• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Package (610)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    THE PACKAGE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 610

Jin and Sun try to cover up an illicit affair when her father's business associate comes looking for his payment. Sun must decide who to trust as she seeks to be reunited with her husband, and Locke travels to Hydra Island.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 08 April 2010, 02:51 PM.

DESMOND! Man, now I'm excited. I wonder why he's so important...

This was just a so-so episode otherwise. I've never really cared for the Jin/Sun-centric episodes.

Richard now has a plan. Good to see.

Sun can't speak English now.. Hopefully that's just temporary otherwise it may become a big pain in the mik'ta.

Sayid is falling further out of sanity it seems. I think he's a goner.

I wonder why Widmore cares about those electromagnetic pockets... I suppose we'll find out.

Once again looking forward to next week's episode.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Grrrr! Stupid "V" and "abc" logos--they obscured what Sun was writing in response to Jack....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I too are wonder whats going on with the electromagnectic pockets that Wittmore is very concerned about-whats going to happen to the island and everyone in it-what ever they do with it.Also where is Sun's baby girl -didn't see that one coming at all.
        As before sitting on the edge of my seat when I watch these episodes, I wish it wasn't the final season for Lost, I don't know what I am going to do without seeing it,just have to buy ALL the seasons on dvd's so I could watch them over and over again.

Comment

I think Desmond's importance is linked with the electromagnetic energy on the Island. He was after all, directly exposed to it. It's also possible his importance extends beyond the on Island reality and into the flash sideways reality. Anyone ever wonder if Desmond was ever actually on the plane in the season premiere? The rules apparently don't apply to Desmond, so its possible Desmond can not only look forward and mind travel in time, but also looked into or appear in this alternate reality created by the incident.

Comment

Wooo my hunch was right, Desmond was the thing locked in that room on the sub.

Apart from that a pretty dull and boring episode if im honest.

LOST really does seem to fluctuate in terms of entertaining episodes tbh. It doesn't really have allot of consistency sadly .

Although im quite certain next week will peak again with a Desmond centric episode .

Comment

A bridging episode for what has been and what is to come, really.

Great to see Mikhail again! I really liked his character from Season 3, and the bullet to his eye was a clever allusion to his patched Island counterpart. And whilst it was good to see Sun and Jin's flash-sideways filled in, the whole alternate universe storyline is getting a bit stale. At the moment, it just seems like filler for half the episodes (albeit with some beautiful character insights). Whilst I know there is much more to it than that, I think it's time we started learning how the flash-sideways world is tied to what is currently happening on the island.

My gripe for the episode was the series of sonic tripods protecting Hydra beach. They could easily be tipped over and made useless by the Locke doppelganger, so it loses its appeal for me.

Whilst I have not seen any promotional material, next week will surely be a Desmond-centric episode.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                A bridging episode for what has been and what is to come, really.

Great to see Mikhail again! I really liked his character from Season 3, and the bullet to his eye was a clever allusion to his patched Island counterpart. And whilst it was good to see Sun and Jin's flash-sideways filled in, the whole alternate universe storyline is getting a bit stale. At the moment, it just seems like filler for half the episodes (albeit with some beautiful character insights). Whilst I know there is much more to it than that, I think it's time we started learning how the flash-sideways world is tied to what is currently happening on the island.
                My gripe for the episode was the series of sonic tripods protecting Hydra beach. They could easily be tipped over and made useless by the Locke doppelganger, so it loses its appeal for me.

Whilst I have not seen any promotional material, next week will surely be a Desmond-centric episode.
                I think we"ll get a better picture of what these sideways flashes are after next weeks episode.

I personally believe these sideways flashes are the result of whatever event takes place at the end of the series.

Comment

yeah, this episode was a let down... to much fluff, not enough kaboom... and the commercials were fast and furious and were total BS! It was good, but compared to many other episodes, it just did not hit anything out of the ball park..

I did, however, like the part with a few scumbags in the alt timeleine get what was coming to them..
                  My Story:
                  http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

First I thought the Package may be Aaron, but I knew it was Hume, and it is awesome, I am glad that he is back. I hoped that the writers had smth still in mind for him. He was really underused in season five. Loved this episode, I always love Jin/Sun Episodes. This episode as a let down??? come one.... how high is your expectation exactly? its still just a tv show, although an awesome one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                      DESMOND! Man, now I'm excited. I wonder why he's so important...

This was just a so-so episode otherwise. I've never really cared for the Jin/Sun-centric episodes.

Richard now has a plan. Good to see.

Sun can't speak English now.. Hopefully that's just temporary otherwise it may become a big pain in the mik'ta.

Sayid is falling further out of sanity it seems. I think he's a goner.
                      I wonder why Widmore cares about those electromagnetic pockets... I suppose we'll find out.

Once again looking forward to next week's episode.

Hmm. I'm not so sure. He shows a certain amount of self-awareness that, say Claire doesn't during this "sickness". And he has always seemed to feel horrible about the things he did prior to this. I think there may yet be redemption for him.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

For the first time I found out something watching an episode. I knew that Jin and Sun were lovers, even if they didn't have a ring. I know just enough Korean to realize, that Jin was still using intimate politeness level when talking to Sun, which he would never do if he was on a business trip with the boss' daughter.
                        So, the score now is Lost : me zillion : 1
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                          I think Desmond's importance is linked with the electromagnetic energy on the Island. He was after all, directly exposed to it. It's also possible his importance extends beyond the on Island reality and into the flash sideways reality. Anyone ever wonder if Desmond was ever actually on the plane in the season premiere? The rules apparently don't apply to Desmond, so its possible Desmond can not only look forward and mind travel in time, but also looked into or appear in this alternate reality created by the incident.
                          Good post!

Comment

I remember reading somewhere around the time of the premiere that Desmond (who appeared to Jack for a moment on the plane) mayve been universe jumping. It looks like this was a correct assumption. Given what we know about him and how crazy (and may I say, simple at times)this show can be. why not?

And I read elsewhere that since Desmond was exposed, he's become able to do certain things. Like receive new meories which Daniel Faraday proved in S.5. Maybe he's able to fight Locke?

If they all leave, many cease to exist. A new time line will be created. But the tangent will still exist and I think its a sort of fail safe. A way to set things back to normal.
                            Last edited by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal; 31 March 2010, 06:40 PM.
                            When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

I didn't find this episode boring or slow at all. I actually enjoyed them showing how the various alternate story-lines are beginning to converge. The Desmond reveal at the end was pretty sweet too.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X