This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else noticed...

Firstly I'd like to say a huge "hello" to everyone here, I've been reading the forums for ages, but only just decided to register and take part.

Secondly, has anyone noticed a small continuity error between the movie and the show, paticularly the name of a certain small boy who shot himself with his father's gun.

In the series he's known as Charley, but I was watching the movie again (for about the 400th time) and happened to notice right at the beginning when the airforce go to Jack O'Neill's house to recall him into active duty, the camera pans around "Charley"'s bedroom and on the middle of the shelve there's a certificate awarded to "Tyler O'Neill", next to a load of photographs of Charley/Tyler playing baseball.

Assuming Jack and Sarah had no other children as there's no mention of them anywhere else in the series, was this one very small detail overlooked perhaps?

EDIT:I've posted a screenshot for you all, but I have no graphics software so you'll have to turn the brightness up on your monitors to see it properly!
    Last edited by KokiriChild; 14 May 2004, 09:09 AM.

It's a common thought that maybe Charlie was his middle name and he didn't like to be called Tyler. Maybe though.....or they just changed it among with other things.
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Hmm, quite possibly... I guess this falls into Red Chevrons (a catagory me and my mates made up, originally spun from "Oooh, where'd the Red chevrons come from?")

Comment

Well, how about the fact that O'neill is spelled with only one "L"...it is just a thing

Comment

My teachers were dumb and mispelled my surname loads, but they never mispelled my first name and made me a different person

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
            Hmm, quite possibly... I guess this falls into Red Chevrons (a catagory me and my mates made up, originally spun from "Oooh, where'd the Red chevrons come from?")
            i'm really intersted, what else is in the Red Chevrons???

Comment

Have you noticed that the name of the mountain complex in the movie is Greek mountain(was it?) and in the series Cheyenne mountain complex.. Why would have they moved the gate?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
                Have you noticed that the name of the mountain complex in the movie is Greek mountain(was it?) and in the series Cheyenne mountain complex.. Why would have they moved the gate?
                Close.....it was Creek Mountain. But they look remarkably similar...
                Maybe it was changed to make it more realistic?
                "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

AFAIK, Creek Mountain is a fictional base established in the movie. Cheyenne Mountain is a real US Air Force Base...and probably one of the coolest looking. In any case, you could think of it as moving the gate. Or...you could think of it as the series producers getting cooperation from the USAF that the movie producers did not get.
                  Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                  O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                  - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                  - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                  once done, cannot be undone...
                  brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
                    Well in CotG, O'Neill says he's been here before when going to Cheyanne mountain. So accoriding to SG-1 in the film it was in Cheyanne mountain and the film got it wrong.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Or maybe both the film and movie are right and the facility only had it's name changed. I'm not sure how common this kind of thing would be, or if the military does it at all, but it's probably the most likely solution.
                      My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Yeah I just got around to watching the movie and I immediately noticed that. I quickly rewound the tape, annoying my brother out of his mind (he has no patience for my nitpicking habits). Also, I noticed another innacuracy:Abydos' location. I thought that since the asgards galaxy is the next one over (excuse the over-simplicity) and abydos is the closest gate to us, it makes sense that they are in our galaxy. Also, I suppose that that nifty star-map (the one with the motorized lens thingy to target planets) must be pointing at our galaxy and not our planet if abydos is in a distant galaxy because otherwise the map would be big enough to COVER our galxy...

Now that my blood sugar level has fallen and by fingers have stopped vibrating...
                        [email protected]
                        http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                        One nation under dog
                        There of which I stand alone
                        A face in the crowd
                        Unsung, against the mold
                        Without a doubt
                        Singled out
                        The only way I know

Comment

OK, I haven't watched Stargate regularly for very long, so maybe I missed something, but did anyone notice that in "Hathor" Janet said that her husband told her that it was a "man's army", and in "Heroes" she told the documentary guy that she had no husband? Did she get divorced? Why didn't we hear about it? Or did I really just miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                            i'm really intersted, what else is in the Red Chevrons???
                            the fact that the gate doesn't rotate offworld, arguements over point-of-origin and stellar drift, the lack of vortex at the rear of the stargate upon an incoming wormhole, why the Abydos gate seems to be the only gate with different symbols (in the movie they were different to the earth gate, in the series every gate has the same), why Abydos in the movie was on the other side of the known universe and in the series it's the closest planet to earth (hence the lack of stellar drift)... uuuhm, can't think of anything else off teh top of my head

Comment

Y'know what I've only just noticed? In Children of the Gods when they've just sent the box of tissues to Abydos, if you look at the stellar map then you can see Stargate destinations already on there. Maybe this is just a mistake or that footage was from later in the series.....I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X