• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J. Michael Straczynski meets 'Thor'

No not this alien guy in SG1

JMS stars next to the guy from Viking Legend / Marvel comics

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=17090&count=0

J Michael Straczynski, a comic book writer and the creator of "Babylon 5" television show, has just revealed on his Facebook page that he has recorded a cameo for Marvel's "Thor" movie.

"I did a cameo on the new 'Thor' movie," he said. "It was supposed to be just a ten second deal, but director Kenneth Branagh decided (against the evidence) that I can act, so he kept putting me in more bits. We'll see what ends up on the cutting room floor, but it was a lot of fun."

When asked for more details, Straczynski replied: "I can't comment on the role or anything specific to the story or characters out of deference to the production. All I can say is that it was something drawn from my tenure writing the Thor comic."

Source: Facebook

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...#ixzz0ijKaPUi6

One more reason for me to watch this. Out of all the people to do a cameo, I am surprised it's JMS because even when he was doing B5, he only ever put himself in the show once and it was a non speaking role.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      One more reason for me to watch this. Out of all the people to do a cameo, I am surprised it's JMS because even when he was doing B5, he only ever put himself in the show once and it was a non speaking role.
      And he totally deserved that role... very poignant moment, the end of an era.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Too right he deserved it. He couldn't have picked a better role, yet it only took 110 episodes for him to find that perfect role for himself.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          So right! That scene did me in. I was crying like a baby when he flipped that switch. Broke my heart into itty-bitty pieces.
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
          X