Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Episode II: 9 part review (EPIC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Episode II: 9 part review (EPIC)

This review of Attack of the Clones is a follow up to The Phantom Menace review and it is just fantastic! While being hilarious! Shows all the flaws of the film!

It's a great review. His reviews of the Star Trek movies are pretty good too.

Comment

I couldn't bare to sit through the full review out of respect for my sanity. The guy sounds like he's speaking out of his ass, an ass with a giant obstructive tumour as heard through a banged up tuba.

But his points are all valid. The prequels were far less character driven and far more concerned with CG sequences and overdone battle sequences. There was no heart to them. And George's idea of a good take here (in terms of acting ability and emotional power) is just pathetic. I think he fluked it with the original film and then the most loved of the saga, The Empire Strikes Back, wasn't even directed by him. Hence the quality of the film.

The trouble was also in the fact that George was surrounded by yes men, lead by the biggest idiot of them all, that McCallum douche.

Unfortunately, the damage is done. And all the criticism that the prequels get isn't just the product of over-zealous nerd opinion, but from every leading film critic in the modern age.
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't like or agree with this review for the most part. I loved his one for Episode I, but it felt like it fell apart a bit here. He has an illogical hatred of CGI and talks about how stupid it is at every turn even when it adds nothing to his argument, and the kidnapper scenes, while originally funny, are grinding on me now. Too creepy and way too long.

His points on the romance were certainly valid, as were some of the nitpicky detail things, but overall this wasn't as convincing as the last one.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I love these reviews, off topic for a sec but he does have all three TNG movies as reviews which are great.

As far as this one he does make a lot of sense in everything he points out. There was no need for the first movie when you make this one, it merely introduced the characters and then does it again in Clones. Also the characters are not deep and you cannot seem to get anything but surface from them. It seemed as if they wanted these movies to revolve around Anakin, but then why did they not develop his character to make him interesting to watch? It doesnt matter anymore for me, the movies stunk and he is right on with everything he says.

Comment

Does the quality of acting come into play also? I though that also was a let down, although I do love Episode II as much as any other part of the story.
            "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

Working...
            X