PDA

View Full Version : Smurf Aliens Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

spinny magee
April 2nd, 2010, 11:53 PM
They rock, they seriously need their own thread. They are like a Dr Frankensteins version of a Smurf.

A totally epic species needs a totally epic thread!

asdf1239
April 3rd, 2010, 12:08 AM
given the nature of sgu im sure it wont be long until a "todd-type" character of this species appears

Astria
April 3rd, 2010, 12:30 AM
HA ha, Smurf Aliens. Great name. Now will they be allies or enemies? I hope for allies, they need all the help and friends they can get.

asdf1239
April 3rd, 2010, 12:40 AM
im hoping theyre enemies of the ancients and ancients will be the bad guys now thats something thatll get me watching the show

spinny magee
April 4th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I wish I saw Rush hit one with that pole.

wraith queen inga
April 6th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Pictures, anyone? :P

spinny magee
April 6th, 2010, 02:26 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/uni_season1/111-Space/screencaps/normal_sgu_111_0115.jpg

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/uni_season1/111-Space/screencaps/normal_sgu_111_0776.jpg

Spimman
April 7th, 2010, 05:27 AM
im hoping theyre enemies of the ancients and ancients will be the bad guys now thats something thatll get me watching the show

The ship has been unnamed more at least a few hundred thousand years so I doubt they knew the Ancients anymore than we know the Furlings.

Meshakhad
April 10th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I propose "Stalkers" as a name.

_SocraticMethod
April 10th, 2010, 02:50 PM
They rock, they seriously need their own thread. They are like a Dr Frankensteins version of a Smurf.

A totally epic species needs a totally epic thread!

They ARE totally epic!!! Coolest aliens ever!!

Cold Fuzz
April 12th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I'm sticking with Smurfs. ;)

jsonitsac
April 14th, 2010, 07:31 AM
given the nature of sgu im sure it wont be long until a "todd-type" character of this species appears

Actually I disagree. I doubt there will Ba'al and Todd amongst them. #1. They can't speak human languages, #2. Right now they don't seem to be motivated by large scale conquest, like the Goa'uld or the Wraith, so a blue who intends to seek his own power and sees the Tau'ri as a means of accomplishing that seems unlikely.

I hope they only remain interested in Destiny and not Earth. There are too many malevolent aliens bent on conquering our little planet these days, nice to find something new.

MattSilver 3k
April 14th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I will say that I love the look of these guys, but I protest the moniker of "Smurfs". Very protest-ent!

spinny magee
April 16th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I will say that I love the look of these guys, but I protest the moniker of "Smurfs". Very protest-ent!

UniverseSizePlotHole
April 20th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Until we have more on-air time I'm not loving the smurf moniker - whether there is individualism, their reproduction, sociatal structure/order - whether we've only seeing a certain class of alien. So many questions - still a bit of a mystery, hope to find out more as we go.

rimorob
April 20th, 2010, 09:40 AM

I think some people have been calling them Blue with a capital B. As in "The Blue's ship blah blah blah..."

Whatever name you guys decide on, I thought they looked awesome as heck! Well done, CGI department!

Katherine Arandez
August 13th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I'm not really sure, but my brother calls them Nakai, so that might be what they're called.

Egle01
August 16th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I'm not really sure, but my brother calls them Nakai, so that might be what they're called.Their official name given at JM's blog might've been that. To be honest, I preferred them to have no name. Blues, Smurfs, whatever fans come up with.