hive gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hive gate

why didn't they put an iris on the zpm hive gate? they had like 5 warriors guarding it. that seems kind of stupid to me seeing as anyone anywhere with a stargate could instantly get inside the most vulnerable part of the ship. they could have put a shield over it like the one holding the asuran in reunion or grown an organic iris
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Since the gate is on a ship, anybody gating in would need prior knowledge of which planet the ship is in orbit around at any given time. Also, it wasn't known there was a gate aboard if I remember correctly, Atlantis dialled into the hive by accident because it superceded Earth's gate.

Also, it was a very rushed episode with a lot of blinding tactical and strategic errors. Shoulda been a two-parter...
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Yeah that is a very good point. It was clearly a very rushed job on the part of the Wraith. I mean really, the Tau'ri have been using the 'gate onto the enemy ship' strategy since 1998. xD

Comment

I don't get why they didn't just send a nuke through once they found out the gate was inside the hive. Sending a team to sabotage it is a recipe for disaster. If they didn't have any nukes they could have gotten one from the alpha site.
        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

do you expect the wraith to come up with everything??
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

its a pretty obvious precaution when you have a gate onboard your ship. also the wraith fought against the ancients who always used gateshields youd think they would learn something from their enemy
            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
              its a pretty obvious precaution when you have a gate onboard your ship. also the wraith fought against the ancients who always used gateshields youd think they would learn something from their enemy
              It would take power away from other systems
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

they couldve also gone the low tech low power way with a solid grown iris
                why did they even need a gate anyway, the only purpose i could see is transporting culled humans back to pegasus but why would they do that if they want earth for themselves
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                  they couldve also gone the low tech low power way with a solid grown iris
                  why did they even need a gate anyway, the only purpose i could see is transporting culled humans back to pegasus but why would they do that if they want earth for themselves
                  Its to prevent humans from using the SGC gate to evacuate
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

'cause you can evacuate an entire planet of 6 billion through a #$$% gate... Nah, this it either to prevent Earth from asking for help or just intimidation.
                    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

true, how many people are going to get through the gate before the hive bombards cheyenne mountain to dust or the darts swoop down and take them. the only reasons i can see for having the gate are to bring in troop reinforcements or send food back to pegasus or communicate with others
                      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

It was a poor plot device so that the Atlantis team could do something other that sit in their asses, since they even changed canon to justify it.
                        Prior to EatG a secondary gate acting as master would only receive all incoming wormholes, but it would not prevent a "slave" gate from opening outgoing wormholes. The only canon about that was that there could not be 2 different active wormholes in the same area (Watergate, First Strike).

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          Since the gate is on a ship, anybody gating in would need prior knowledge of which planet the ship is in orbit around at any given time. Also, it wasn't known there was a gate aboard if I remember correctly, Atlantis dialled into the hive by accident because it superceded Earth's gate.

Also, it was a very rushed episode with a lot of blinding tactical and strategic errors. Shoulda been a two-parter...
                          But the wraiths know that the lanteans would want to dail to Earth to warn them. So it's obvious to guard the gate. I think the wraiths are intelligent enough to know how much of a security risk an open gate on the hive ship is. And as MIKE. said, you can only evacuate very few humans through a gate and the wraith know that too. I'm sure they would prefer to have a save ship over loosing a few humans. But again plot device, so the SGA-team has something to do.
                          Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            Also, it was a very rushed episode with a lot of blinding tactical and strategic errors.
                            And that right there is SGA's main battle tactic against the Wraith.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                              And that right there is SGA's main battle tactic against the Wraith.
                              True, but to be fair, the Wraith are used to chasing and snatching largely terrified, comparatively primitive humans, not being shot at and otherwise attacked by significantly more advanced, tactically-competent Special Forces humans who haven't lived with the fear of Wraith culling every day of their lives.

Also, EatG was a rushed mess. I've said it before and I'll say it for as long as I remain a Stargate fan, Enemy at the Gate should have been a two-parter.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                              X