• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody Loves Hugo (612)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    EVERYBODY LOVES HUGO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 612

A ghost from the past urges Hurley to stop his friends from destroying the plane, while in another life Hugo seeks the one thing he doesn't have -- love. But the woman who catches his eye claims to have already known him in another life.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 17 April 2010, 01:42 PM.

Didn't think i'd enjoy this episode to much. But i gotta say its one of the best episode's this season so far, atleast in my book. You can definitely feel the shows intensity start to pick up in this episode. And Ilana's death is something i didn't expect, atleast not in this epsode. The explanation for the whisper's was pretty obvious, something most people figured from the very first season or so. Look's like next weeks episode will keep the intensity going.

Comment

Meh, after the epic that was last week that seemed a disapointment though admittedtly that was because I watched it with my family and had to explain the story so far every three minutes. It seems I was right in my assumption that people dead in the main timeline remember the truth when they see people who they loved there.

Am loving the reveal about what the whispers were though. I'm also left wondering whether Desmond would have done to Hurley what he did to Locke if he hadn't mentioned Libby

Comment

Loved the music to the previews for next week's Lost....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
          Loved the music to the previews for next week's Lost....
          That was music?..

But anyways, this episode was great!

Return of old characters, we got some answers on questions... like the whispers! Also, I totally called Locke pushing Desmond in the well.

The scenes with libby and Hurly were pretty good too.

I'm wondering why Desmond hit Locke?

I think he's possibly trying to get Locke to the hospital... to see Jack and connect them both like he's doing for others.

Comment

Well, perhaps 'music' was the wrong word--it was from Willy Wonka and is just perfect for tonight's preview....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
              Am loving the reveal about what the whispers were though. I'm also left wondering whether Desmond would have done to Hurley what he did to Locke if he hadn't mentioned Libby
              I would say probably not. 'Locke' (apparently Desmond doesn't know that Locke is actually MIB in the original timeline [OT]) is the bad guy in the OT, while Locke is actually Locke in the FS. I think that he thinks killing Locke in the FS will have an effect on him in the OT. Whether this is true or not is TBD.

This was a weird episode. I liked seeing Libby again, though everything other than the Hugo/Libby part of this episode confused the heck out of me.

Desmond is on a mission of some sort in the flash sideways, though we still have no idea what that mission is. That mission includes killing Locke, apparently.

The whispers are finally explained somewhat, but why the whispers happen when they do is still a mystery.

Why Desmond is such a threat to MIB is a mystery still. I think it's safe to infer that Desmond is a candidate also, otherwise MIB would've killed him already by his own hand. Instead, he basically pulled a "Hiro" (I'm referring to season 2 of Heroes when Hiro stuck Adam Monroe in a casket underground because he couldn't kill him, basically locking him in there for all time) by leaving him down a well with hardly any hope of escape.

I think the biggest question that we have is: What does Desmond know that we don't?

That one chick blowing up kinda sucked. I would've thought that there would have been at least some charred remains left behind, but I guess not.

Ok, so Hugo goes and blows up the Black Rock, then lies about seeing Jacob again. All of this because he saw Michael again? Doesn't he remember that Michael went nuts and killed a few of them, including Libby IIRC? Maybe this vision (or whatever you want to call it) of Michael isn't a good vision?

I'm not sure why they thought that carrying the dynamite was so lethal. Just a few episodes previous, Jack lit some dynamite ON FIRE and it didn't blow up. At that point, it's pretty safe to assume that you're immortal. At least for the candidates anyway. Jack, Hugo, Richard, and possibly Sun (though I'm 90% sure it's Jin that is actually the candidate) would've all been safe from blowing up.

Anyway, those are my first thoughts on this epi.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                Well, perhaps 'music' was the wrong word--it was from Willy Wonka and is just perfect for tonight's preview....
                Yeah, that was an excellent callback. I caught and enjoyed it.

Comment

Like I said, Desmond likely just injured locke to get him to the hospital... where Jack and Locke will surly meet up. Getting everyone together.

This is what I believe Desmond is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                    I would say probably not. 'Locke' (apparently Desmond doesn't know that Locke is actually MIB in the original timeline [OT]) is the bad guy in the OT, while Locke is actually Locke in the FS. I think that he thinks killing Locke in the FS will have an effect on him in the OT. Whether this is true or not is TBD.
                    I don't think he wanted to kill him (which he didn't) he just wanted to provoke a near-death experience to make Locke see the visions/memories of his life on the island.

Desmond is on a mission of some sort in the flash sideways, though we still have no idea what that mission is. That mission includes killing Locke, apparently.
                    The mission was explained at the end of the last episode. He's going around showing the 815 passengers their life on the island. That's why he was looking for Hurley - and nudged him into going after Libby - and why he ran over Locke.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      Like I said, Desmond likely just injured locke to get him to the hospital... where Jack and Locke will surly meet up. Getting everyone together.

This is what I believe Desmond is doing.
                      Desmond seemed rather pissed when he hit Locke. Likely because Locke on island just throw him into a well.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                        Desmond seemed rather pissed when he hit Locke. Likely because Locke on island just throw him into a well.
                        Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He didn't accelerate the car like he wanted to hurt Locke- He full-on wanted to kill him.

It seems as though Desmond is conscious in both realities at once, though with one single mind between the bodies... Though why bodies in 2004 and 2007 are connected in real time doesn't make a lot of sense.

Comment

in any case the end result is most likely that locke will end up in the hospital with jack

also I was thinking that hitting someone with a car is not an entirely foolproof method of killing someone, if he truly wanted to kill him then he could have waited until lock was alone somewhere and strangle him or something
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                            Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He didn't accelerate the car like he wanted to hurt Locke- He full-on wanted to kill him.

It seems as though Desmond is conscious in both realities at once, though with one single mind between the bodies... Though why bodies in 2004 and 2007 are connected in real time doesn't make a lot of sense.
                            It doesn't make sense because they don't. He's only seeing flashes of each reality.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              That was music?..

But anyways, this episode was great!

Return of old characters, we got some answers on questions... like the whispers! Also, I totally called Locke pushing Desmond in the well.

The scenes with libby and Hurly were pretty good too.

I'm wondering why Desmond hit Locke?

I think he's possibly trying to get Locke to the hospital... to see Jack and connect them both like he's doing for others.
                              I completely agree, to bring them together.

It would seem Desmond is like an anchor between realities. He brings worlds together or is simply able to connect with them and bring stuff with him, for instance, memories. And the rules continue to apply, did anyone catch eachothers constant?? Every time 2 losties came into contact with eachother their memories came back. I am now convinced that they will die (because of what richard said) but because the tangent was created who-knows-exactly-when, desmond is able to bring their old lives back to life in fresh vessels. Desmonds mission is just like what he did for himself in the constant, he is nudging the confrontations between constants and thus, preserving the losties. But why? what do they need to come back together for? what about everyone else in the world who has loved and lost... there's gotta be more to it
                              When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Working...
                              X