Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boba Fett actor Jeremy Bulloch looks back on 30 years of Star Wars

Boba Fett actor looks back on 30 years of Star Wars’ ‘Empire Strikes Back’

It’s been almost 30 years since The Empire Strikes Back made its debut, but for Jeremy Bulloch, better known as bounty hunter Boba Fett in the second film in the original Star Wars trilogy, it never gets old.

Rarely a day goes by without someone wanting to talk to the 65-year-old actor about his most famous role. Which is even more impressive considering that, without the iconic Boba Fett mask, he wouldn’t exactly stand out in a crowd.

But at a packed comic convention he is royalty, the man behind one of the most-loved characters in the Star Wars canon and a particular favourite of series’ diehards. Their neverending adoration makes him proudly embrace his place in sci-fi history and talking to Star Wars geeks never gets old, he said in a recent interview.

“I’m not one of those people who says, ‘Look, I’ve moved on, I’m now doing Shakespeare, I’m playing King Lear at the Royal Court (in London).’ I’m very proud to have been a part of Star Wars, I’m very proud to have been playing Boba Fett,” he said.

Article continues
    Fun
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Boba Fett FTW.

Comment

I was never much of Fan of Fett...I didn't get it because he shows up in two episodes and dies in the last.
      It wasn't untill the other 3 came around that he did anything but he had a huge following none the less.

Comment

Go Boba!!

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
        I was never much of Fan of Fett...I didn't get it because he shows up in two episodes and dies in the last.
        It wasn't untill the other 3 came around that he did anything but he had a huge following none the less.
        He's not dead. He gets out of the sarlaac and survives until at least 40 years after A New Hope
        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
        ---
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
          He's not dead. He gets out of the sarlaac and survives until at least 40 years after A New Hope

Comment

actually his following was due in large part to Karen "Talifans" Traviss
            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

He had a huge following long before the EU came along. At least something of it comes from the fact that he's pretty much the only villain in the OT who mouths off to Darth Vader and gets away with it.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                He had a huge following long before the EU came along. At least something of it comes from the fact that he's pretty much the only villain in the OT who mouths off to Darth Vader and gets away with it.
                Indeed Boba was huge before his story was expanded.

Comment

Working...
                X