PDA

View Full Version : Godzilla (2012) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Madwelshboy
March 30th, 2010, 11:26 AM
'Godzilla' to return in 2012?

Godzilla is reportedly due to return to the big screen in 2012.

According to Variety, Legendary Pictures has picked up the monster franchise with co-financing from Warner Bros. They have obtained rights to the iconic character from Japan's Toho Co, which is responsible for over 25 Godzilla films.

The studio is expected to announce a director soon.

"Godzilla is one of the world's most powerful pop culture icons, and we at Legendary are thrilled to be able to create a modern epic based on this long-loved Toho franchise," said Thomas Tull, chairman and CEO of Legendary.

"Our plans are to produce the Godzilla that we, as fans, would want to see. We intend to do justice to those essential elements that have allowed this character to remain as pop culturally relevant for as long as it has."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a211390/godzilla-to-return-in-2012.html

Replicator Todd
March 30th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Huh, interesting? I like the Americanized version of Godzilla that came out in 1998 with Matthew Broderick, I was never a big fan of the Japanese ones. Too much Power Rangers-like to me.

Bajka20
March 30th, 2010, 12:32 PM
That`s good news, thanks. :) I liked American version of Godzilla.

Heaven
March 30th, 2010, 12:47 PM
wow
hollywood is really desperate for stories

prion
March 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I like both versions. watched old style Tokyo version all the time as a kid, thought the U.S. version was hysterically funny. I'll take either, as long as it's not 3D.

the fifth man
March 31st, 2010, 10:09 PM
I like both versions. watched old style Tokyo version all the time as a kid, thought the U.S. version was hysterically funny. I'll take either, as long as it's not 3D.

Odds are though, it will be.

Alan Wake
March 31st, 2010, 10:38 PM
Odds are though, it will be.

I'll take those odds, and raise you fifty.

nx01a
April 1st, 2010, 01:51 AM
I want Godzooky!

ReplicatedJedi
November 11th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I love Godzilla (Both American and Japanese.)
Can't wait to see what they do with it!

Legionnaire
November 12th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Americanized Godzilla may as well be Cloverfield... Bring back the man in a giant monster suit and terrible dubbing. Rematch vs MechaGodzilla. And for the love of god, not New York City again.

Teal'c_PI
November 13th, 2010, 05:09 PM
wow
hollywood is really desperate for stories

:lol: