Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a crazy thought here....about dialing Destiny

Well I had a crazy thought:

If they had like say 100 Zero Point Modules, tied into the Ori Super Gate....could they Dial Destiny? But I guess since the Super Gate is powered by a black hole I think....can't remember been a little while since I last saw the final seasons of SG-1.

This sounds outlandish and insane but it's a thought I'd like to share.

if they had 100 zpms. 3 would go to atlantis, one to the chair (if the have a replacement chair), 1 to each battlecruiser (5) and the rest would be in storage until needed, i doubt they would risk destroying zpms to rescue 80 people when those zpms could save millions in the long run.

also the supergate can only dial another supergate unless they cause the wormhole to jump like in 'The Pegasus Project' they cant input symbols like a regualr gate.

and if they did do that, then what, send through supplies?

this idea has been thrown around again and again and is seen as a pointless endeavour

Comment

Ah so at least I'm not the only one to have this crazy idea.

I guess it is a pointless idea then.

Sounds like a crazy Mckay plan to me though he'd be the only one to dare to attempt it.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        if they had 100 zpms. 3 would go to atlantis, one to the chair (if the have a replacement chair), 1 to each battlecruiser (5) and the rest would be in storage until needed, i doubt they would risk destroying zpms to rescue 80 people when those zpms could save millions in the long run.

also the supergate can only dial another supergate unless they cause the wormhole to jump like in 'The Pegasus Project' they cant input symbols like a regualr gate.

and if they did do that, then what, send through supplies?

this idea has been thrown around again and again and is seen as a pointless endeavour
        They could send another supergate in pieces through Destiny's normal gate and a large number of ZPMs to power it. When it's completed they can take Destiny through it and everyone on it back to MW.

Of course for this to work we'd need an obscene number of ZPMs or the knowledge to build them, and for the crew to gain navigational control of Destiny.

Sounds too farfetched even for Stargate.
        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

After all it's a crazy zany idea...

Only one who'd ever think of it would be Mckay right?

Doesn't sound like a Carter Idea or a Zalenka Idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
            They could send another supergate in pieces through Destiny's normal gate and a large number of ZPMs to power it. When it's completed they can take Destiny through it and everyone on it back to MW.

Of course for this to work we'd need an obscene number of ZPMs or the knowledge to build them, and for the crew to gain navigational control of Destiny.

Sounds too farfetched even for Stargate.
            they finish the supergate and then BAM. they jump into FTL and wastes those supplies

Comment

where would they get 100 zpms
              R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Just if they found say an ancient storehouse so to speak.....

I think it's just too wacky an Idea but I did say it was an crazy thought....

Comment

I got the impression that the Ori home galaxy was very far away from the milky way, maybe not as far away as Destiny is, but I recall it being said that a black hole would be able to keep the Super Gate open indefintely.
                  TBH I don't think you'd need the 100 ZPMs, the Black Hole could be enough alone, just make sure you're the only species that can use the gate.

Making a Super Gate is a good idea IMO.

I'm prepared to be told I'm wrong about a single black hole and Super Gate being enough to get our ships close to destiny, even if you had to make a few Super Gates to get you near enough to destiny to travel in Hyperspace and get to her in a relatively short amount of time it'd work IMHO.

Comment

as a replie to the first post:

no need - the supergate is powered by a SINGULARITY and it is made for intergalactic distances (i am pretty sure they could dial the ship - but they could only send stuff there, destiny can not dial back (that is the problem!)

greetings LAX
                    ps: as for saying that this is a pointless endeavour? - it is not, SGC/IOA etc. are responsible for destinies crew (if they can't get them home, they are responsible for at least giving them things they need to survive!)

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                      where would they get 100 zpms
                      Concidering how reliant Ancient tech is on power I'm suprised we havent found the plans on making the bloody things yet, feed that info into the Asgard "Make what you want" machine that Jack used to create the initial ARG and pop, sorted..

Comment

what if, b/c destiny's gate address found in the ancient database that has earth's point of origin, that, apart from it being as eli said correctly was a code - on earth there may possibly exist the technology under everyones noses, to dial the ship right there?? or at least, a clue as to how best to do it [w/o the instabilities].
                        ....Its what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                          Concidering how reliant Ancient tech is on power I'm suprised we havent found the plans on making the bloody things yet, feed that info into the Asgard "Make what you want" machine that Jack used to create the initial ARG and pop, sorted..
                          If nothing else, that ZPM-lite that Jack used to power the gate to the Asgard homeworld should be pretty common place after the 10th season, considering how common the materials needed to make it are. I mean, a Staff Weapon power source and a few jumper cables? Plug one of those bad boys into a 304's shield generator and when things go south, you'll have a ton of juice dumped straight into the shield capacitors. Not to mention Sam figured out how to keep it running with more technobabble, so you have a good sized power source with multiple charges always on hand.

Comment

use replicator tech to make them

Comment

First of all we don't know what would happen if we sent something through a super gate to a normal gate, it could shrink the supplies and they would feel like giants .

We can't just make what ever you want doesn't say in laws of thermodynamics you can't make energy, Tretonin and Chellos are not the same as ZPMs

Comment

Working...
                              X