communication stone glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

communication stone glitch

my theory is the glitch had something to do with that brain interface device they used on Chloe and Rush. Perhaps that particular alien had used their device and it had a similar functionality to the stones, like they operated on the same frequency or something, allowing Young to connect.

but now that that alien that Rush killed is dead do you think they can't body swap with the aliens anymore? or could another alien serve that purpose somehow? (like if another alien used one of those devices with the same frequency as the stones)

any other thoughts on what was so special about that alien?

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
    my theory is the glitch had something to do with that brain interface device they used on Chloe and Rush. Perhaps that particular alien had used their device and it had a similar functionality to the stones, like they operated on the same frequency or something, allowing Young to connect.

but now that that alien that Rush killed is dead do you think they can't body swap with the aliens anymore? or could another alien serve that purpose somehow? (like if another alien used one of those devices with the same frequency as the stones)

any other thoughts on what was so special about that alien?
    He didn't eat his bowl of wheaties that morning.

Comment

Anybody else upset that the glitch was not explained? Carter or McKay would have figured it out.

Comment

They don't have Carter and McKay, and Rush hasn't had a chance to go over it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jimv1983 View Post
          Anybody else upset that the glitch was not explained?
          No, as I suspect it'll come up later.

Carter or McKay would have figured it out.

Nobody on board knows how the stones work.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Anybody else upset that the glitch was not explained? Carter or McKay would have figured it out.
            No because it wasn't relevant to the story in hand. If at a later date the reason for the glitch becomes relevant to the storyline then i'm sure it'll be explained but until then it doesn't matter one way or another how/why it happened.

Comment

When Rush was seeing the aliens thoughts I think you see the alien holding a communication stone during those cut scenes. Perhaps it was taken off of the destiny way back when we saw the first alien pod disengage in episode 3.

Comment

I'd say it has something to do with the mind probes considering how Young was deactivated when he put the mind probe device on himself but that is a guess
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

the alien wasnt wearing any mind thing a ma jiggy.

I can forgive many things in sgu that don't add up since all shows/movies have to take liberties to move the story at some point but this one is too BIG and out there.

Why this alien? if they were following them why now? Why did rush explain the device to the alien who he in no way could have known who he was?

Unless rush somehow pulled a sweet jedi mind trick?

I hope they explain it soon.

Comment

the episode 3 ship that could make sense.

But didnt' that pod crash land?

I didnt get the impression anyone was picked up besides rush?

then again maybe rush didn't know.

Comment

As far as why it didn't work the 1st time, I'll have to rewatch when I get back to my dorm room and can watch on HD (parents don't have HD....).

As for why Young was deactivated, I think that was done on purpose by the Destiny people since they had fallen under attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazeh View Post
                        No because it wasn't relevant to the story in hand. If at a later date the reason for the glitch becomes relevant to the storyline then i'm sure it'll be explained but until then it doesn't matter one way or another how/why it happened.
                        I disagree. It effectively cuts them off from communication from Earth. They should figure out what the issue is before they use it again.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
                          the alien wasnt wearing any mind thing a ma jiggy.

I can forgive many things in sgu that don't add up since all shows/movies have to take liberties to move the story at some point but this one is too BIG and out there.

Why this alien? if they were following them why now? Why did rush explain the device to the alien who he in no way could have known who he was?

Unless rush somehow pulled a sweet jedi mind trick?

I hope they explain it soon.
                          i think what he meant was that the alien miind probe left an imprint on the alien (like we have seen the ancient stones do in sg1 season 9) and as such the stones connected to the alien instead of the stone on earth....makes sense

Comment

I think that alien touched a communication stone some time in the past (like the couple in the Ori galaxy). If it was just the mind probe Young would have jumped to another alien using one on the ship, probably even the one "interrogating" Chloe.
                            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                              I think that alien touched a communication stone some time in the past (like the couple in the Ori galaxy). If it was just the mind probe Young would have jumped to another alien using one on the ship, probably even the one "interrogating" Chloe.
                              unless something went wrong with the probe that alien was using...and chloe wasnt being the first time young switched over......or (and this explains wat rush did) rush told them how to modify their tech to bring someone over. so he could get back on the ship and take control...this also explains the message in english

Comment

Working...
                              X