PDA

View Full Version : Is Zoe's mother nuts?

retiredat44
March 19th, 2010, 11:44 PM
She sees dead people and is an alky.. just saying.. I wonder if Zoe shows herself to her mother and sends her over the edge..

DigiFluid
March 20th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but being an alcoholic doesn't have anything to do with being nuts ;)

Seeing dead people, now that's another story :p

Alan Wake
March 20th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I think she's all over the place mental wise.

Ukko
March 20th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Maybe she is seeing angels.

Shpinxinator
March 20th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I agree with Ukko....in BSG Anders said the final five were given visions of what was coming and that must have been a long while before the attack on their civilization maybe Amanda is being warned

Girlbot
March 20th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I would say she is a lady that needs some real help .

the fifth man
March 21st, 2010, 06:09 PM
I think she's all over the place mental wise.

And personally, I only see things getting worse for her. For now at least.

Skydiver
March 21st, 2010, 06:38 PM
i think she's got issues. Now, how much of it was 'real' and how much might have been 'i don't understand her, lock her up until i do', who knows.

but even in the open of the show, amanda kinda has this 'barely hanging in there' look

Girlbot
March 22nd, 2010, 08:15 AM
A few fries short of a happy meal,
Rowing with one oar in the water.
The light is on but noone's home.

Skydiver
March 22nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
so, what do you really think :)

Girlbot
March 22nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
Well I think that they have made her the "fall guy" for when Daniel finds out that she is being used by that faction to get info. As to how far they will take her drinking and stuff I have no idea.

Vapor
March 26th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Technically, this isn't a spoiler since David Eick said it's no longer happening, but

Originally, the visions of her brother that she was seeing were supposed to be caused somehow by Vergis. He threatened to destroy everything Daniel loved, so he was going to start by messing with her mind until she breaks.

But since David Eick said they dropped the subplot, she just ends up looking crazy. Which I guess is a little understandable, given recent events and the fact that she's been hospitalized before.

I was actually suspecting that she was having true visions of "something greater," as was often the case in BSG.

Skydiver
March 26th, 2010, 03:25 AM
in the past, 'prophets' were often seen as crazy :)

as if their touch and 'in' with the future and unknown somehow messes them up in the here and now

Mariellelita
March 26th, 2010, 05:51 AM
I think so. I really don't like her that much.

huntress
March 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I love Amanda and Paula Malcomson does a great job portraying her. IMO Amanda is very fragile. We know that she doesn't have the steadiest nerves and was already institutionalized at least once and now she has to deal with the loss of her daughter and the fact that said daughter might be a terrorist. She is falling apart and the use of drugs and alcohol probably hasten her downfall. It would be interesting to now if the visions of her brother are simply delusions or really visions but I agree with the fall guy theory. I have a feeling that she will become a truly tragic character. If we stick to Greek and Roman literature and mythology it would be fitting if Daniel would kill her in a fit of madness....or she commits suicide.

Replicator Todd
March 27th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I don't think she is crazy...yet. Its kinda hard not to be nuts with the stuff that is going on around her!

aretood2
March 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Somehow I saw this coming a mile away. She did not handle herself at all at Zoey's death. Keep in mind that this is TV, you usually see the crazy ones on TV react like she did. She became isolated, random, and closed to everyone. Then that "My kid is a terrorist" rant is what convinced me that she was crazy. Though her dead brother could be something akin to one of those angels...

huntress
March 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Welllooks like I was right in regards of suicide though I think this wasn't a real suicide and only an attempt.

Poor Amanda.

Girlbot
March 29th, 2010, 05:49 AM
And I'm hoping what I saw really happened.

pipi
April 1st, 2010, 04:33 AM
I think she's just severly depressed not crazy. Depressed enough to feel like there is nothing else to live for which is the pretext for most suicides. Daughter is a terrorist, husband is a murdering thief, lost her job and she doesn't seem to have any friends or other family to turn to for emotional support. Claries doesn't really count.

abc123
April 1st, 2010, 10:52 PM
Claries doesn't really count.

I wouldn't say that. If Amanda survives, I think she will only become more and more reliant on Clarice, (to the point where Clarice may actually be able to convert her to the OneTrueGod religion? )

pipi
April 3rd, 2010, 07:31 AM
I wouldn't say that. If Amanda survives, I think she will only become more and more reliant on Clarice, (to the point where Clarice may actually be able to convert her to the OneTrueGod religion? )
The relationship between Amanda and Clarice is more of a rebound after getting dumped. It's a false friendship, they don't even know each other, Amanda is just desperate and vulnerable to talk to anyone who'll listen given that the whole colony hates her for raising a terrorist which was her own fault for opening her mouth in the first place. If Clarices dies, Amanda wouldn't give two hoots. That's why she has nothing to live for.

She'd make an excellent suicide bomber for the STO if Claries can work her magic.

Janus
April 3rd, 2010, 07:44 AM
I think Amanda has snapped. First she was depressed, then she started hallucinating and then suicide. Yes, I really thing she has snapped. She is gone, wacko, loco, out there and crazy.

Pharaoh Atem
July 31st, 2010, 07:45 PM
from the season 1.5 trailer

it looks like she does jump and daniel makes a virtual copy of her.