Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second animated series

LucasFilm teams with Robot Chicken Duo to Develop Star Wars Animated Sitcom

Variety is reporting that LucasFilm is developing a new animated Star Wars animated television sitcom series. The Daily Show/Frank TV writer Brendan Hay will be the head writer, and Robot creators/producers Seth Green and Matthew Seinreich will be “creatively involved” while daytime Emmy and Gemini Award-winner Jennifer Hill (The Backyardians) will produce with Todd Grimes (Back at the Barnyard) directing. No start date, series title or network have yet been announced (although it appears they are aiming for either Comedy Central or Cartoon Network).
    Source: Slashfilm article

This seems....well, ludicrous. To me, anyway.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

For some reason, I can see this being the Robot Chicken Star Wars episode using different scenes each week

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Source: Slashfilm article

This seems....well, ludicrous. To me, anyway.
      Oh........um........Is it time to send George Lucas to the insane asylum?
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Oh........um........Is it time to send George Lucas to the insane asylum?
        Star Wars comedy can work. Just look at the two Family Guy movies and of course, the Robot Chicken special. It's just a matter of format. So we as fans have basically given him permission to do it.

sigpic

Comment

Come on, Geroge! Really? I mean really? Realllly? *sigh* Oh well, i'm actually not surprised.

Comment

Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
              [stormtrooper facepalms]
              [/thread]
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

ridiculous
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

I would not mind a full blown Star Wars Robot Chicken cartoon taking place during the movies & then some

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    I would not mind a full blown Star Wars Robot Chicken cartoon taking place during the movies & then some
                    I think Robot Chicken would end up having to do the prequel trilogy, as Family Guy will no doubt finish the original trilogy with a retelling of Return of the Jedi.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      I think Robot Chicken would end up having to do the prequel trilogy, as Family Guy will no doubt finish the original trilogy with a retelling of Return of the Jedi.
                      Screw Family Guy I hope they do not let another show stop them from spoofing all movies & then the EU. I would not mind that

Comment

What Family Guy has done with Episodes IV and V would require special permission from LucasFilm. It goes beyond doing their normal spoof scenes (which is the same stuff Robot Chicken did, just stop motion) which just required LucasFilm to view the scenes and approve (because the guys at Fox didn't want Family Guy getting them sued)

So Family Guy wouldn't be able to stop people, but LucasFilm could. But when all is said and done, I loved the Family Guy version of Episodes IV and V, so having someone else spoof VI wouldn't appeal to me, it would just seem like a crap attempt at someone making a cheap film that has the same basic plot of a blockbuster and a similar sounding name.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          What Family Guy has done with Episodes IV and V would require special permission from LucasFilm. It goes beyond doing their normal spoof scenes (which is the same stuff Robot Chicken did, just stop motion) which just required LucasFilm to view the scenes and approve (because the guys at Fox didn't want Family Guy getting them sued)

So Family Guy wouldn't be able to stop people, but LucasFilm could. But when all is said and done, I loved the Family Guy version of Episodes IV and V, so having someone else spoof VI wouldn't appeal to me, it would just seem like a crap attempt at someone making a cheap film that has the same basic plot of a blockbuster and a similar sounding name.
                          Well everything done so far has been approved so hopefully nothing stops them

Comment

Working...
                          X