This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I think the break in the access code and Scott, Eli. Greer, and Chloe in that cave was highly significant.
    The access code thing was a little contrived for me, though, and that ruined it. The 46 thing came out of nowhere; there were no clues dropped along the way to help us figure it out at all, so it came off as very plot device-y. Granted, I'm interested in seeing how the foursome gets back to the ship, but I was hoping that their being trapped was part of the dream. I wanted to see him wake up with what they needed and realizing that Chloe, Eli, Greer, and Scott had never gone offworld, proving that it was just a mental gauntlet the database was putting him through as a safeguard for the command code.

EDIT: Also, you could just watch the recap next week and find out those two plot points and not have missed much.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It was an odd episode, although strangely appealing. Sort of one big therapy session for Rush, with the B story of the young'uns getting trapped in the hideous Spider Cave from Hell

OMG, is that, yes, Rush's wife is alive and well on MIAMI MEDICAL!

Comment

Greer claustrophobic? Giant Spider was totally awesome!

Comment

I had high hopes for this episode and it delivered for me. We got to see Rush's past, and well after you see what he went through, you know why he is bitter, and well that bitterness might be slowly going away with a purpose to get these people home. Rush's wife in his mind says to not take it out on them. Some really powerful moments that really give you a handle on Rush.

I loved how they used the character background drama to feed the plot at hand. I was also shocked that Chloe,Scott,Greet, and Eli got left behind. I love how the show is still sticking with the exploration roots. Also, this episode felt very much like SG-1's "The Changeling" when Daniel is in Teal'c dream trying to help Teal'c survive. So an excellent homage to that and other classic Stargate mentions.

The producers said that anyone could start watching SGU. I disagree. Eps like this would get someone lost if they did not understand past Stargate history and events.

So to sum this episode up, it was one of the better ones after a not so great one before. A solid A from me. Cannot wait to see how they return and rescue the team stranded.

A or 9/10!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            EDIT: Also, you could just watch the recap next week and find out those two plot points and not have missed much.
            That's rather disingenuous, and you know it. That can be said of most episodes, ESPECIALLY Faith. Seriously, you can go into this episode not having watched Faith, and you'd miss nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Only one word can sum up this episode..

Spoiler:
              Brilliant!
              I was thinking...anti-climatic.

I don't get it. What do you guys see in this episode?
              Nothing happens. Did you see how easily they got Rush back in at the mid season...it wasn't THAT long ago.
              To me this wasn't suspenseful. It was...vaaaguely interesting only because I've been following the show but If I had walked off the street turned on the telly and saw this...I would have immediately turned to channel 154 on Dishnetwork and watched the NFL draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                That's rather disingenuous, and you know it. That can be said of most episodes, ESPECIALLY Faith. Seriously, you can go into this episode not having watched Faith, and you'd miss nothing.
                Except for TJ's pregnancy.

Comment

I disagree, but opinions are opinions. Anyway, this was the first episode of the series I just didn't like the first time through, so I'm going to give it another go once it's on Hulu and see if I change my mind. I had some friends over while it was on so maybe if I devote all my attention to it, I'll see more I like.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Gotta agree about "Faith". It truly was just a stand alone ep that really had little if any information to progress the story. We could of found out about T.J. in any episode .

Faith will alway be just episode 113 to me, but it could be worse it could of been as bad as "Life".
                    sigpic

Comment

Gotta agree about "Faith". It truly was just a stand alone ep that really had little if any information to progress the story. We could of found out about T.J. in any episode .

Faith will alway be just episode 113 to me, but it could be worse it could of been as bad as "Life".
                      nothing can be as bad as life
                      sigpic
                      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Epically awesome that develops into the psychie of Scott and Wray?
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          Except for TJ's pregnancy.
                          Per S09119's post, "you could watch the recap of almost any following episode and find out that one plot point."

Comment

Per S09119's post, "you could watch the recap of almost any following episode and find out that one plot point."
                            The only thing the episodes really have in common is the stalling to get to the conclusion.

Comment

Yay! 2 parter! cant wait for Lost!! its Friday 30 yet?

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Okay so... this is the first episode that I can attach the word "liked".

The good.

- Crying I can believe in.
                                - Drama I can believe in (mostly)
                                - Daniel
                                - In my opinion, a proper melding of sci-fi to explore the "human condition" crap we're supposed to need.

The Bad

- 2 most brilliant people on the ship, one currently incapacitated, might never recover, might die, and you let the other off ship for sight seeing? No.

- Chloe. Wants to be a Daniel and starts spouting smart sounding things? Please. The spider web? Ughh. Its like Paris Hilton has hitched a ride on this ship. Why did they do this to this character. Subtract her, the episode would be just about perfect, for the type of episode it was supposed to be.

- Music was good at first, got a little annoying.

- The humor still doesn't do it for me. The Greer/Eli scene was over the top.

Comment

Working...
                                X