Alien ship -Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien ship -Space

To me when the alien ship in the episode Space jumped away it didnt look like the normal "hyper space window" just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and what it could be instead e.g. wormhole drive etc..

I noticed that as well.

Might be a Transwarp style drive.

Comment

So.....

We can expect scenes like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zKNZGmISZQ

Its ! He is watching you!!

Comment

I looked like Destiny's FTL effect.

Comment

nah it didn't.

i'd say its an unknown form of FTL

Comment

I suppose we can just wait for screen caps to see if I'm right, but I stand by my opinion.

I was actually very disappointing in the aliens. What essentially amounts to CGI versions of rubber foreheads. Two arms, two legs, some fluorescent textures and some diet pills to get them to fully anorexic dimensions and presto. Taller and more colorful versions of the Greys.

I guess what I really hate is that the show is so good in terms of character development, set design and script, and they had the money and ability to make real aliens, but didn't. And it's at odds with the quality of the rest of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              I suppose we can just wait for screen caps to see if I'm right, but I stand by my opinion.

I was actually very disappointing in the aliens. What essentially amounts to CGI versions of rubber foreheads. Two arms, two legs, some fluorescent textures and some diet pills to get them to fully anorexic dimensions and presto. Taller and more colorful versions of the Greys.

I guess what I really hate is that the show is so good in terms of character development, set design and script, and they had the money and ability to make real aliens, but didn't. And it's at odds with the quality of the rest of the show.
              those aliens were over hyped and said to be really good but in reality they wernt

the mo cap (motion capture) used for those aliens were basic and very outdated and the look i agree with you tom.

clearly the inhouse CG/fx team doesnt have the skill required to do this kind of CG aliens justice.

Comment

Did they seem to move in slow motions to anyone else?

I don't know where the fault really is, whether the CGI people couldn't do something more complex, or the artists couldn't come up with anything truly alien. Motion capture after all is inherently limited to humanoid anatomy, how of you get someone to act out a giant centipede? But it's still a bad excuse.

I also have to wonder why the alien ship didn't do anything except sit there. Surely if it's fighters could severely deplete Destiny's shields, then capital grade weapons would have allowed them to disable the ship and board it.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  nah it didn't.

i'd say its an unknown form of FTL
                  Same here. It in no way looked like any of the other FTLs we have so far seen in the SG universe.

Comment

I'm starting to think that the alien ship did not fire main weapons so as to specifically avoid damaging Destiny. We saw the effect of the Destiny main weapon on the alien ship from inside the ship, and it was clearly having negligible impact. It may well be that Destiny is up against an alien force that has been pursuing it and adapting its tech for a very long time. I think this is essentially SGU's Foothold episode, but with the intention of pursuing the backstory of foothold that SG-1 never attempted.

Comment

I doubt they held off so as to not damage Destiny, if they had fought it before, they would have a rough figure on it's shield strength, and should have used their main weapons to deplete the shields before sending in their fighters to finish the job.

It seems that PBTB truly have no sense of tactics.

Comment

It looked like a different form of FTL for sure... more like the destinys anyway... Maybe the system is modelled on the destinys... they saw the ship years ago and got scans of it going into FTL from a ship without an FTL capability and developed the tech using the knowledge the gained from the scans and what not
                        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Its definitely some sort of Faster Than Light drive, but not any familiar form. It was an area of space completely separated from what the characters know, so in all likelihood it is a very different technology
                          sigpic
                          All good things must come to an end...

Comment

I'd say it's the same kind of FTL tech Destiny uses.

Even the particle vapor it left behind looked identical to Destiny in FTL mode.
                            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

tom the ship is old and damaged. surely they didn't want to do major damage. besides, they're working on an easier way in. and for an easier way to defeat the humans.

as to the aliens, i think they're cool. too alien and it becomes alienating.

weren't the chesthuggers alien enough for ya?

Comment

Working...
                              X