PDA

View Full Version : what were the orange thingies? possible SPOILERS for lost city

the_fours
May 14th, 2004, 08:10 AM
does anyone know what those orange things were that destroyed Anubis's fleet. personnaly im thinkin a herd of assended pitbul teriers or something. i can just imagine o'niell instructing the anciant device to "release the hounds"

waterfall
May 14th, 2004, 09:43 AM
OH NO!!!!!! WATCH OUT FOR THE KILLER CALAMARI!!!!!!! :p

Mio
May 15th, 2004, 06:57 AM
I refer to them as the Glowy Orange Jellyfish of Doom, personally.

SGSlugger
May 15th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Probably some high-tech engery drone. Or it they could be a bioweapon.

At my first glance, they reminded me of a cross between those top-level things in space invaders, and the sentinels in the matrix. Pretty cool though.

Crazedwraith
May 15th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Sperm.
Ascended Anciet Sperm.

the_fours
May 15th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Sperm.
Ascended Anciet Sperm.

thats an interesting theory, and all the enemy ships looked like they needed a bit of lovin :p

Teal'c
May 15th, 2004, 04:18 PM
How could this possibly be possible spoilers? :P

the_fours
May 15th, 2004, 04:20 PM
How could this possibly be possible spoilers? :P

just making sure no one starts saying it should have spoiler space on it

*call it a face saving excercise*

nugglebugget
May 26th, 2004, 04:39 AM
OH NO!!!It's the attack of the ...."Space Cooties"!!!:eek:

Anubis
May 26th, 2004, 07:38 AM
If you take a close look at Full Circle when Daniel tried to wipe out Anubis, that energy he throws at him is actually just like what was used to destroy Anubis but in a smaller, weaker amount

Thoth
May 31st, 2004, 07:11 AM
I refer to them as the Glowy Orange Jellyfish of Doom, personally.

I like it! Now, we just have to persuade TPTB to make it the official name.

But, the actual things were very dodgy. Matrix (best movie ever) rip-offs IM not so HO

Anubis
May 31st, 2004, 07:30 AM
Hehe. Someone who agrees that the Matrix was the best film ever

DanielFan
June 9th, 2004, 02:15 PM
They kinda looked like badgers to me... or ferrets. Ferrets would be a better assessment.

petzke_42
June 9th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I doubt the visual effect guys were like "Lets rip that off of the Matrix!"...although it does look alot like them. They may look alot different at a closer glance though.

Anubis
June 9th, 2004, 11:25 PM
That may look different, but then again I'm not going to stare at the TV screen and look! lol

Elwe Singollo
June 10th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Sure you aren't :rolleyes: Juss joking... I think they don't look the same though.

Anubis
June 10th, 2004, 07:13 AM
If you ask me, they look very simular. Just those Daniel used were smaller and operated in a totally different way

Crazedwraith
June 10th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Hehe. Someone who agrees that the Matrix was the best film ever

Lol. The matrix was pretty good but the sequels and the imagery thats TLC is supposed "rip-off" were absoulte trash and tedius to boot.

And just to justify my post I stand by my believe thats thye were ascended ancient sperm.

Anubis
June 10th, 2004, 07:38 AM
I didn't say that they were like the Matrix just that I said it was a great film(s)

Crazedwraith
June 10th, 2004, 07:51 AM
I didn't say that they were like the Matrix just that I said it was a great film(s)
Ahh but Thoth did and you were quoting Thoth when I qouted you. I forgot this board doesn't allow you to quote someone elses quote.

Anubis
June 10th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Ok, you had me confused for a moment there

greytop
July 5th, 2004, 05:40 AM
I first thought they looked like fireflies. Killer fireflies. :D

LoneStar1836
July 13th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Okay, I just had to throw in my two cents about what they reminded me of.

Every time I see that part of "Lost City", I think of the angry jellyfish on "Spongebob Squarepants". (Don't ask why a twenty-something-year-old who's closer to 30 than 20 has watched Spongebob. :p ) I haven't seen this particular episode in a while so excuse me if my details are sketchy if you know which one I am referring to. In the episode, Spongebob finds this lone jellyfish and takes it home or something. Anyway, somehow the jellyfish ends up having a party and inviting all his buddies so they like party non-stop. Well, when SB can't take it anymore and turns off the music, the jellyfish all turn angry and start attacking. I can’t remember how he resolves the problem, but when I see those “Ancient Glowy–Jellyfish-of-Doom” as Mio petitions for, I think of “Spongebob Squarepants”.

“Oooohhhh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? ….....”

Mio
July 13th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Okay, I just had to throw in my two cents about what they reminded me of.

Every time I see that part of "Lost City", I think of the angry jellyfish on "Spongebob Squarepants". (Don't ask why a twenty-something-year-old who's closer to 30 than 20 has watched Spongebob. :p ) I haven't seen this particular episode in a while so excuse me if my details are sketchy if you know which one I am referring to. In the episode, Spongebob finds this lone jellyfish and takes it home or something. Anyway, somehow the jellyfish ends up having a party and inviting all his buddies so they like party non-stop. Well, when SB can't take it anymore and turns off the music, the jellyfish all turn angry and start attacking. I can’t remember how he resolves the problem, but when I see those “Ancient Glowy–Jellyfish-of-Doom” as Mio petitions for, I think of “Spongebob Squarepants”.

“Oooohhhh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? ….....”
Heheh, actually, that's exactly what they remind me of (When I babysit, my sister demands that we watch Spongebob)

Yes, Glowy-Jellyfish-of-Doom! ::muhahaha::

Anubis
July 13th, 2004, 11:06 PM
lol Jellyfish of spongebob? lol

July 28th, 2004, 09:33 AM
I was notified of this thread, it would certainly help here.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2611