Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars live-action series anticipation / hopes thread (no spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars live-action series anticipation / hopes thread (no spoilers)

So here we go....

What are you hoping to see from the live-action series? I'm hoping for a serious, adult-oriented series--much moreso than The Clone Wars. I'm hoping for something that feels like it has all the production values of something made by HBO I'm hoping that the Emperor and Darth Vader are names spoken of almost mythically, in that the common people don't ever really see them.

Mostly, I'm hoping it doesn't suck.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I personally am not too thrilled with the idea of seeing a live-action Clone Wars series. I'd rather see something in the distant past during the Old Republic during one of intense Sith conflicts, or something in the future that shows what Luke and company were up to after Endor.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping for more news soon! I really hope to see a cameo of Darth Vader. Surely the Rebels will run into him at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        I personally am not too thrilled with the idea of seeing a live-action Clone Wars series. I'd rather see something in the distant past during the Old Republic during one of intense Sith conflicts, or something in the future that shows what Luke and company were up to after Endor.
        Its not about the Clone Wars, its about the Rebel Alliance supposedly.

Comment

Yep....Clone Wars is set between Episodes II and III, while the live-action series is going to be set during the III-IV gap.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Yep....Clone Wars is set between Episodes II and III, while the live-action series is going to be set during the III-IV gap.
            [sigh] Well, I was hoping for a wee bit different storyline than that but SW is still SW.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              [sigh] Well, I was hoping for a wee bit different storyline than that but SW is still SW.
              To be honest, I think we have had too much Clone Wars and The Old Republic. The gap between Episodes III and IV are still relatively unknown. TFU is probably the biggest story going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                To be honest, I think we have had too much Clone Wars and The Old Republic. The gap between Episodes III and IV are still relatively unknown. TFU is probably the biggest story going on there.
                I do like the Clone Wars series but I agree that something new is needed. Something about the very ancient Jedi & Sith would be interesting to me, as well something in the future--post episode VI.
                sigpic

Comment

The thing about the live action series, is that it's not supposed to have things like Jedi, Vader, the Emperor and so on yet Quinlan Vos is supposed to be somehow involved. So it makes me wonder if we can believe that Jedi aren't going to be involved.

I am hoping that the live action series won't have a full time cast. I would like it to be like the Clone Wars, with different episodes focusing on different things and different characters. Obi one episode, Anakin the next, Ashoka, then Padme, and so on. I wouldn't like the show to be Star Trek, with rebels flying around. I'd want it to be like Clone Wars and showing different aspects of everything.

sigpic

Comment

I worry about whether or not an 'anthology' style show could survive though. Cartoons are one thing, but live-action almost certainly demands a larger audience and it'd probably be hard to pull people in with an ever-changing prominent-character-of-the-episode...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I worry about whether or not an 'anthology' style show could survive though. Cartoons are one thing, but live-action almost certainly demands a larger audience and it'd probably be hard to pull people in with an ever-changing prominent-character-of-the-episode...
                      If they don't do an anthology style show, the main issue is which character to use? We won't get any movie main character (at least to begin with, things could change), we won't get the Jedi (which could change if Quinlan Vos is anything to go by) and we can't get anything involving the Rebel Alliance since they won't be formed (officially) until 2 or 3 BBY, and the biggest majority of the popular EU characters are New Jedi Order era.

Anthology though, I'd love Boba Fett one episode, then Delta Squad or 501st Legion the next, throw in some Kashyyyk showing the Empire raping the Wookies, I think it would just work better than one group going from planet to planet each episode. However, I do believe that jumping between three or four characters would work. It works with Clone Wars, Law & Order: Criminal Intent was doing well the last few seasons jumping between two different teams.

sigpic

Comment

I got most of my info about it from the wiki page.
                        For someone relatively new to the SW Universe, the Jedi/Sith are the most interesting part. Smugglers and diplomats and rebels are just there to get me to the real power struggle, and the really cool lightsaber duels. The prospect of an entire series sans Jedi is quite depressing to me. If it's just about rebels running around blowing stuff up, flying around in X or Y wings and trying to avoid capture, I doubt I'll watch it.

Give me a single Jedi who survives the purge and is secretly trying to find others, then gets mixed up in the Rebellion and we get Rebel sabotage stuff, Jedi hunters stalking the remaining Jedi stuff, etc.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          I got most of my info about it from the wiki page.
                          For someone relatively new to the SW Universe, the Jedi/Sith are the most interesting part. Smugglers and diplomats and rebels are just there to get me to the real power struggle, and the really cool lightsaber duels. The prospect of an entire series sans Jedi is quite depressing to me. If it's just about rebels running around blowing stuff up, flying around in X or Y wings and trying to avoid capture, I doubt I'll watch it.
                          Well, I suppose I might be the only one but I don't care for Jedi/Sith too much...I liked the original trilogy because there were very few of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Well, I suppose I might be the only one but I don't care for Jedi/Sith too much...I liked the original trilogy because there were very few of them.
                            I edited a bit but I should say that the Force is the most interesting part of SW. Yoda explaining the ways of it to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back was beautiful, as was the way its light and dark sides affect the entire galaxy. I suppose I just hate seeing stories about 'the common man living in extraordinary times'. Gives me an icky SGU/Caprica feeling.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              I edited a bit but I should say that the Force is the most interesting part of SW. Yoda explaining the ways of it to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back was beautiful, as was the way its light and dark sides affect the entire galaxy. I suppose I just hate seeing stories about 'the common man living in extraordinary times'. Gives me an icky SGU/Caprica feeling.
                              Yeah, I fear it will just be a Star Wars version of BSG/SGU. Although supposedly a jedi is to appear in the series, Quinlan Vos. A major character in the Expanded Universe(and appeared in a deleted scene of Episode I i think)

Comment

Working...
                              X