Destiny's Waste Management Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the bathrooms on Destiny. This has never been addressed in any of the stargate shows. This leaves me wondering that there are no bathrooms or at least conventional bathrooms aboard Destiny.

I know this should have been more technical but give this forum some input : )

the ship was built by the ancients who where human. humans relase waste after eating. so it stands to reason destiny has bathrooms

maybe we'll get a episode called "waste"
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

they mention a water filtration system..

and on atlantis they mention plumbing

we mostly get them in mentioning. considerong the showers dont use water, i wonder what the toilets are like?

Comment

the last episode with the alien ship one of the military women mentioned water pressure was low which I thought contradicted the weired showers that use a mist I believe.

Comment

Title of this thread:

Basically yet another variation:
          Every other "Bathrooms?" thread

You people have problems above and beyond curiosity.
          How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

maybe it's 'gross', like Lexx's, so they don't show it anymore?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos
              we mostly get them in mentioning. considerong the showers dont use water, i wonder what the toilets are like?
              Vacuum Pump? You put it in there and vacuum pleasure?
              The solid wastes are released into the sun every time the destiny gets near one.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Or we use our own bathrooms that somehow got brought along and the waste is separated from water, water is returned to the reserves, solid-nutrients go to the hydro/aeroponics bay.
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                  Or we use our own bathrooms that somehow got brought along and the waste is separated from water, water is returned to the reserves, solid-nutrients go to the hydro/aeroponics bay.
                  It seems unlikely that the Destiny crew brought along toilets. If they did, it must had been the work of some red shirts, cause we have yet to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                    Those green plastics...
                    sigpic
                    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

very few tv show make a big deal about bathrooms and some just use them jokes / as part of a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                        Vacuum Pump? You put it in there and vacuum pleasure?
                        The solid wastes are released into the sun every time the destiny gets near one.
                        A long-duration ship like Destiny can't afford to toss much overboard. Human wastes are likely recycled.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                          very few tv show make a big deal about bathrooms and some just use them jokes / as part of a joke
                          Very rarely are facilities even mentioned. Star Trek: TNG did make a reference to them once. Worf after being introduced to prune juice ("Yesterday's Enterprise") mentioned once that he was delayed after being summoned to the bridge. While never mentioning that he was stuck in the can it's pretty much implied from the context.
                          How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

They haven't shown them cos its just assumed that the destiny definetly has them.. I dunno about you guys but it might take away from Chloe or Scotts attractiveness or Dr. Rushs genius-ness if we saw them going to john every 20 minutes cos the alien mash potatoes gave them the squirts......
                            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

When the crew needs to go number 2, the ship drops out of FTL, the gate dials a suitable planet, then gives them gives them a countdown that depends on the number of people who need to go potty. That is why the countdown times are always different.

Comment

Working...
                              X