Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Anyone else watching this show?

I had some free time one night and I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty bad. But then I still had free time so I watched the next episode as well and somehow it started getting better. Now I'm caught up with all 10 episodes of the first season and I've got to say its a fantastic show!

Warning to anyone that may be interested: Lots of CGI blood and nudity (female and male). Pretty much the series creators wanted to depict the show as closely as they could to Roman times which means they have to include all these crazy things the Romans did back in the day. Also try to sit through the first 2 episodes, it does get better after that.

Its similar to the series Rome in some regards for those who might have watched that.
    sigpic

I watch it too. I'll freely admit that the reason I started was because of all the pre-premiere Lucy Lawless interviews where she talked about how naked she gets in it, but after watching the show I've come to really like it for its own merits too. Yes the first episode is a little of a struggle, but past that it's really good. It has a really nice feeling of having meshed Rome with 300.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I saw the first ep and was like, meh. But i kept watching, and am now really into it.
      Thought what happend to Ilithia with Spartacus was funny. I dont like that woman. Send her to the mines
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
        I saw the first ep and was like, meh. But i kept watching, and am now really into it.
        Thought what happend to Ilithia with Spartacus was funny. I dont like that woman. Send her to the mines
        Yes I liked that part and then she goes crazy. I found it kind of funny that she had super human strength all of a sudden when she was attacking the other one (i forget her name). Either way, she's devious but really hot at the same time.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          Yes I liked that part and then she goes crazy. I found it kind of funny that she had super human strength all of a sudden when she was attacking the other one (i forget her name). Either way, she's devious but really hot at the same time.
          Oooh, i hate her even more after seeing ep 10. Cant wait to see what Spartacus does when he finds out she was behind it.
          sigpic

Comment

Wow I wasn't expecting that! (The end of 1.10)
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Anyone notice the look on Crixos face when that kid chose Varro?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Wow I wasn't expecting that! (The end of 1.10)
                I knew something was gonna happen because of the Illythia scene earlier on, but wasn't sure what.

However,

Spoiler:
                I was expecting Varro to die because pretty much any character that is fictional is dispensable. Not saying that the entire Spartacus history is pure fact since very little information is known, but usually there's a consistency in the history books with regards to the major figures involved. So if its a fictional character in the show that's not part of history, expect them to get killed off at some point.
                sigpic

Comment

I am so glad I found a thread on this show. I have been watching it from the beginning, and have really come to love it. IMO, this is the best new show this season.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The first few episodes were hilariously bad and cheesy but the show has been getting progressively better as it goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                      The first few episodes were hilariously bad and cheesy but the show has been getting progressively better as it goes on.
                      For me, the first few episodes are what kept me interested in watching. The show has gotten even better though, that I will openly admit. I really can't wait for tomorrow night's episode.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yep, me neither. Only two more episodes this season =\

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Yep, me neither. Only two more episodes this season =\
                          I am trying not to think about that. I bet they will be some of the best yet though.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Last night's episode was great. I can't believe how good the show has gotten after a terrible start. Too bad there's only one more episode in the season. But I heard it has been picked up for a 2nd season so that is something to look forward to.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                              Last night's episode was great. I can't believe how good the show has gotten after a terrible start. Too bad there's only one more episode in the season. But I heard it has been picked up for a 2nd season so that is something to look forward to.
                              Yeah, last night's episode was indeed great. One of the best this season. Next Friday's season finale should be epic.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X