• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Divided' (112) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE UNIVERSE - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 112

Colonel Young's opponents launch a coup to take control of the ship, pitting the military against civilians.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 February 2021, 07:15 PM.

much better then the bsg mutiny IMO. for one reason it's not over. this crew will never get along. and yet hopefully learned that they are stronger together.

cause if their don't destroy themselves the smurfs will keep trying and trying to get access to destiny
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Fantastic episode! Go Civilians! I had a feeling Rush was implanted, I thought Chloe was going to be implanted as well but I suppose not. I was a little sad TJ wasn't on the civilians side but hey I suppose she knows the military better. Glad to see the aliens back so soon. As cool as the mutiny in BSG was this had me on my edge a little more.

Comment

Well I thought that was one heck of an episode. I'm still with the civilians, and my guess is that being forced to lie on their stomachs when they could die at any second won't sit well with a lot of them. They have a right to live their lives without a gun pressed to their necks whenever they disagree with the military, and Rush and Wray wanted to make their point without hurting anyone. What they did was no different from the military charging in and gun-smacking anyone who wouldn't kneel immediately, except it was nonviolent and justified.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i dont know who i would side with but i do for one thing this is not the last we'll see of those blue aliens. i have a feeling we'll see them one more time this season cause in the Universe 1.5 trailer.
          Spoiler:
          those aliens make it to the destiny
          i just dont know what episode we'll see them in.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode; I am really interested in seeing how the events in this episode affect things to come.

Also there is one scene that I really liked, should not be hard to figure out which one. Though I will say that I like it for artistic reasons as well as the obvious.

@SupremeLegate
            Apogee Institute
            Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              i dont know who i would side with but i do for one thing this is not the last we'll see of those blue aliens. i have a feeling we'll see them one more time this season cause in the Universe 1.5 trailer.
              Spoiler:
              those aliens make it to the destiny
              i just dont know what episode we'll see them in.
              You should spoiler tag that...
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                i
                Spoiler:
                dont know who i would side with but i do for one thing this is not the last we'll see of those blue aliens. i have a feeling we'll see them one more time this season cause in the Universe 1.5 trailer. those aliens make it to the destiny i just dont know what episode we'll see them in
                This post. It contained spoilers
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

This was actually the first episode that really got my interest. Let's see... well, the distrust is going to linger like a blood stain on a white rug. Basically, the whole mess is a power/ego struggle between Young and Rush, and everybody else gets dragged along for the ride.
                  • Chloe and Scott? Well, I guess they'll be back to separate rooms.
                  • Lt. James? No civilian is going to trust her again.
                  • Rush? I can agree with his reasoning, to a point, as yeah, Young would have deep-sixed him out an airlock.
                  • Amazingly, the stones were finally used properly! And I was happy to see Alisen Down (Dr. Brightman, SG1 "Lockdown") appear.
                  • Eli? Man, talk about being left out in the cold...
                  • I liked the music (not the song, nah, not my cup of tea) used in the beginning... I've heard something very similiar, but can't place where.
                  • Young's a putz. Sorry, but he's far too quick to pull the trigger.

The alien spacecraft still remind me of Cylon toasters...

Overall, pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    The alien spacecraft still remind me of Cylon toasters...

Overall, pretty good!
                    actually the smurfs ships remind me of the ori mother ships but less spectacular when it comes to weapons
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Good episode! Good to see the aliens again, i think we have a series villain now. Something tells me those aliens have been chasing destiny across the universe. They musta caught destiny once while her batteries were low and got thru the sheild. Explaining why the ships all shot to hell. As long as destiny stays powered they should be safe behind the sheild, that makes the gate the only point of entry. They are REALLY lucky the aliens didnt find them during darkness or light or they woulda been effed.

I would shot Wray in the face and at least WOUNDED Rush to give them something to think about. Theyre facing a military threat so the military should be in charge imho.

Nice music on the dream sequence at the beginning!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Amazingly, the stones were finally used properly! And I was happy to see Alisen Down (Dr. Brightman, SG1 "Lockdown") appear.
                        Yeah, this was nice. If they're still going to use the stones, and use them correctly, I'd like to see McKay get the ship figured out. They can't trust Rush, and in all likelihood McKay will probably figure out the ship much more thoroughly than Rush ever can.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          Good episode! Good to see the aliens again, i think we have a series villain now. Something tells me those aliens have been chasing destiny across the universe. They musta caught destiny once while her batteries were low and got thru the sheild. Explaining why the ships all shot to hell. As long as destiny stays powered they should be safe behind the sheild, that makes the gate the only point of entry. They are REALLY lucky the aliens didnt find them during darkness or light or they woulda been effed.

I would shot Wray in the face and at least WOUNDED Rush to give them something to think about. Theyre facing a military threat so the military should be in charge imho.

Nice music on the dream sequence at the beginning!
                          Even the SGC ultimately had civilians calling the shots. If someone on the political side gave an order, Hammond and the military had to obey. There's no reason why the same shouldn't be true on Destiny.

Comment

FYI

from Twitter
                            @PatrickGilmore "Welcome to Destiny." The song on tonight's #SGU episode 'Divided' is "You Won't Know" by Brand New.

Comment

great episode ! i love the camera style that is used in sgu, its like wqatching a movie instead of a tv show. once again the acting is superb and chloe add some flare to the episode. i personally would side with the military on this one. the civs are doing this based off of the young / rush feud and they dont even know the whole story. Ive watched every episode atleast 3 times and never felt like the military were controlling the civs wrongly.I hate the ioc. I also hate that wray is ioc and that they call the shots or want to control everything. they always get in the way

good job. brody and volker need beatdowns from greer

Comment

Working...
                              X