Just a thought about ZPMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought about ZPMS

If they had like a dozen Zero Point Modules tied into the Stargate Could they Dial Destiny from Earth?

Or would it cause a Power Overload?

Just something I gotta get an answer for cause literally seems like the ZPM is the Ancients "Power All" Battery and if they're so rare you gotta wonder if there isn't some storehouse of ZPMS out there somewhere in Pegusas or The Milky Way Galaxy.

but once you dial destiny then what?? if you send people their won't be able to get back. the only thing you could send is supplies and mckay
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well at that point if you had that many ZPMs and had a few extras....I'd send them along along with Mckay and maybe Daniel since he's probably drooling to get to Destiny knowing him. Might be begging to go to Destiny since he begged Jack if he could go to atlantis after all it'd just have taken him a minute to grab his bags if he went.

But still back to the question at hand.

I've always wondered about power limitations to the gate I mean if they had so many ZPMS that they could dial the 9th Cheveron I wonder what else they could do with the Star Gate.

Comment

Yeah, if you had a large number of ZPMs you could dial the Destiny.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        but once you dial destiny then what?? if you send people their won't be able to get back. the only thing you could send is supplies and mckay
        Sure they could. Send ZPMs as well.
        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

or, with that amount of zpms, use atlantis to "teleport" itself like it did in the last episode to the destiny, surly with the modifications for jumping and a hyperspace drive they could catch up, the FTL drive is in relative stargate terms, old fassioned, whats funny is that the zpms do seem to be all and end all and yet in SGA they never once mentioned any research in creating them, the whole point of sga was to bring back advanced weapons, with the powersource for the ancient chair you would of thought more enfesis would of been placed on the zpms

Comment

They said the Wormhole drive "is not unlike gate travel" . So it didn't teleport itself, it made it's own wormhole without the need for a supergate. They also said that it required an astronomical amount of power. If we can't power a normal gate connection to the Destiny I doubt that we'll be able the send a whole city.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tyjos View Post
              If they had like a dozen Zero Point Modules tied into the Stargate Could they Dial Destiny from Earth?
              Why would you burn out a dozen ZPM's on a fool quest to reach Destiny? If Earth had 12 Zero Point Modules at their disposal they would probably use them in their ships and Atlantis. If you truly want to get to Destiny, use the power from a black hole. Create a black hole drive of some sort.

: )

Comment

Working...
              X