The Stargate Command Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stargate Command Museum

-Just waiting on the name change but getting this thread started and I hope everyone enjoys it!-

With so many plot devices, objects of interest, and many other things over the past decade or so of Stargate there are many things that get lost or are sources of the plot holes in the Stargate universe. I hope to have a weekly discussion on the various "Artifacts" I'll be doing dual artifacts from both SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis in this thread.

Hello, My name is Tyjos and behind me is a Quantum Mirror.

First seen in the episode "There for but the grace of God." This device was found by Daneil Jackson who accidentally discovered it's Purpose: A Gateway to alternate realities.

The Device was found on P3R-233, a planet that had been wiped out by the Goa'uld,Daniel traveld through the mirror to an alternate time line where the Goa'uld were invading earth.

After the Device was brought back it was sent to Area 51, it sat there for a year or so before an Alternate Samantha Carter and Kawalsky came through from another universe that the Goa'uld had invaded earth.

SG-1 returned to that alternate reality with another artifact the home made "ZPM Like device" that O'neill had created that they used to contact the Asgard in that reality.

The device also had a Remote to switch to other realities, it was used to return SG-1 to it's correct reality.

This device was instrumental in the prevention of a Goa'uld Invasion of earth.

While never stated as who who created it or where it was actually found, it's believed the Ancients created it and that it is made out of the Gate element Naquadah.

The current location of the device's remains are unknown, it apparently under orders from General Hammond was destroyed However the one behind me, is a replica.

Another Artifact of interest is the Severed Wraith Arm, Colonel Sheppard brought back from their first encounter with the wraith.

While still moving initially when Sheppard came upon it in the wreckage of a downed Wraith Dart he fired a few shots into the hand and brought it back for Carson Beckett to Analyze.

This arm helped Dr. Beckett find out a great deal of information on the wraith especially how they can regenerate.

Where the arm is now, I can only speculate.

Let the discussion now start.

-Try to keep on topic, if the moderators want to help out with maintaining the thread don't hesitate to do so in case anyone tries to get off topic-
    Last edited by Guest; 06 April 2010, 08:45 AM.

Daniel Jackson? Is it you? Cause you wrote it just like him? The Mirror was almost certainly destroyed in person by General Hammond with a hammer. The Wraith arm probably gone to the sunday soup McKay so much likes . Probably discarted.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I'm sure a piece of technology like the Mirror was indeed destroyed but I'm sure they must have studied it before they did.

How the creators managed to make a "Mirror" to transport someone to an alternate reality the science seems far beyond what the Ancients could do.

And as for the Arm, it might have been kept in cold storage for further dissection.

Comment

personally never liked the mirror, i understood why they would choose a mirror for a device like that, though that is more fantasy than sci-fi. plus it looked like a giant space sh*t with a mirror attached. hopefully it was destroyed and it is too as long as the higher ups didn't hear about the order then ya its destroyed otherwise its just as liable as the gate and is around.
        time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
        sigpic

Comment

It did seem an "Odd" way to have a way to a other reality might have been a reference to the "Mirror Universe" of Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyjos View Post
            I'm sure a piece of technology like the Mirror was indeed destroyed but I'm sure they must have studied it before they did.

How the creators managed to make a "Mirror" to transport someone to an alternate reality the science seems far beyond what the Ancients could do.

And as for the Arm, it might have been kept in cold storage for further dissection.
            The mirrors problem wasn't with us. Imagine Aphofis finding its function, in another reality, just connect send a bomb, disconnect. "Aphofis Lord of All realities".
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I'm sure in some reality he did, in a reality where he actually understood the tech behind it.

The Remote Device was an interesting little thing. I think there were 2 Devices, the first one I think was Destroyed since Carter had it with her when she was in the briefing room with a grenade that she took out a few Jaffa.

Comment

Um, actually, I thought that the planet where they found it was studying it along with other artifacts much like we do so it very well could have been Ancient or Furling or whatever.
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

Well Moving onto the next Artifact!

The Recall Device on the F-301!

As we all know this little device was the source of the trouble for O'neill and Teal'c, you'd think that when we were busy converting them to our use that they'd find it?

As for the F-301, I'm sure at this point it's beyond Jupiter and maybe in the asteroid field and might have been destroyed. One must think why they didn't assume to try to retrieve it after they got the Prometheus up and running.

And for Atlantis Artifacts.....

Another Interesting little tid bit is the Wraith Storage Device.

Over the course of the years of Atlantis only 2 have been encountered [that I know of]

One the Genii Had and one in a underground Wraith Lab.

Where either of these 2 are is unknown.

Comment

Working...
                  X