X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1x16 - Zelenkas Quote

Just for those who are interested

I feel obligated to translate his MAGNIFICIENT Czech quote to all of you
    he said: "Ježiši, ja s těma hercema nemůžu dělat!!!" which means "Oh My God, I cant work with those actors!!!"

lol, enjoy
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

LMAO! That is awesome!

*falls down laughing*

Isn't that kind of like in the episode Small Victories with those Russian guys in the sub? Weren't they saying something like, 'Maybe it's those bugs from the previous episode.'

It's always funny when they do stuff like that lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Oh yeah, plus this should go over to the offical thread for the episode...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Hahaha! Thats great!!
        Zelenka is one of my favorites, and that just adds to my fanatisism(sp?)

Comment

He is indeed a great character, and I hope he has many years on Atlantis, pref. with more screentime then he got atm.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            He is indeed a great character, and I hope he has many years on Atlantis, pref. with more screentime then he got atm.
            Well, i also like him. But i think he will stay as recurring character, since i heard Beckett has been promoted to one of the main characters for season 2.

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

thx for translating
              Really funny thing

I think a lot of people would like to see more of him - including me

Comment

LOL! That was great.

I also want more of Dr Zelenka.
                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                Individuality is freedom lived.
                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Zelenka and Grodin are the Siler and Walter of Atlantis, but with more personality (at least more than Siler.)

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss

he said: "Ježiši, ja s těma hercema nemůžu dělat!!!" which means "Oh My God, I cant work with those actors!!!"
                    lol, enjoy
                    Very sly...

Veneticuss... I seem to remember in Thirty-Eight Minutes that Zelenka muttered something in Czech as well while doing simulations on the puddlejumper... I'm not sure if you've done a translation of that... Would you mind doing another one?
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      Very sly...

Veneticuss... I seem to remember in Thirty-Eight Minutes that Zelenka muttered something in Czech as well while doing simulations on the puddlejumper... I'm not sure if you've done a translation of that... Would you mind doing another one?
                      Well yes

IIRC:

At first, it was the: "Can you give me the most recent data, please?"
                      Then there was: "So, give me at least, at least three!!" chair

I have no idea what he was trying to say with the second phrase

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss

lol, enjoy
                        Haha! Thats cool Thanks for posting it Veneticuss

Comment

Zelenka's hilarious. It's cool that he said something as a wink to the Czech fans.

I also liked that "If only people wouldn't insist on bringing food and liquid in such close proximity to the TEN THOUSAND YEAR OLD EQUIPMENT!"

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I would translate this a little ifferent... If i understand check ...its not so different from slovenian....

Ježiši - ''Oh my god'' or ''god damm ''
                            ja - means .. I
                            s těma hercema---- With those two (guys)... i think hercem is a person
                            nemůžu dělat -- Can't work...

So i would translate this as ... God damm, I can't work with those two...

Comment

Originally posted by ancient1978
                              I would translate this a little ifferent... If i understand check ...its not so different from slovenian....

Ježiši - ''Oh my god'' or ''god damm ''
                              ja - means .. I
                              s těma hercema---- With those two (guys)... i think hercem is a person
                              nemůžu dělat -- Can't work...

So i would translate this as ... God damm, I can't work with those two...
                              The translation are always difficult. It depends on that how the actor meant it. But you are right.
                              Your translation could also be right of course, though, there's not a lot of difference

Comment

Working...
                              X