did to her.

Commander Zelix
April 9th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Somewhat unfortunately, the dream didn't advance the plot at all. It was just a mean to show us Chloe was traumatized by the abduction experience. We don't know more of what happened to them or the motives of the Aliens or something like that. Still it was an ok scene (beside the music).

Daro
April 9th, 2010, 11:01 PM
I too didn't really care for the music. But I think that showing the damage done to Chloe opened the door for her to build on her new friendship with Rush, which certainly did advance the plot.

What I would really have loved to see was Rush's dream. Who does he see outside his tank, eh?

dosed150
April 9th, 2010, 11:13 PM
i quite liked the music, i felt it fit quite well with what we were seeing, but then i am a fan of Brand new anyway

Gollumpus
April 9th, 2010, 11:22 PM
It was noted that Chloe did not have a tracking device implant, however, do we know that she or Rush do not have some other form of implant? It could also be that the alien who interrogated them with the "Seven of Nine" eyepiece (not the guy with the stone who swapped places with Young and was strangled by Rush...) maybe has some limited contact...

regards,
G.

Loheat
April 10th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I loved the sequence, and I think it was good that they showed how that effected her, and how it advanced her and Rush's relationship. I do think that it wasnt just a 'dream' but some residual effect of the mind probing they recieved. Her whole demeanor changed, and I dont think its just because of fear

Daro
April 10th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Maybe it's the reality of their situation finally forcing her to participate in the ship's events in ways other than dating Scott and mourning her father. Not to be disrespectful toward her in that way, but up until this episode she's often refused to deal with what's going on around her. For example, in 'Darkness,' she had to be dragged to the viewing room by Eli to see the gas giant, etc. She's becoming an active character that makes things happen, rather than a passive one that things just happen to.

muz84
April 10th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Whilst chloe is having a flash back she see's a woman on the outside of the tank about 2mins in.
This woman is a dead ringer for the artificial intelligence in Remnants (episode 15 season 5 SGA) about 39mins. Did the smurfs find one of the sacari life pods.

Jper
April 10th, 2010, 06:14 AM
I linked her seeing her mother to the visit she had way back in the beginning of the season, where she had to tell her mother that her dad had sacrificed himself. So that I linked back to her connection with Rush and her father. :) Rush did free her out of the tank, but there's still her father's death. And, there's also Young impersonating an alien. For moment I thought that the alien she saw was actually a revisit of Young discovering her in the previous episode. Or maybe not. :) It was a good dream/nightmare sequence.

jsonitsac
April 10th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I loved the sequence, and I loved the music that went with it. It was a great combination.

Jper
April 10th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I though the dream sequence with the look in the empty mess hall and then the wake sequence with Rush in the mess hall was nicely done. :)

hiro
April 10th, 2010, 08:13 AM
It's possible Chloe has some issues with her mom. For her to have a nightmare in which the mother is present mean there's some negative emotions or issues surrounding her mother.

Maybe the glass represents the distance between him and his mother, she "has gone to earth " but in another form ... a very different one .. so i think that at the end is only a girl that miss a lot his mother ( because she just lost his dad )

garhkal
April 10th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I too didn't really care for the music. But I think that showing the damage done to Chloe opened the door for her to build on her new friendship with Rush, which certainly did advance the plot.

What I would really have loved to see was Rush's dream. Who does he see outside his tank, eh?

Maybe His dead wife?

kymeric
April 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I loved the sequence, and I think it was good that they showed how that effected her, and how it advanced her and Rush's relationship. I do think that it wasnt just a 'dream' but some residual effect of the mind probing they recieved. Her whole demeanor changed, and I dont think its just because of fear

She had an alien in her mind and was tortured, thats a life changing event for someone whos life revolves around working for daddy and choosing what dress to wear clubbing.

Rush at least is familiar with the concept having worked for the military with alien technology for at least 6 months, and was probably many years.