This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquada Mechanics and other questions

• Does anyone know how much a Naquada Generator weighs, how much juice it puts out?
    • What is the range on a blast lance?
    • How much damage does a staff cannon do?
    • How much Naquada is used in a "Naquada-Nuke?"
    • What does it take to make Naquada explode?

I'm working on modifiying a tabletop miniatures game to use SG-1 characters and technology, and in order to make the rules logical, it would help a lot to know odd details like this. Can anyone help me?

Also, does anyone know where I can find pictures of the O'Neal? (The Asgard ship-not the colonel)? Or any asgard ship? I'd like to try my hand at scratchbuilding a model of it.

Storm

Originally posted by Storm
    [list][*]What does it take to make Naquada explode?
    :

usually a bobs a good start

Comment

Why is it that every so often, after a dozen threads on Sky Captain or Ra or something equally worn out, someone comes along and asks the most technical questions ever!

What does it take to make Naquada explode? Weapons grade naquada will enhance an explosion already occuring.

Comment

• How much damage does a staff cannon do?
          - Enough to char skin and take a hunk outta ya.
        • What does it take to make Naquada explode?
          - Naquada itself doesn't explode; it just increases the yield of any bomb.

Also, does anyone know where I can find pictures of the O'Neal? (The Asgard ship-not the colonel)? Or any asgard ship? I'd like to try my hand at scratchbuilding a model of it.

It's the " O'neill "...with 2 'L's. I forget the name, but there's this one site that details a lot of stuff. They do side-by-side comparisons of Jaffa soliders and US soliders, and they have pics of Asgard ships.
        Good luck with the model. I'm currently in the design process of making quarter scale model of the stargate and dhd and possibly turning them into an animation for my model train layout.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

The naquadah generator can be carried by one person, so it probably weighs less than 50-60 lbs. It can power up a Stargate, so it's output is at least 48volts, since in "1969" two military trucks were hooked to the gate to power it up and they have 24 volt systems. The reactor can be overloaded to make a small bomb, probably in the 5-10 megaton range, and can also be used to power up a spacecraft. (I'd advise checking to see what the output on the powerplant on an aircraft carrier is and go with that.)

The basic staff weapon aka blast lance, is not an overly accurate weapon. It is mainly used for terror and at short range.

I'm not certain if it's ever been stated how much naquadria is used in the naquadriah bomb, but it's output can level an entire city.

Comment

Does anyone know how much a Naquada Generator weighs, how much juice it puts out?

not very heavy as it must be portable, and considering how small it is I'd guess you could stick it in a backpack or sumthin
            enough to power a small military base.

What is the range on a blast lance?

erm.... do you mean staff weapons?
            effective range about 50meters or so, any further ur not likely to hit anything.
            There's no info whatsoever about when the blast dissipates.

How much damage does a staff cannon do?

Staff cannon as in mounted big cannons rite?
            I'd say enough to blow someone (and another staff cannon as i recall) to bits.
            usually all we see is a proximity concussion blast effect when ppl fire these things

How much Naquada is used in a "Naquada-Nuke?"

One that burned that random planet into a plasma ball rite?
            I can't estimate weight cos you need two jaffa to carry a brick of the heavy refined stuff apparently.
            I'd guess you need a sackfull

What does it take to make Naquada explode?

it either multiplies existing explosions by about 100x
            Any extreme energy input will blow up the gate or at least cause strange effects.

either a potassium/naquada enhanced explosion, or that Ancient thingo that was able to pump a steady stream of energy into the gate will cause a naquada detonation

Comment

Working...
            X