Tau'ri-Furling: First Contact and Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tau'ri-Furling: First Contact and Alliance

Hello all. I'm very glad that gateworld.net has a fanfic section in its forum.

I'm a fairly new to posting in gateworld.net. I've previously posted under the name gatetalk, but was havin some trouble loggin into that account. So I now use this new account. Like this alias much more anyway.

I've been writing a fairly popular fanfic on the Furlings on fanfiction.net, which many thread starters in this forum use. It takes place during the Milky Way coalition's war against the invading Ori forces. You can find this by looking under auithorname stargatewatcher. Be sure to read the revised version if u should choose to do so.

Anyways, like many fanfic authors, I find that I derive inspiration n ideas from speaking to other fanfic authors and/or readers. I'll be sure to credit my consultants on this thread for every idea they offer which I use, as that's only right.

Will post a 2nd thought soon about specifically the story concepts I'm tryin to develop right now.

Thanx for viewing this thread!

StargateWatcher
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    Hello all. I'm very glad that gateworld.net has a fanfic section in its forum.

I'm a fairly new to posting in gateworld.net. I've previously posted under the name gatetalk, but was havin some trouble loggin into that account. So I now use this new account. Like this alias much more anyway.

I've been writing a fairly popular fanfic on the Furlings on fanfiction.net, which many thread starters in this forum use. It takes place during the Milky Way coalition's war against the invading Ori forces. You can find this by looking under auithorname stargatewatcher. Be sure to read the revised version if u should choose to do so.

Anyways, like many fanfic authors, I find that I derive inspiration n ideas from speaking to other fanfic authors and/or readers. I'll be sure to credit my consultants on this thread for every idea they offer which I use, as that's only right.

Will post a 2nd thought soon about specifically the story concepts I'm tryin to develop right now.

Thanx for viewing this thread!

StargateWatcher
    Link?

That is all.

Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

[QUOTE=Aragon101;11315967]Link?

That is all.

Thanx for ur interest!

http://www.fanfiction.net//5536363/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_Alliance_Revised[/URL]
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

That link is dead...
        working one: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5536363/...liance_REVISED

and i tried reading this thing but the language used and writing style made it very difficult, i also feel the characters are off the action missing and the story basicly doesnt fit with my vision of the SG universe.

The curse of the Furlings!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
          That link is dead...

and i tried reading this thing but the language used and writing style made it very difficult, i also feel the characters are off the action missing and the story basicly doesnt fit with my vision of the SG universe.

The curse of the Furlings!
          Alx, thanx fr reading my story n thanx fr posting the working link.

Think I know what u mean by writing style--very proseish style. Language I'm not so sure.

Yes, the Furling curse continues. Loox like the producers really opened up a barrel of unsolved mystery when they developed the Furling race n even developed its writing system. <sigh>

Comment

OK, so now I'm working to finish chapter chapter 5 " A Weekend with Old and New Friends." The Furling delegation and the Asgard delegation, including favorites like Thor, come down to Earth for a leisurely weekend stay.

Comment

[QUOTE=Alx;11319213]That link is dead...

Alx, regarding the missing action, chap 8 is when the action starts intensify by a quantum leap.
              It wouldn't fit the plot too well if I just started narrating the action scenes too well, particularly b/c the reader will need some time to get an idea of my interpretation of the elusive Furlings.

Well u know, to each their own on things like preffered ff style.

Comment

I'm looking for consultants for the story.

Anybody interested? I'll be sure to scrupulously credit you for contributions you make, and if you wrtie fanfic too, I'll gladly consult with you too.

Comment

I have read soem of it, it's a reasonable story but I really think you need a beta reader, there are many I believe who can do it for you. And also it makes you more approachable to others if you do not use text language here, some odler readers can't relate to that
                  Without the medical corps, there would be no SG teams left

wonderful Signature by my Daughter RogueRanger aka Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by marilynrose View Post
                    I have read soem of it, it's a reasonable story but I really think you need a beta reader, there are many I believe who can do it for you. And also it makes you more approachable to others if you do not use text language here, some odler readers can't relate to that
                    Curious--when you say a beta reader, do you mean more so for spelling/grammar mistakes or for the plot content? As for the text language, when you "here", are you meaning as in on this thread? If you;re meaning in the story, I've stopped using text language since chap 5 and willl be erasing any prevous chap usages of TM language.

Thanx for responding to my pervious post.

Comment

To clear up my post asking for consultants, I was also looking for consultants to help with the overall plot development, as well as for in-story concepts such as a smore specific sense of what a Furling elf city would look like and what thier weapons would look like.

Comment

so...anyone so far??

Comment

It's the curse of the Furlings. Very few people want to touch that with a ten foot pole Personally i'm in favor of the Furlings never being found, and just being a legend

Honestly, i've only read the first two chapters, and i think that was before the revisions. I wasn't that intrigued but it did have potential.

Feel free to PM me if you want to brainstorm something.
                          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                            It's the curse of the Furlings. Very few people want to touch that with a ten foot pole Personally i'm in favor of the Furlings never being found, and just being a legend

Honestly, i've only read the first two chapters, and i think that was before the revisions. I wasn't that intrigued but it did have potential.

Feel free to PM me if you want to brainstorm something.
                            OK, Aragon, much appreciated
                            thanx very much for responding

Comment

Hello, hello, I'm back on my own started thread for my own fanfic story.

I've had to re-register under a different authorname, StargateFFWriter b/c I lost access to ny original ff,net account after encountering a technical problem which the support-staff couldn't resolve. Shpould change my fff.net author-linklink then, btw!!

Comment

Working...
                              X