This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time's running out...

Does anyone else think it's getting a bit late for another SG-1 movie with RDA. I mean the guy isn't getting any younger, and from what I've seen in SGU he's looking a little, uum, plump. Don't get me wrong though, I love him in SG-1 and in fact he made the show, and was a large factor in it's longevity but we need to get this one going MGM!

Originally posted by Stu View Post
    Does anyone else think it's getting a bit late for another SG-1 movie with RDA. I mean the guy isn't getting any younger, and from what I've seen in SGU he's looking a little, uum, plump. Don't get me wrong though, I love him in SG-1 and in fact he made the show, and was a large factor in it's longevity but we need to get this one going MGM!

Thats why i started the fan campaign!!! I totally agree with what you said!!
    sigpic

Comment

Does RDA have any interest in doing another SG1 movie? Is it something he has addressed in interviews?
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
        Does RDA have any interest in doing another SG1 movie? Is it something he has addressed in interviews?
        Yes
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I just think he started off the series and it needs to end with him. Sure he had a cameo in Continuum, but we want more!
          But does anyone actually think it's doable, I mean with the shape he was in in SGU (I'm only on Episode 6, Season 1) can he star in a movie as the lead? Or is losing weight standard practise for actors?

Comment

Well that's promising, then. I'm worried that at some point he is going to say "I'm too old for all this running around crap" - of course, they could also have Jack have more of a strategic role.

My long-standing crush on RDA is unsullied by any "plumpness", however. I would gladly watch in any case.
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
              I just think he started off the series and it needs to end with him. Sure he had a cameo in Continuum, but we want more!
              But does anyone actually think it's doable, I mean with the shape he was in in SGU (I'm only on Episode 6, Season 1) can he star in a movie as the lead? Or is losing weight standard practise for actors?
              The weight gain was due to inmobility due to a knee surgery. I believe RDA has commented on exercising to lose said excess weight.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                The weight gain was due to inmobility due to a knee surgery. I believe RDA has commented on exercising to lose said excess weight.
                Aaah thanks for info man, I never knew that. That's good news ! I thought he had just gotten lazy, which seemed a little odd, after having watched the "A day in the life of RDA" video Not the knee surgery mind you, the reason for the weight gain

Comment

I wish people would just get over his weight issues. Even if RDA doesn't succeed in losing the extra pounds, I'd prefer him a bit chubbier and healthy than skinny and with bad health.
                  sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't think it matters that RDA has put on a few; Don S. Davis was always rather rotund, but that didn't stop him. But as carmencatalina pointed out, Jack could be in more of a strategic role than in the full-on action. After all, his is a more commanding rank anyway.
                    Bottom line, if RDA's happy to do a Stargate movie, I'm happy to watch it.

Feel the love.
                    dolfyn.
                    Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

I thought it was surgery on his feet?
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        I thought it was surgery on his feet?
                        Knee , foot surgery. Close enough. The result is the same
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I will start thinking time is running out once it is 2011.

Comment

I wouldn't mind the way he looks as long as he's capable of being the lead once more, both physically and mentally (i.e. he has the willingness to do it). I mean he's 60 years old, I don't know what you guys expect him to look like. Its not 13 years ago anymore
                            sigpic

Comment

^ Yeah, he's 60 & he's still rockin' it!
                              He was in fine comedic form at his Q&A at Stargate 2010 a couple of weeks ago. That's why I'd still watch him in a Stargate movie. Hell, I'd watch him read out the phonebook, because he'd find a way to spin it into gold.

Feel the love.
                              dolfyn.
                              Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

Working...
                              X