Stargate: Ultimatum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Ultimatum

I just started working on Stargate: Ultimatum, a fiction based series for the web. It'll debut sometime this summer, maybe earlier. (I want all the episodes for season 1 finished before I start to publish ya know?) Season 1 has a planned 20 episodes.

I need some help wih graphic images, editing and managing the forums.

Here is the site for the show.

Thanks for reading!
    sigpic
    Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Whats the general plot premise can I ask?
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Sure. It's a work in progress at the moment, so it'll change before I finish it, but here is the general idea.

A reserve SG team is stationed in antartica, when the gate activates. The team can't spot the point of origin, but a message from the ancients is passed through the gate. A team of seven (currently SG-6, however, I'm not sure if that'll stick or not) goes though the gate and find themselves on board a ship called the Ultimatum, along with a crew of ancients. The Ancients leave SG-6 in charge of mapping out the galaxy, and recording the data from this new galaxy (which currently has yet to be named). Of course, not everything is friendly.

A few key things.

A. It takes place during SGU season 1

B. Ultimatum is not at all like Destiny. It's not in constant movement, it's charged up with supplies, and It's not going to stay in space for ever.

C. My cast is currently almost complete, with the main character being "acted" by Jake Gyllenhaal.
      sigpic

Comment

If you need Writers or any other help with your show, just ask.

And If you don't have a main-villain race created yet... I would LOVE to help you with that. I love creating baddies and throwing them into stories.

Comment

This may be a mistake on my part, but by the time of SGU there isn't a stargate in antartica is there.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomlyGenerated View Post
            This may be a mistake on my part, but by the time of SGU there isn't a stargate in antartica is there.
            nope not if you are in line with cannon.

my two cents on this "idea"
            the concept for this story seems very weak how would the antarctic gate even connect to an ancient ship in another galaxy?
            why would there be ancients calling earth and inviting SG 6 to map a new galaxy? why couldnt the ancients do it themselfs?

the concept is weak and unintresting.
            Last edited by Alx; 27 March 2010, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
              I just started working on Stargate: Ultimatum, a fiction based series for the web. It'll debut sometime this summer, maybe earlier. (I want all the episodes for season 1 finished before I start to publish ya know?)
              Awesome, welcome to the club Gamma626. (Can we call you "Gam" or "626"? ) Good idea on writing the episodes before starting. Give you plenty of time to get the ideas and story arc sorted.

Originally posted by Alx View Post
              the concept is weak and unintresting.
              Its also in its early stages of development. Give the guy a chance alx.

BUT i do kind of agree with him, the main plot is very shaky at the moment.
              Ancients? bleh. They've been done in the other spin offs and now their feeling REALLY over used. Why not a new race? (just, not the furlings. Seriously. NO. Just let them be )

Antartica Gate? There isn't one there anymore though! the SGC moved it! And then it blew up .... ..... whoops.

Ultimatum? Nice dramatic title, but it means, well i'll let the copy and paste explain:
              Spoiler:
              " a demand whose fulfillment is requested in a specified period of time and which is backed up by a threat to be followed through in case of noncompliance. An ultimatum is generally the final demand in a series of requests. As such, the time allotted is usually short, and the request is understood not to be open to further negotiation.

So, i really don't see someone calling a MAPPING vessel that. It just doesn't sound too friendly.
              Unless of course, an "Ultimatum" is a key plot factor.

LIKE the idea of the SGC/SG team helping out another race though. Instead of "accidentally" being stuck half way across the universe. And it avoids the virtual series cliche of "A NEW EARTH SHIP! SENT TO A NEW GALAXY!" ugh.

But would they really let just ONE SG team go? Alone? To another galaxy?

SO, to sum up, a few interesting ideas. Doing the stories before launching the series is well organised. Some concepts are hit and miss. And from what you've said so far, the main plot and characters need a lot of fleshing out.

I need some help wih graphic images, editing and managing the forums.
              i'd be a LOT more worried about nailing down the stories, characters, plot, etc, etc.

What a lot of people seem to miss is graphics, forums, GCI is all POST PRODUCTION, after the stories have been plotted out, written, re-written, polished, polished some more and then finally DONE! oh...and THEN published.

So get the characters and story sorted BEFORE you worry about making the pretty pictures!
              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

I'm not gonna lie.... I'm still a little new to SG. So that's probably the reason why my facts aren't completly correct. Which is another reason why I'm here. I've got plenty of time before I write the stuff, so I'm always changing it.

Ultimatum: A final proposition or demand.

It all makes sense in the context of the series I have planned. Basically, I formed the idea around the concept of the ancients sending these ships in to space (IE Destiny). I also think my crew is nicer to each other than those on the Destiny. If I can't find a plausible reason to start this... Then I won't. And remember, I haven't even written it yet. Using this reaction, it is going to be changed up a bit. And, Axl, thank you for the negative words. I find the negative to be invaluable to making a quality story. If it seems that dumb, no ones going to read it. I clearly need a more interesting premise. Thanks!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty much with Alx and Choo on this one.

However, i do think there is potential. You need to work out the plot more and figure out exactly what the story is going to be. So far it feels more like an Episode of SG1 and SGU mixed together rather than a series all of it's own.

How is this going to be different from all the other VS and shows?
                  Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                  Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

That's a good question. I'm working hard on making it different. However, there certainly will be changes that are made now. I'm glad I created this thread. A. I learned stuff and B. I now know that I need to change things up a bit. I have all 20 season 1 episodes planned out, but I'm re-shaping the first 4 or so. From 10-20 though, those are nailed down, with some really cool concepts. Why just one SG team is also a good question, but it's answered rather easily. I don't want massive cast for the first few episodes. New teams will come through, but at the start it's just this one team. (However, this team is going to be expanded now as well. Although I was already planning that.).

RE: the Antartic gate. That was just a spur of the moment thing I added in that post. I honestly don't have where they are when the gate is dialed right now. And don't worry, I'm not planning on using the Furlings. Some of the stuff I do have written is good in my eyes. I've been working on the characters the most. And I've got some good ones. Some need re-tooling though.
                    sigpic

Comment

why not use the Nox they are not used and they are a unknown factor

Comment

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
                        An entire show circling around The Nox... Sorry... I wouldn't "watch" that. They are just... well... I can't put it into words. The Nox shouldn't be the focus of an entire show... they just don't feel like that type of species.

Comment

An entire show circling around The Nox... Sorry... I wouldn't "watch" that. They are just... well... I can't put it into words. The Nox shouldn't be the focus of an entire show... they just don't feel like that type of species.
                          it was just a idea above you sead no fulinigs and the ancints were geting tiresom and the asgard are no more i was just makeing a good point just because the ones we have met are wimps does not meen they are all like that

some could be a diffrent part of their race who could have left the others a long time ago and no knowing the the anicent had gone diled up the sgc and asked for help deling with a problem

Comment

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
                            Or a Nox type race?

Just because the Nox didn't have cool spaceships and weapons, or walk around naked, doesn't make them a lame race. The asgard would of been the same if they didn't make us a protected planet, or O'Neill hadn't dialled them in "The Fifth Race".

What would of happened to our feelings towards the Nox if they'd been the ones to pluck the ripe ancient knowledge chicken out of Jack's brain/nest? (and yes, i have no idea where that metaphor came from either )

The Nox looked down on us yes, but at least they didn't try to blow up our planet, and were willing to see eye to eye sometimes.

I have all 20 season 1 episodes planned out, but I'm re-shaping the first 4 or so. From 10-20 though, those are nailed down, with some really cool concepts.
                            actually nail down your "pilot" episode first because that can (kind of) easily serve as your "series bible". So those other 10-20 should be less planned out until the pilots done, dusted, polished and ready for plucking - i mean posting.

Why just one SG team is also a good question, but it's answered rather easily. I don't want massive cast for the first few episodes.
                            Okay, so if THAT questions was wasy to answer: Why don't you want a massive cast for the first few episodes?

Hey, its okay for characters to appear and disapper. McKay didn't get introduced into the SG universe until well into the series run.

RE: the Antartic gate. That was just a spur of the moment thing I added in that post. I honestly don't have where they are when the gate is dialed right now.
                            Don't worry about that, theres like a BRAZILLIAN other gates in the galaxy (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Omega, Zeta, sites perhaps?)

I'm not gonna lie.... I'm still a little new to SG. So that's probably the reason why my facts aren't completly correct
                            ah, thats cool actually. Its a blessing and a curse.

A blessing, because stuff can be easy researched (thank you Wikipedia/Omnipedia, beware of spoilers though! Like Daniel dying!! [wait. CRAP! ]) but the curse is you don't know all that information goes together in context.

Btw: how much SG have you seen?

"Do or Do not. There is no 'try'"
                            [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

just a warning when reading wiki stuff is most of the time good but some of the stuff is no cannon

Comment

Working...
                              X