Lack of sense of danger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of sense of danger?

After all that turmoil Rush and Wray don't seem to really care that they could be attacked from the 'Others' at any time? They still just want to see Young out of the picture?

I wonder how things would go in the middle of battle if Young wasn't there. Seems it would be mass turmoil (it almost already is WITH him there giving orders.) The response to the situation at hand from Rush and Wray at the end of that episode is almost surreal.

Random Person on destiny-"We are going to be attacked by aliens again soon"
    R/W-"Next time Young wont be so lucky"
    Random Person on destiny-"What? Aliens are attacking us"
    R/W-"At least Young won't be here to help"
    Random Person on destiny-"Are you insane?"

How should they have acted?

Comment

I realize Wray wouldn't have anything better to do because I believe her job may actually entail being a sleezebucket, but Rush would have been busy, I don't know, making the ship fully operational for the next attack?

Comment

The conversation was fairly brief, I'm pretty sure he could do both.

Comment

Following the theme, lack of sense of danger, it kind of irked me that while this big battle was going on outside the ship, chloe was just relaxing in her room, took away the drama a bit imo.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
            Following the theme, lack of sense of danger, it kind of irked me that while this big battle was going on outside the ship, chloe was just relaxing in her room, took away the drama a bit imo.
            It's ok. It's what makes her different. During a firefight, she has no place on the bridge. She's only a civilian wishing the military will be able to protect her. Imagine you're in a city and enemy planes are drooping bomb on you. You can only watch in fear and wish your military will shoot the planes down. It's her character, its what makes her different from military and science people.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Would it have been better if Chloe was running around going, "oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die?" What's she going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                It's ok. It's what makes her different. During a firefight, she has no place on the bridge. She's only a civilian wishing the military will be able to protect her. Imagine you're in a city and enemy planes are drooping bomb on you. You can only watch in fear and wish your military will shoot the planes down. It's her character, its what makes her different from military and science people.
                Totally agree - it highlighted her "outsider" status really well, IMO. She has always been the first to admit that she doesn't know where she fits in, so to have her with either the military people or the scientists would have been wrong. Alone in her room, waiting to see what happened, was the best thing to do under the circumstances.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
                  Would it have been better if Chloe was running around going, "oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die?" What's she going to do?
                  Apparently not, as I've seen the exact opposite criticism launched at Chloe as well. People criticize her for NOT staying in her room and hiding from the attacking aliens.

Chloe just cannot win, it would seem.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UniGater View Post
                    [...]
                    Random Person on destiny-"We are going to be attacked by aliens again soon"
                    R/W-"Next time Young wont be so lucky"
                    Random Person on destiny-"What? Aliens are attacking us"
                    R/W-"At least Young won't be here to help"
                    Random Person on destiny-"Are you insane?"
                    This raises an interesting question. How would the situation have turned out without Young. Rush and Chloe would be dead or still in the fish tank. Wray/others wouldn't have made the decision to focus on the main ship and force it (and the others to retreat) = Destiny destroyed or captured and everyone else killed.

Say that Young gets forcefully removed in a future episode. The military, Scot and Greer still loyal to him wouldn't work with anyone or make the best decisions (inexperienced), Rush would have a fight with Wray over who controlls the Destiny, do we go home, or continue studying it. They'd arrange for each other to have "unfortunate accidents". In the middle of all this bickering any foe could come right in and blow up everyone without breaking a sweat. Eli would not step up on his own and Wray and Rush certainly wouldn't suggest this. Complete chaos.
                    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I like how the weapons overloading was injuring the crew, not the actual weapons fire from the Smurfs.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                        I like how the weapons overloading was injuring the crew, not the actual weapons fire from the Smurfs.
                        Yep - risk from all sides. Very cool move.
                        sigpic

Comment

The 'danger' is real. That is some people, even when they see and experience danger, they only think of themselves. And normal person would think that when evil blue aliens are trying to kill you is a bad time for a coup, but some people are not normal.

To use the real world example, maybe Wray wants to sit down and negotiate with the blue aliens. She wants to find out what the people of 'Destiny' did wrong and how she can make reparations and surrender and be allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
                            i'm happy that didn't happen.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Chloe could have at least shown some restraint when the aliens drilled through the hull right above her. She just stood there and then walked almost right under it. If I was her and saw something like that go down, I'd try and observe what was happening from as far away as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X