PDA

View Full Version : silly aliens

randomking
April 9th, 2010, 08:08 PM
putting something so big in rush's chest and think we could not get it out....as far as they know we built the ship...not to mention we have more control over it they they have ever had silly blue zoiderg ancestors :thoranime01:

Replicator Todd
April 9th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Um, huh?

Pharaoh Atem
April 9th, 2010, 08:14 PM
putting something so big in rush's chest and think we could not get it out....as far as they know we built the ship...not to mention we have more control over it they they have ever had silly blue zoiderg ancestors :thoranime01:

the smurfs don't know anything about the destiny crew. all they know is the ship was empty and now it's has 85 people on it.

randomking
April 9th, 2010, 08:22 PM
they put that transmitter in rush's chest...

erotavlas
April 9th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I'm guessing the aliens did not anticipate that Rush would learn about the transmitter implanted in him to begin with. So there really was no need in their view to make it really small, or impossible to remove...as long as it was small enough and placed somewhere you would never notice it. His chest cavity was a good a location.

randomking
April 9th, 2010, 08:46 PM
but rush even said he looked/asked about a scar on chloe's chest....so im thinking he did have a scar....and still seems a lital to week....destiny's shield takes a beating from 3 of there ships...the tracing beacon is removed with out much problem... they cant fight 1 on 1...but they have mind reading device's?... im probably reading way to much into this but it feels like cavemen vs. ninjas

The Destiny
April 10th, 2010, 09:54 AM
They are advanced, and they have at least three ships ( which are pretty big actually. On the screens in the destiny you could compare sizes, and we know destiny is huge, but compared the alien ships weren't small either ) with decent firing capability, but destiny is an ancient ship with ancient shields, which will make it considerably tougher than their own enemies they could encounter in their galaxy. They had no problems with sending a load of fighters towards destiny either, apparently the loss of a dozen fighters is hardly a waste to them.

I think it is a decent assumption this alien race is powerfull and controls a significant territory of the galaxy destiny is in, and are able to produce a lot of ships. After all they've sent three smurf battlebarges hunting after destiny, it appears their space armada has some spare ships that aren't vitally needed elsewhere.

Or this is a race just like the travellers.

garhkal
April 10th, 2010, 11:08 AM
From what rush said, that they seem obsessed with the Destiny it does make me think they are akin to the travellers, locked in their ships. So having control over the destiny would be a BIG step up for them.

SMP85
April 10th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I'm wondering why the aliens have a tiny transmitter inside Rush but a shuttle craft as transmitter on the hull. If they stuck a tiny transmitter on the hull it would take forever to find it. Does not make logical sense.

SGA Sheppard
April 10th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I think the Aliens just put the Transmitter in him as a normal periodical situation. I don't think they intended for Rush to get back on the ship to track destiny. I think the transmitter was just so if he some how managed to escape they could find him quick.

Jper
April 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Or they thought the tracking device in his chest would go unnoticed and knew that the shuttle on the hull would be discovered, and so they created a fall-back to track Destiny by giving Rush the implant.

jmoz
April 10th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Advanced and intelligent does not mean wisdom and basic compassion and prudence like humans. Unfortunately the Destiny crew doesn't really have either. Eli's a nice enough fellow though.

skarwolf
April 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
The aliens haven't really did anything evil, wrong, whatever.

1. The Destiny could be passing through their territory. If some empty alien vessel with technology far advanced from ours suddenly appeared in space what do you think would happen ?

2. They accidentally, then on purpose use the communication stones offensively. Just doing it once could be interpreted as a hostile act.

3. Rush & Chloe seemed fine, no missing parts, no heads replaced with chihuahua's or anal probes.

timebandit
April 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
why water tanks though? The alien's interface probably works w/o them.

Briangate78
April 10th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry when I first read the title of this thread I was thinking...

Silly Rabbit Trix are for Kids.

The Shrike
April 10th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Silly Rabbit Trix are for Kids.Beatrix Kiddo?

Briangate78
April 10th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Beatrix Kiddo?

Ohh I love that movie! :p

jelgate
April 10th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Silly Rabbit Trix are for Kids.

Get out of my head. I was thinking the same

Pharaoh Atem
April 10th, 2010, 08:24 PM
silly smurfs

The_Asgard_live
April 10th, 2010, 08:24 PM
the smurfs don't know anything about the destiny crew. all they know is the ship was empty and now it's has 85 people on it.
I don't know if that's true? They had the brain thingys hooked up to him. They could know some part, or everything that he knows. Which is more than everyone on the Destiny (save for the guy that sat in the chair maybe), including the things he is likely holding back from the crew.

I know why it has to be so, but these aliens are equally matched against the most outdated Ancient tech we've seen. One Earth ship 'the Gargamel' should be able to cut the entire smurf village to shreds in theory. Kinda bugs me.

Briangate78
April 10th, 2010, 09:21 PM
silly smurfs

Destiny's new crew member, to deal with the Smurfy Aliens...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/vacamala/gargamel.jpg

jelgate
April 10th, 2010, 09:58 PM

[IG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/vacamala/gargamel.jpg[/IMG]

Curse you Brian. I am reliving my childhood

Jper
April 11th, 2010, 01:58 AM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/vacamala/gargamel.jpg

:lol:

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

:mckayanime07: :mckayanime07: :mckayanime07:

The Destiny
April 11th, 2010, 04:54 AM
I know why it has to be so, but these aliens are equally matched against the most outdated Ancient tech we've seen. One Earth ship 'the Gargamel' should be able to cut the entire smurf village to shreds in theory. Kinda bugs me.

We don't know how an earth battle-cruiser would fare against destiny, nor the smurf battlebarges. However we can be 100% certain that when an earth ship is hit by destiny's weapons or the alien weapons, there will be sparks everywhere. Because so far everything anything from a bird to an energy weapon hit our cool asgard shields, half the ship appears to be blowing up, bathing in sparks.

The plasma beam weapons would be able to slice through the smurf battlebarges though, but I think the beam weapons would be able to destroy destiny too.

pipi
April 11th, 2010, 04:59 AM
If the silly aliens managed to land a transponder ship on Destiny and also drill holes whenever they felt like it, why haven't they sent their people onboard already? Rush speculates that they couldn't get past Destiny's defenses, so I guess the shields only repel alien matter. If the life support systems are anything like on Atlantis, it would auto detect alien contaminants and repel them, so that could be a reason why they haven't set foot inside yet.

Jper
April 11th, 2010, 05:06 AM
If the silly aliens managed to land a transponder ship on Destiny and also drill holes whenever they felt like it, why haven't they sent their people onboard already? Rush speculates that they couldn't get past Destiny's defenses, so I guess the shields only repel alien matter. If the life support systems are anything like on Atlantis, it would auto detect alien contaminants and repel them, so that could be a reason why they haven't set foot inside yet.

The reason why the aliens haven't been able to enter Destiny is because the shield was always up before, and prevented them from drilling or shooting holes into Destiny. It's only because Lt. James cut the power that they aliens were able to drill a hole and abduct Chloe.

That's also why Rush was dialing up the shield strength in Divided, and why Eli was stalling. If Rush had significantly dialed up the shield before Young and Greer entered through the hole, they wouldn't have been able to enter the ship through the hole. Previous to the humans their arrival on Destiny, Destiny's automated defenses prevented the aliens from entering, but now that the humans are on-board they have control over those defenses and have to prevent the aliens from entering themselves. :)

The Shrike
April 11th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Ohh I love that movie! :pMe too, I remember reading the 220 page draft years before he made the films, it's amazing how close they were to the end product.

The Shrike
April 11th, 2010, 05:21 AM
....Previous to the humans their arrival on Destiny, Destiny's automated defenses prevented the aliens from entering, but now that the humans are on-board they have control over those defenses and have to prevent the aliens from entering themselves. :)Must be humbling for the humans to know that they're less capable of defending the ship than a program written millions of years ago.

Jper
April 11th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Must be humbling for the humans to know that they're less capable of defending the ship than a program written millions of years ago.

Rush knows, but Young doesn't want to listen that reason, and insist on keeping an aggressive attitude towards everything he encounters, from Rush's difficult behavior to the aliens attacking them.

The Swarm
April 11th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Honestly i wish we could have an episode without Rush causeing death, chaos or destruction everywere.

The Shrike
April 11th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Rush knows, but Young doesn't want to listen that reason, and insist on keeping an aggressive attitude towards everything he encounters, from Rush's difficult behavior to the aliens attacking them.Even though I'm jumping on the Young and military at the moment, I will admit that scientists can fall victim to some of the most egregious brain cramps imaginable. Case in point: the messages on Pioneer 10/11, and Voyager that point out the directions to our planet to whomever (or whatever) may find it. If a military person was in charge, I doubt that obvious error would have occurred.

Jper
April 11th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Honestly i wish we could have an episode without Rush causeing death, chaos or destruction everywere.

So Rush caused death, chaos or destruction in this episode? Weird that I don't seem to remember that. As I recall, no one died due to Rush his actions. On the contrary he saved Young and Scott their lives. Don't see how he created chaos either. Seems like he wants just the opposite to me. Nor do I see how he destructed anything in this episode, on the contrary he safe-guarded destiny against being destroyed by the aliens.

garhkal
April 11th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I think the Aliens just put the Transmitter in him as a normal periodical situation. I don't think they intended for Rush to get back on the ship to track destiny. I think the transmitter was just so if he some how managed to escape they could find him quick.

That and it is always best to have a back up incase the first is found.

THe one outside in their pod, was for long range tracking, and to ME the one inside rush was a localized one that they could ping off of if they were near.

Jper
April 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Or they knew that the pod would be discovered and destroyed after the caught Rush and probed him. :) So they assured that they had a back-up and 'cause of the probing they knew Rush wasn't likely going to tell and he believed that it couldn't be safely removed on Destiny. :)

pipi
April 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM
That and it is always best to have a back up incase the first is found.

THe one outside in their pod, was for long range tracking, and to ME the one inside rush was a localized one that they could ping off of if they were near.

I'd agree with the localized transmitter theory. Compared with the size of the implant and the attached pod ship yeah... And there is always a chance that Destiny has internal jamming functions or that the little transmitter doesn't transmit that far. Guess we'll never find out.

hisg1fans
April 12th, 2010, 06:05 AM
They are advanced, and they have at least three ships ( which are pretty big actually. On the screens in the destiny you could compare sizes, and we know destiny is huge, but compared the alien ships weren't small either ) with decent firing capability, but destiny is an ancient ship with ancient shields, which will make it considerably tougher than their own enemies they could encounter in their galaxy. They had no problems with sending a load of fighters towards destiny either, apparently the loss of a dozen fighters is hardly a waste to them.

I think it is a decent assumption this alien race is powerfull and controls a significant territory of the galaxy destiny is in, and are able to produce a lot of ships. After all they've sent three smurf battlebarges hunting after destiny, it appears their space armada has some spare ships that aren't vitally needed elsewhere.

Or this is a race just like the travellers.

We don't know these aliens are from this galaxy? Or that they can produce many ships? Maybe they've been following Destiny for thousands (millions?) of years? Maybe they are as old as the ancients? Maybe they are just as desparate as the humans on Destiny? Maybe this is what Wraiths look like after they haven't eaten for a while? Maybe this is the "missing link" between humans and the Asgard? Maybe.....? Maybe.....? Maybe.....?

At this point, we know nothing about them except they are blue and they squeak. All we have is speculation. And, I don't think we can go by what Rush says he "knows" either. He's shown he will just make stuff up just to get his way. And Chloe doesn't seem to have picked up any info during her "tank time" either.

I think I like your idea of the blue smurfs being like the Travellers the best, scavengers moving across time and space. The humans may think Destiny is advanced and special, the blue smurfs may just see spare parts and a power source. I find that an interesting storyline. Here the humans are trying to survive, learn advanced technology, and apparently wanting to argue over who is in charge, then along comes somebody who gives them no more thought than picking an apple off a tree because they are hungry.

I think the humans had better stay focused on surviving.

The Destiny
April 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I don't think a travelling race would spend fighters and lives so willingly on a suicide attack on destiny, to get some prisoners ( space ) .

I am also wondering. In space there was 1 ship, in divided 3. Where were the other 2 during space? Doing other "important stuff"? You'd think they would all go after destiny if it was so important to them. If they were a traveller- like race than destiny would be vitally important to them. Knowledge, power, additional living space, or spare parts.

If they were part of some kind of space empire in the galaxy destiny currently is in some puzzle pieces fit better. One of the ships is following destiny ( maybe they had given up on trying to get in by force ) and tries to get prisoners when they find out there are people in destiny, so they can possibly aquire information how to get in the ship.
After that they call for some local reinforcements from the smurf armada, and 2 nearby ships show up, and they try to take the ship again, hoping the humans make a mistake ( like Rush said ) , like spending power on weapons and weakening the shield.

Personally I like the idea of a smurven empire most.
( I like their ships, I think it's one of the coolest enemies the SGverse ever had, especially since we know so very little about them. I'm happy they are returning at least one more time ( smurfs coming through the gate in the trailer. To think we were excited about seeing aliens just once, we get them 3 times! )

hisg1fans
April 12th, 2010, 12:28 PM
LOL. Smurven Empire. I like that name :D

pipi
April 13th, 2010, 03:28 AM
LOL. Smurven Empire. I like that name :D

That would be way too corny if they actually used that term in SGU.

garhkal
April 15th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Corny, but i could easily see Eli using it