Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea about water. (Spoilers 'The Defiant One')

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea about water. (Spoilers 'The Defiant One')

Okay, we know that there are two planets in the system Atlantis is in.
    The Atlantis-world and the desert planet with Ancient Weapon Array.
    Now, it's that odd ?
    A planet with mostly water on one side, and a desert world on the other.
    What if sinking the city wasn't the only thing the Ancients did to stop the Wraith ?
    I'm think the desert planet wasn't a desert at all.
    The Ancients took all the water from it and moved it to the Atlantis-world to make the oceans around the city / on that planet bigger.

Pros and Cons, please....
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Well they sure enough have fuel for a fusion reactor And they sure have alot of free space under the city

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
      Okay, we know that there are two planets in the system Atlantis is in.
      The Atlantis-world and the desert planet with Ancient Weapon Array.
      Now, it's that odd ?
      A planet with mostly water on one side, and a desert world on the other.
      What if sinking the city wasn't the only thing the Ancients did to stop the Wraith ?
      I'm think the desert planet wasn't a desert at all.
      The Ancients took all the water from it and moved it to the Atlantis-world to make the oceans around the city / on that planet bigger.

Pros and Cons, please....
      In "38 minutes" episode the bug on Sheppard neck has a strange reaction with salt and water, and as says Teyla it bug is like an ancetsor of the Wraiths -eat energy as the Wraith- so mayby the Ancients do a big ocean on Atlantis planet because the probable reaction of the Wraith to the salt and water (it means oceans).
      E per ço foren per los antics ordenades justes e torneigs, nodrint los infants de poca edat en l'exercici militar, perquè en les batalles fossen forts e animosos, e no haguessen terror de la vista dels enemics.

Comment

Actually, I think that's quite a nice idea.
        It seems to be a piece of hard work to move such amounts of water from one planet to another but considering the technical stuff the ancients had (flying cities and stuff like that ) it's not so unlikely at all...
        What bothers me the most is the thing about the main land - I think they say it's "huge" which means that there's still a lot of land remaining...
        What's an important question here is whether the main land is the only piece of land or whether there are other continents - though if it's not the only one Sheppard must have done something really wrong on his trip to not see it

I think it's a nice theory and it would support the theory about the Wraith being vulnerable to salt and/or water...

Comment

if the wraith are harmed by salt water, it would be funny if for some reason they brought super soakers.

Comment

I think you have too much free time.

Comment

Originally posted by BuuZeroC
              if the wraith are harmed by salt water, it would be funny if for some reason they brought super soakers.
              Ashen, I happen to agree with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BuuZeroC

THAT really is a funny idea
                Okeeeey, I can't kill you with my P-90 and grenades don't work either - hey, I'll try a super soaker

Comment

I'm not certain that we can assume that the planet in Defiant One was entirely a "desert planet" just because they landed in a desert. The planet may have lush, tropical areas, and seas. We saw so little of it, that it's really hard to say.

-IMF
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

But its unlikely they will bring super sokers, when the ships are fighting there no good, only on 1 on 1 fights, but then they will use more powerfull wepons.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Salt water? That would be a extremely stupid idea if that was their reason to land on a planet with alot of water on it. The city has a shield which holds the water back, the Wraith probably have transporters of some sort, so that if the shield would collapse they could invade.

Or more likely, they'd destroy it from orbit, in which case the water would do nothing.

Water would only protect them against infantry, which the Wraith doesn't have to use.

They probably went for that planet because the solar system is easily defendable. And alot of water doesn't hurt if you wanna run the city on fusion(more exactly deuterium) But the Ancients could easily do p+-fusion if they wanted to. This way the ZPM:s wouldn't have to run 24/7/365.

A mix of Fusion and solar power could probably power a great deal of the standard systems. The shield probably takes, atleast, 50% of the ZPM:s power when run on full power.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                        I'm not certain that we can assume that the planet in Defiant One was entirely a "desert planet" just because they landed in a desert. The planet may have lush, tropical areas, and seas. We saw so little of it, that it's really hard to say.

-IMF
                        Ever heard of Ocsam's (spelling ?) razor ?

The simplist solution is often the correct one.
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Didn't you listen to G'Kar? "No one here is exactly what they seem to be"

Comment

IMO people are looking to much into the whole water harming the wraith thing.
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                              IMO people are looking to much into the whole water harming the wraith thing.
                              Well said, my good man/woman/currently undecided.

ONE alien creature; who has displayed ONE similar trait to the Wraith; does that mean it dies the same way.

Comment

Working...
                              X