Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe - Syfy Australia's SciFi Pi: David Blue Interview

At Syfy Australia's SciFi Pi blog:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

David Blue Interview: 'Math Boy' and Lindsay Lohan

Wednesday, March 31 by Captain

David Blue is more than `Math Boy' on Stargate Universe. It's like he's a direct conduit from the fans to the show, mimicking the exact mind-journey that every Sci Fi fan takes in their imagination.

Happily hanging out at home and then getting whisked away into an adventure involving space ships, guns, alien devices and attractive women, it's not hard to understand the connection that fans have with David's character, Eli Wallace.

The man behind the geek however, proves to be not so distant from the geek himself. In person, Blue oozes more confidence, but it's a confidence that comes from yes, actually seeing those arcane Sci Fi movies and shows, form playing the games and getting down with the Sci Fi TV shows in a way that would make any Stargate fan proud. He is not kidding around when he says the other actors ring him up to ask questions. He knows Stargate.

We spoke with him briefly and got the good oil on what it's like to be the fan's fan, and what, oddly enough, it's like to sing karaoke with Lindsay Lohan.

A brief excerpt:

You are now a poster child to pretty much every geek on the planet, living out on TV the dream of every person who ever needed to translate computer game skill to actual life advancement. Is the 'math boy' persona something that is close to you as a person, or is it something that you just have to learn to live with?

We do have a good amount in common, Eli and I. I, much like him, am a huge pop culture junkie. If I'm up for a TV show I like to know what it's like, I like to see the full body of a director's work. I see everything that's out there. Everything.

I've seen almost every TV show and movie including SG1 and Atlantis. I've also been on a computer since I was very, very young. But I'm a little bit more social, a bit more friendly. A bit more in the popular crowd, if you will. I'm that guy who is the geek, but cool. He's not quite as cool. He's a bit smarter than me too, As much as I'm interested in things like astrophysics and math and all that - even though I was good at calculus at college, not so much now.

In freshman year in college, I was doing honours in Calculus, and got an A. Now it's pathetic, you should see me try to work out a tip (laughs). I just assume 20% and leave it that - it's an easy number!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Great interview, thanks for sharing!
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X